Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2018, 10:07 AM   #15
mre

Here are two pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0689.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	270.5 KB
ID:	208901   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0695.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	280.8 KB
ID:	208902  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2018, 10:18 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mre View Post
Here are two pictures.

Wow!
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:10 PM   #17
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
Looks to me like your dehumidifier/condensation unit is out. It is the unit in your generator area. It discharges the condensation that naturally occurs when air is cooled below dew point down a clear plastic tube at the bottom of the unit.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 12:31 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Here are two pictures.
I had some condensation on the vent themselves but nothing like the pictures show. We were coming through some on and off rain when it happened. This was the first time to see condensation. The AC unit was set on recirculation, max cooling and fan speed on 2. It had been set that way for several hours. Once we cleared the rain it went away. We traveled Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas for a month and never saw any condensation on the vents with he AC set on recirculation and max cooling.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:29 PM   #19
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH View Post
Looks to me like your dehumidifier/condensation unit is out. It is the unit in your generator area. It discharges the condensation that naturally occurs when air is cooled below dew point down a clear plastic tube at the bottom of the unit.
I don't quite understand what you mean. I would have thought the condensation collected in the cooling process would drip to the bottom of a pan and then gravity feed to an outlet which in this case is the clear tube.
Old 06-29-2018, 02:40 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Evans info link in my post will explain the Evans AC unit and what maybe going on now that we have someone that knows about AC's.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 02:48 PM   #21
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";4265299]The Evans info link [B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/significant-condensation-buildup-around-dash-vents-398562.html#post4264534
in my post[/URL][/B] will explain the Evans AC unit and what maybe going on now that we have someone that knows about AC's.
Many thanks!
Old 06-30-2018, 05:01 AM   #22

Quote:
I don't quite understand what you mean. I would have thought the condensation collected in the cooling process would drip to the bottom of a pan and then gravity feed to an outlet which in this case is the clear tube.
The New Aire has two trays on top of the dash giving you access to the wiring behind the dash gauges behind the steering wheel and the wiring behind the Xite screen. That’s good and bad. The good - being able to get to the plug to unplug your Xite screen that stays on all the time. The bad - you get to see the mess and wonder “what were they thinking”. This also gives you a view of the duct work to the air outlets. That’s bad because you see all of the condensation build up covering the ducts and realize that it has to go somewhere (down ) through, over, and amongst all of your valuable electronic gadgets, plus many of the connectors for who knows what, and ending up on your wood sub floor. If you do not have these two easily removable trays (for lack of a better word) held on with Velcro you still have the probem you just don’t know it and therefore sleep better at night.
R. D. Vanderslice
2018 New Aire 3341
rdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:14 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck53 View Post
Why is this only a high end coach problem?

Do not all the coaches have a lot of wiring etc in the front end?

Pictures would be great I’m sure someone will help,with pictures. I have not posted pictures.
Canuck, the reason the term “higher end coaches” was used is because I’m sure there are a few people reading this that are saying to themselves. Well “I have a ........fill in the blank...... ( an expensive coach) and they would never do that in my coach” Yeah they will, you just haven’t looked. Now if the Kings, Londons, Essex’s have insulated duct work, please let us know. I’m guessing that all of the duct work in motor homes and even nice cars is not insulated and that it normally works fine, providing the cooling adequately. I have no idea what happens to the condensation on the ducts though. My Silver Leaf and my Xite boxes were sitting on my duct work and I had to put a barrier of tin foil (I was on the road and that’s all I had) to keep them out of the water. We shouldn’t have to do that in $400K motorhomes or any motorhome for that matter. Happy trails.
R. D. Vanderslice
2018 New Aire 3341
rdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:22 AM   #24

I’m planning on a Dutchstar so I was looking to see if I need to keep an eye out. The answer is yes.
Canuck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 05:42 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
In those pictures it looks to me like there is a leak in the hose leading to those vents, allowing cold air to blow on the underside of the dash, causing the condensation.
Old 06-30-2018, 07:20 AM   #26

Exactly what Podivin stated. And one vent is closed in the photo which slows the airflow and reduces the outlet air temp, increasing condensation.

Repair the air leaks, open all the vents.

The dehumidifier in any a.c. is the very same coil that cools the air. If it's cold, it's dehumidified too. The issue is the cold air chilling the dash surface via leakage, and hot humid air from the coach condensing on that cold dash.
Old 06-30-2018, 09:45 AM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Thanks for the observations of the last two posters for picking up the vent leaks and info on the workings of the Evans unit.
My eye site even with a mag-glass didn't pick up what they mentioned.
While we are at it this link could be of interest if you are getting warm air out of your vents, just the reverse of this problem.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:21 AM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
mre, what ever you decide to do after reading all this stuff I would contact a authorized EVAN's Dealer to help get your problems corrected.
Hoses should be tight to vent outlets and you may have a leaking vent hose coming from blower within the dash space area.

Would still wonder what that black dash covering maybe contributing to heat under your dash board area, black likes the suns heat.

Tags
air, dash, vent