Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2016, 04:56 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99phantoms View Post
How reliable are those sources?

Straight from the top. But they are not using See Level. It's a new product with even greater resolution and additional features.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2016, 05:16 PM   #30

Freightliner Owners Club
Very reliable. Veeery believable. I could cite the name, but probably not ready for publication just yet.
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:48 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapuTech View Post
Straight from the top. But they are not using See Level. It's a new product with even greater resolution and additional features.
Seelevel has 1% resolution. I can't see the value of having resolution higher than that.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:04 AM   #32
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Seelevel has 1% resolution. I can't see the value of having resolution higher than that.
There are some folks that just need to know how much ..... errr, stuff is in the tanks.

Even 1% is only a 'close enough' with rounded edge tanks and sensing units that are stuck on that tank with 2 sided tape using a calibrated eyeball and tape measure that can't take into account those edges and maybe irregular shapes of many tanks. Of course there is the levelness of the RV along with how level the tanks were installed to the chassis, etc, etc, etc. Yeah, I know, you calibrate the senders but see the above
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 01:44 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
+/-8% actually which is a 16% variance.

Just because it reads out to a set resolution doesn't mean it is that accurate. Just drain or fill a tank a watch the numbers. You'll see it hop 5-10% at a time.

The coming models will provide additional features such as auto tank fill and auto tank drain for the holding tanks. That's what's coming next year.

The indication was it was not See Level, but it may well be this model.

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/pr...o-evac-system/

Do you need the extra accuracy? Not likely, that was just the information provided along with what extra functionality the new sensors would bring.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:34 PM   #34

Great looking system. I had noticed late last year on the Garnett web page. Do you think that good a system will come to a Dutchstar?

It can be setup to be a very automated system.

I think it would show that Newmar has moved up to one up the Entegra. Now if they would modify the DS to use the Turbo Sanicon and make a bullet proof discharge hose on a DS would be a good accomplishment.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 05:11 AM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Very happy

I have a 2007 Dutch Star and I added SeeLevel monitor in my wet bay. I love it. Access to the tanks from the passenger side of the coach was very easy - removed pegboard in tool bay. (Pix shows the montoring strips taped in place for testing.) Easy to pass wiring through to wet bay above the tanks. Put the monitor high in the bay so that it was minimally exposed. Since I have a Sanicon system for dumping, it is especially helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4599.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	143748   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9552.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	143750  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9536.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	143751   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9531.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	143752  

slowspokes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:47 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Awesome pictures. Nice setup.
Waywards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 01:38 PM   #37

Thanks for the pictures on the Seelevel slowspokes1 Doing that on mine when I get it.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:37 PM   #38

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
We are in the process of ordering a Dsdp and one of my specials was to have the wiring for the SeeLevel installed. I was told by Michelle they have done very little of these in the 17's. She said there seems to be some kind of problem with the auto water fill. Will the SeeLevel 3 eliminate that problem and should I continue with the wiring special?
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:51 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicia Tom View Post
We are in the process of ordering a Dsdp and one of my specials was to have the wiring for the SeeLevel installed. I was told by Michelle they have done very little of these in the 17's. She said there seems to be some kind of problem with the auto water fill. Will the SeeLevel 3 eliminate that problem and should I continue with the wiring special?
I had the wiring added as a special and plan on installing the Seelevel in addition to the standard monitoring system. So I don't see how that could affect the auto water fill.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:45 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Unless Newmar is doing something really weird, the auto-water-fill system SHOULD be a completely separate system and have no bearing on the SeeLevel system which monitors tank levels.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:10 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowspokes1 View Post
I have a 2007 Dutch Star and I added SeeLevel monitor in my wet bay. I love it. Access to the tanks from the passenger side of the coach was very easy - removed pegboard in tool bay. (Pix shows the montoring strips taped in place for testing.) Easy to pass wiring through to wet bay above the tanks. Put the monitor high in the bay so that it was minimally exposed. Since I have a Sanicon system for dumping, it is especially helpful.
Great pictures. Your post will be extremely helpful when I install the Seelevel in my coach. How long did it take you to complete your install?
Rolano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:30 AM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
slowspokes1: thanks so much for the pics, great job. I've been wanting to add Seelevel to my '07 KSDP, your photos give me some confidence. Did you install the monitor panel in the coach interior controls panel. If so, would you elaborate a little on that process?