Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2018, 09:57 PM   #1

Seeing many Used New Aire’s?

We’re looking for our next rig and Newmar is high up on our list of manufacturers. Seeing several practically new (very low miles) New Aire’s on the market. Was wondering why this is.
Was the 33’ just too short? Were there handling issues? Not enough storage? Etc etc.
Just curious if any past owners of New Aire’s might chime in.
Thanks!
Kbrede is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2018, 05:26 AM   #2

I could get used t the shorter length, but not the smaller engine. I'll stick with the DS and 450 HP
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:32 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Did a quick search and found 4 on RV Trader including one by a private seller was sold. Unless they are listed other places, not sure that's "many" given the number that are out there.
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 06:24 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbrede View Post
We’re looking for our next rig and Newmar is high up on our list of manufacturers. Seeing several practically new (very low miles) New Aire’s on the market. Was wondering why this is.
Was the 33’ just too short? Were there handling issues? Not enough storage? Etc etc.
Just curious if any past owners of New Aire’s might chime in.
Thanks!
A New Aire arrive at our place in Pelican Lake Motor Coach Resort late yesterday. I spoke to the owner - and he indicated few problems with the coach - and he really liked it.
Jon Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 07:05 AM   #5

I don't think North Trail is even showing any available, new or used, the last time I visited their site.

I think there is probably a decent market available for that model, but many that would spend in the high $300,000 or low $400,000 range would opt for something a little larger IMHO.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:06 AM   #6

There’s nothing wrong with the New Aire, but there are several hundred on the road. People get sick, lifestyle change happens. The coach is built and finished like a King Aire, 12 feet shorter and $500,000 less. I own a New Aire.
Charlievette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:56 PM   #7

I like it being shorter for access to many more places, but it it would take some getting used to with the shorter length. It's a potential for the next iteration for us. One thing that seems like it would be a pain is the small ( 75 g according to the specs) fuel tank. But like everything, you can get used to it.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:54 PM   #8
UAV

Funny. We don't see very many used ones at all. And the one FSBO on RVTrader, which we kept an eye on, is sold and sold extremely quickly.

We have a new one on order and the dealer from whom we ordered (Transwest in Frederick, CO) only has a couple of New Aire "slots" left for 2019 already. Two if memory serves.

I think used ones will be very sought after as the years go by.

We went with new for several reasons and are stoked to pick her up in later March or April.
UAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:41 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
I like it being shorter for access to many more places, but it it would take some getting used to with the shorter length. It's a potential for the next iteration for us. One thing that seems like it would be a pain is the small ( 75 g according to the specs) fuel tank. But like everything, you can get used to it.
There was much discussion about the fuel tank size when they first came out. We get 7-8 MPG, so 75 gallons takes us in excess of 500 miles, or over 8 hours of driving time at 60 MPH average.

We always fill our tank before we enter our next campground to reduce the possibility of condensation in the tank. Long and short of it is that starting the day with a full tank, we almost never need to fuel up before that day's destination, and we'd fuel up at the end of the day anyway.
WardSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardSimmons View Post
There was much discussion about the fuel tank size when they first came out. We get 7-8 MPG, so 75 gallons takes us in excess of 500 miles, or over 8 hours of driving time at 60 MPH average.

We always fill our tank before we enter our next campground to reduce the possibility of condensation in the tank. Long and short of it is that starting the day with a full tank, we almost never need to fuel up before that day's destination, and we'd fuel up at the end of the day anyway.

That’s been our experience also. Coming from a Cornerstone and 150 gallon tank we had concerns but it has turned out to be a non-issue for us. Just plan to find a station in the last 50 miles of the day, too it off and do the same the next day instead of going two or three days on a tank full AND I live the DEF tank is on the drivers side so I can use the bulk DEF pumps and save almost half innthe process. All JMHO
Old 11-16-2018, 10:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
Same for me on the smaller tank; just takes a little extra planning after being spoiled by two prior coaches with 150 gallon tanks.

Just for fun I confirmed that two (empty just to check fit for curiosity) “VP Racing” 5 gallon fuel jugs (which I use for the dirt bikes) easily fit into the rear passenger side basement storage compartment. So, that gives an option for another 10 gallons to be carried as extra fuel to pour into the tank...so 85 gallons total.

Don’t know if I will ever need to try using that extra fuel or if carrying a couple diesel-filled plastic jugs would be unsafe...any thoughts/opinions on that?
Johnidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:44 AM   #12

I love my New Aire 3341. Sure I have had new coach issues, but I love it. I thought it was hard to find a 2018 or 2019 New Aire. I have seen ads but when they are tracked Down they are spoken for.
Rdhplano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:04 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJOE View Post
I don't think North Trail is even showing any available, new or used, the last time I visited their site.

I think there is probably a decent market available for that model, but many that would spend in the high $300,000 or low $400,000 range would opt for something a little larger IMHO.
That’s exactly why we bought them FLJOE, because they are shorter. Actually I would prefer even shorter. There is a Baystar with a great floor plan around 30’ feet that to me would be perfect if it were a luxury diesel. There are hundreds of reason some of us want shorter luxury coaches. I’ll give you one. I hate the nasty, greasy fuel stations at truck stops. With my last three 40’ plus pushers I would have to change shoes just to step out of the coach to fuel up. I’ve made 14 trips in my New Aire and haven’t been to a truck stop yet. Don’t even have those nasty old shoes in the coach. But, everyone is different and I fully understand those who want a very large coach. I think the market for smaller luxury coaches will grow though. Foretravel is already joining the competition and others are on the drawing boards.
R. D. Vanderslice
2018 New Aire 3341 (love it)
rdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:11 AM   #14

We take delivery of our New Aire on Tuesday. We have had some experience with a big coach. In 2015 we rented a 45' Renegade Super C motorhome and drove from Chicago to Alaska and back. It was very comfortable and roomy. We also rented a 30' Tiffin and drove that around Lake Michigan in 2017.

We decided that we wanted smaller rather than bigger primarily because we hope that the size of the New Aire will make it possible to stay in more National and State parks and also because we hope that the smaller size will require less planning ahead. It only makes sense that if there is a space constraint in a campground, the smaller you are the more likely they'll have available spots. We want to do as little planning as necessary to remain flexible as we travel around.

Since we're starting full time on Tuesday next week, only time will tell.

One more thing. We did test drive the New Aire and found it to be surprisingly maneuverable because of its tight turning radius due to the shorter wheelbase and wheel cut angle. That should make getting into and out of tighter locations just that much easier. On our trip to Alaska, I got into some tight situations with the 45' RV that required I back out...very carefully. I believe that the New Aire with its shorter length would have made it possible to navigate those spots.
SteveUpp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air