Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2017, 01:34 PM   #1

Shout-Out to Newmar Service

I just returned home from a couple of pleasant days spent at Camp Newmar for some warranty service on our new in April, Baystar. They had projected they might need as much as five days to get my list done, but ended up completing in only two days with signing off and heading home on the third day. I felt comfortable and welcome from the minute I got there. I was in business long enough myself to know that on average, folks are ten times as likely to take time to complain about something vs. saying “Job well done”. So I thought I’d be one of the 10% on this occasion.

I don’t want to forget anyone, but especially thanks to Doug, my tech who impressed me with his professional and competent attitude from the start. And he definitely backed that up by getting everything fixed in a very timely manner. Doug also showed me some important things about my rig that the dealer had not shown me. My appreciation to the nice young woman in the lobby who answered my questions (mostly about food, but also made a couple calls for me, etc. It was great to meet my Service Advisor, Steve who had already helped me out several times. Steve also gave me some really good advice of a few things to have Doug show me which could be quite helpful down the road. So yes, I am definitely impressed with Newmar service. If possible, I will take my rig there in the future for any issues that come up either while in warranty, or when it will be my dime.

I met some really fine/friendly folks in the lobby and the campground. I wish I would have gotten everyone’s names! But hopefully we’ll meet somewhere down the road. Safe travels all!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2017, 05:21 PM   #2

Although warranty service is a thing of the past for me. I too enjoyed my time there and felt the workmanship and service was first class.
Old 07-29-2017, 05:47 PM   #3

Thanks for being in the 10% category Miked1. I've had very positive results when calling Newmar, as well as on the two occasions when we were parked at Newmar (once for FPU, and once for some minor warranty items).

The pendulum, as they say, swings both ways. We all are realistic enough to realize that some folks have had a less than world class experience.

I am glad that you took the time to share your positive experience with us.

Travel safely.
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:08 AM   #4

Glad to hear that too Will be doing a FPU when I order my 3401 soon

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlegaleagle View Post
Glad to hear that too Will be doing a FPU when I order my 3401 soon
Hope your love your 3401 as much as we love ours. It's a perfect floor plan for us. I wish we would have done FPU.
Old 08-01-2017, 10:05 AM   #6

Me too. Waiting on a go ahead of the specials from Newmar. I plan on going to Indiana in September after right after Labor Day to actually sit in and drive the coach and to also pick out different colors that they offer std since they are way too dark for my purposes.

Even though there is a rather expensive additional charge for FPU, you get trained on the rig by a tech who knows it better than others and any issues get fixed right then and there before you take delivery. This seems to improves your odds of not having post purchase drama and spending additional precious time to have and issues repaired, even if they are covered by the warranty. Plus for me, it is not much extra time to just go to the factory to pick it up compared to the closest dealer to me.

This forum is an excellent source of issues to look for and in identifying potential issues that can be remedied while at the FPU. Thank you Newmar members your input and experience is priceless

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar, service