Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2020, 10:34 PM   #1

Service Options

There probably is not a right answer to this question but was hoping you’ll could give me some input based upon past experience. I have a Newmar Ventana 4311 that needs some warranty work. I bought the coach from NIRVC in Lewisville. They are 200 miles away from my home base. There are 2 closer dealers that do warranty work on Newmar coaches. Holiday World in Katy and Ancira RV in San Antonio. Katy is the closest at 85 miles. I am trying to talk myself in to taking it to Katy but the reviews of Holiday Wotld and Ancira are quite negative. So what do you’ll suggest- Houston or Lewisville?

2020 Ventana 4311
2020 Chevrolet Traverse
Windowtotrvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2020, 05:04 AM   #2

Lewisville. Definitely. Avoid Holiday World.
Old 01-23-2020, 07:33 AM   #3

NIRVC , Lewisville.
Bill Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:37 AM   #4

NIRVC Lewisville definitely!
Granite17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:59 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Go back to where you bought it, from what i hear they are great to deal with... just my opinion, myself im heading to Napanne for slide work.
Chief Alen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:12 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Windowtotrvl --

First, welcome to the forum! There are many good members who provide excellent advice!

I concur with others to avoid Holiday World which gave me a big "run around" for a headlights "high beam" switch Safety Recall for my Ventana LE that I purchased at NIRV in Lewisville. Given that horrible treatment by Holiday World, I contacted RV Masters (located on Bingle Road at bit north of I-10) and asked if they could perform the Safety Recall work and they said "yes" but I would have to pay them and seek reimbursement from Newmar. RV Masters had to get authorization from Newmar to perform the work. I received the reimbursement from Newmar in about one week after the work was completed.

RV Masters did great work on my previous motorhome and did a nice job on the headlight safety recall. Before driving to NIRV in Lewisville, I suggest that you contact RV Masters and ask them if they can perform Newmar warranty work. If the answer from RV Masters is "no", then I concur with others to take your Ventana to NIRV for the warranty work. Here is the link to RV Masters' website --> https://www.rvmastersinc.com/

Where is your home located in this great state of Texas?
fagnaml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 05:00 PM   #7

Thank you’ll all

Thank you for all the good advice. I live in College Station Texas and it looks like a trip back to Dallas May be my best option
Windowtotrvl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service