Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2017, 08:02 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you read the first link I gave you, you will find that link at the bottom, if he is a new dearler may not find anything.
I would call Newmar with your concerns and the run around your getting and see what they say as to the answers your getting from this dealer, most of VA. would have new dealers I do not think there are many if any listed in the NEWMAR CORP Sticky, stickies something else for you to read while waiting.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2017, 08:21 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewlee View Post
Must be McGeorge, now Camping World
Nope. I avoided them. This dealer is in Jersey and had good reviews. Will give chance to respond with arrangements that satisfies my concerns.
micbob4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 08:27 PM   #17

Thanks, found link. Dealer was there with one review, excellent factory warranty service. I will go through stickys. Thanks so much!
Old 12-16-2017, 05:13 AM   #18

I purchased from Ansley RV in PA and they have bent over backwards when we purchased unit last Jan. Stay as long as you need, they gave me a Tech for 3 hrs every morning until all questions and small problems were fixed, we stayed 4days and 3 nights. Hold the dealer's feet to the fire. They owe that to you. Good luck
Old 12-16-2017, 03:16 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
I have bought 2 used units from my dealer and in each case he told me to stay in his campground ( his expense ) as long as I wanted and list any concerns I had and he would handle them. In each case I stayed several days and he fixed all concerns I had at his expense, and said he would handle any issues I had for 30 additional days for half price. I recently bought a new unit from him and expect to stay as long as needed to have any issues fixed. Depending on the Unit you buy I can see the time Newmar Offers as being about right just feel the cost is a bit pricey . As tech has increased on these rigs I think that if your not familiar with the coach you bought it may take several days just to figure out what and how things work.
Old 12-17-2017, 04:15 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
If there is ANY way you can make it happen, go with factory pick up. Well worth the money spent, they will spend 5 days with you showing you all the systems and how they work, also repairing any defects you (or they) find on the spot. Get the factory pick up, you will not regret it. $ 5000 spent is a great investment in your coach.

Bob
BBorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 06:35 AM   #21

We spent 10 days at the NIRVC dealership in Lewisville, Texas, (all for free) and worked off a number of bugs, then moved several hours away to a campground at Canyon Lake. Discovered more issues as we used the coach more. Then went back to NIRVC for several more days to get that stuff fixed. Two months later, on the road, other things cropped up that we need to get fixed as well. Nothing major, but the point is every new MH will have issues - we knew that going in... One overnight is not enough. Even with a great PDI team like NIRVC's, they show you pretty much everything you need to know over a several day period of time. Retention of that information is another matter. So much to absorb, and you only really learn mostly by getting out the books and going hands-on yourself.

If you do not pick up at the factory, find a local campground and stay as long as you can... At least 1 week, maybe 2. Things will surface when you live in it that are not readily visible or obvious on walk-throughs or a night or two at the dealership. Though Newmar is very accommodating, it will be infinitely more difficult to get things fixed in an area where there is no dealership.
LostDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:24 AM   #22

Thanks so much for all your feedback! It's been 3 days and no response from dealer. I can only assume he was not happy with my response in pointing out difference in their emails on what they will and will not provide. Also indicated that other dealers has offered similar. I warned him in the beginning I maybe a pain in butt due to this being a big expenditure and given it's new territory for me want to make sure things are right.