Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #1

Signal light beep

We have a 2002 Newmar Dutchstar Sparton chassis when I turn on the left signal light I get an annoying on off beep under the dash right signal does not do it all lights work fine is this normal?
djay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2015, 04:25 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
We have a 2002 Newmar Dutchstar Sparton chassis when I turn on the left signal light I get an annoying on off beep under the dash right signal does not do it all lights work fine is this normal?
On my previous 05 KSDP the signal alert would come on a random times when using the turn signals on both sides. I usually came on at the worst time and caught me off guard with the extra noise. I never did fix it but it could be replaced with a working unit or unplugged completely.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:56 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
The turn signal beeper should ork with both left and right signals. Maybe the right side turn signal wire is off/disconnected from it?

EDIT: Read here http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/turn...ing-91920.html
Old 12-15-2015, 06:03 PM   #4

Not familiar with your rig but usually, manufacturers rely on the sound from the turn-signal relay itself to create a "clicking" sound. Doesnt sound like an OEM design to me, perhaps a previous owner hooked up an "after market" wiring solution to the OEM warning beeper to remind him he left his left-turn signal on [smile]??????
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:05 PM   #5

Thanks Im afraid to unplug it as I think it is the same alarm for high heat low oil pressure ect. DW is getting tired of getting woke up when I turn left
Old 12-15-2015, 06:10 PM   #6

IF its an after maket modification, you should be able to see at or near the beeper where the previous owner sliced in an additional wire--disconnect that wire only.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:24 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
My 2005 KSDP has this alert also. Comes on after a few blinks in either direction to remind you to turn it off. That happens when changing lanes. If coming to a corner, slowing and using brakes it does not alert. Pretty sure this is a factory install and not aftermarket.

Cheers
CoachC
Old 12-16-2015, 05:19 AM   #8

If you can locate it, put a piece of good old duct tape over the opening for the speaker and it should mute it enough to make it bearable.
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:58 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Hi djay,
CoachC's post is how mine works. It was installed this way from the factory.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:02 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
My turn signal sound (alarm) drives the DW, dogs and me crazy. I read somewhere that the volume of the sound was adjustable with a knob or screw on flasher control. I sure would like to turn it down before I head to Florida just after Christmas. I just haven't had the time yet to crawl under the dash and scope it out. If not adjustable I'll go the tape route.
CaptSteveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 12:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSteveW View Post
My turn signal sound (alarm) drives the DW, dogs and me crazy. I read somewhere that the volume of the sound was adjustable with a knob or screw on flasher control. I sure would like to turn it down before I head to Florida just after Christmas. I just haven't had the time yet to crawl under the dash and scope it out. If not adjustable I'll go the tape route.
If your KS is, anything like my 2005 was no need to crawl under dash, just remove the instrument cluster something like 6 screws and lay it on the steer column then you have pretty good access. Mine had one beeper that had cover on top that could be turned to decrease noise and if that does not work duct tape like in another post. I don't remember which function this was for probably jack alarm. I don't think it is the same unit that sounds for other functions, it was totally different sound.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:13 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
My coach beeps on both left and right turns.
When the brakes are applied (at a traffic light)
they do not beep. It only beeps when the signal light
is on and no brake.
Personally I like the reminder as it is very annoying
having a driver in front of me with his signal on block after block.
You never know when he will make a turn, if at all.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 02:55 PM   #13

Alright I like the tape idea Im heading under the dash with a roll of tape if you dont here from me in 2or 3 days Im probably stuck there
Old 12-16-2015, 03:30 PM   #14

We'll send out a search party
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light