RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2013, 02:20 PM   #1

Service at Newmar HQ worth the trip?

Hi all! I am thinking of driving to Indiana to get several items repaired or replaced in my 2002 Dutch Star. I'd like to go to the "mother ship" to get the work done and to go on the factory tour. I have a few questions:

1) Is the service center in Nappanee or Elkhart?

2) Is it worthwhile to visit Newmar's HQ for the work or go to another service center? None are near me in Milwaukee, WI. I will be in Amana, Iowa for a week in September and would drive to Indiana after that.

3) Can anyone recommend a good campground near Newmar?

Thank you for your help!

Liz

LizCarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2013, 03:08 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
It is in Napa-nee and yes it worth the trip. I was there last year, had an appointment and stayed at service center in their parking area

Old 08-30-2013, 03:15 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Make a service appointment and stay at the full hook up service center. Out of MH at 6:00 AM and back in MH about 3:30-4:00. Well worth going there for repairs.
2011 Dutch Star #4344 - 2014 Buick Enclave W/Blue Ox Aventa LX Tow Bar and base-plate
SMI Air Force One brake
Terry43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:54 PM   #4

It's definitely worth the trip, but they usually stay pretty much booked up many weeks to a few months in advance until wintertime, but you may luck out with an opening in the schedule.

Sue
Old 08-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizCarmel View Post
Hi all! I am thinking of driving to Indiana to get several items repaired or replaced in my 2002 Dutch Star. I'd like to go to the "mother ship" to get the work done and to go on the factory tour. I have a few questions:

1) Is the service center in Nappanee or Elkhart?

2) Is it worthwhile to visit Newmar's HQ for the work or go to another service center? None are near me in Milwaukee, WI. I will be in Amana, Iowa for a week in September and would drive to Indiana after that.

3) Can anyone recommend a good campground near Newmar?

Thank you for your help!

Liz
I drove over 1200 miles from Colorado To Nappanee due to the integrity of service and do not regret.
Stay free at Newmar campground onsite of the plant.
huntnjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Definitely worth the trip but you need a appointment, in this link has Newmar information and contact information for repair appointment in the NEWMAR CORP.COM.
You will need your coach build number or Vin # and explain what you need to have done and they will set up appointment and mail you the info for date to arrive and park in the Repair Center parking lot with full hook-ups.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #7

Absolutely worth the trip. We also had an `02 Dutch Star, had extensive floor work done there and the service was outstanding.
Cal as far ahead as possible as they are usually very busy.
Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
If you have never been to the factory and have the time it is worth the visit. The surrounding area has alot to offer. The techs working on your coach are the best and if parts are needed they either have them in stock or can get them quicker than a dealer. Usually a whole list of things can be fixed in one work week.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:34 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just spend a few day there about a month ago and yes...I would recommend them. We had a few items and they found a few in the process. The ones they found were not major and didn't really make much of a difference in my final bill. One nice thing is that they know what needs to be done to improve things with little tweaks that don't cost much but help. As an example, we have the power slide locks and the trim they use to clamp onto is always coming unglued. Now, I'm no mechanical wizard and often miss the obvious solution so while adjusting the slides they also pop riveted the trim in place. Looks just fine and no more re-glueing. Of course, they asked first.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:45 AM   #10

Thank you all for your help. I will call on Monday and make an appointment. I was a little confused because the Nappanee location is not listed on Newmar's Service Center webpage or shown on the map. I googled it and found the number for Customer Service.

Have a great day!

Liz
LizCarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #11
1977-2006

Newmar Owners Club
Just out of curiosity, what are their shop rates? I assume they work on any and all systems, regardless of who manuf the system, correct? In other words, if I have a recurring problem with my HWH levelers that no one local seems to be able to address properly, the factory will be able to?
Old 08-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
Just out of curiosity, what are their shop rates? I assume they work on any and all systems, regardless of who manuf the system, correct? In other words, if I have a recurring problem with my HWH levelers that no one local seems to be able to address properly, the factory will be able to?

Yes, they work on all the systems in their coaches. Depending on where you live you might want to visit HWH in Moscow, Iowa to have your jacks attended to.

2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, service