Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2017, 08:52 PM   #1

Silverleaf settings help (Essex)

Silverleaf Experts please help

I have a Silverleaf system in my new to me 2015 Essex and I have few questions.

1. I notice there is a WiFi system in my coach called Newmar7540 but I cannot connect to it because I do not have the password. Can I create a new PW in the Features menu on the Silverleaf display? Is this what is used to access with the Sony Tablet with RVAIR? Also is it also suppose to be routed through my WiFi Ranger?

2. When activating ALL night shades down in the dinette, living room and cockpit; the front windshield hesitates and stalls. When a do them individually the front windshield works fine. Is this a voltage problem?

3. My driver side night shade only goes half way up and needs to be reprogrammed. Where can I get a programmer or is the a dealer service?

4. When I toggle off the house batteries I notice that the front Silverleaf panel stays on, is this normal? Is it on the chassis batteries?

Final question when I toggle off the house batteries Red LED off does that total disconnect the house batteries from all loads including inverter?

Thanks

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2017, 09:28 PM   #2

See my responses in red:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coral View Post
Silverleaf Experts please help

I have a Silverleaf system in my new to me 2015 Essex and I have few questions.

1. I notice there is a WiFi system in my coach called Newmar7540 but I cannot connect to it because I do not have the password. Can I create a new PW in the Features menu on the Silverleaf display? Is this what is used to access with the Sony Tablet with RVAIR? Also is it also suppose to be routed through my WiFi Ranger?

My coach is not near me, so I can't walk you thru it step by step but
here are the instructions for using the WIFI system in your Essex:

WiFIRanger7540 password is: EXDP###### This for internal use, to connect your sliverleaf to your Sony Tablet

###### is your Newmar coach number: Essex begins with 80: 80####

When you get logged on, you can go back to your silverleaf and connect it to your silverleaf.

To use the WiFI Ranger to connect to more distant WiFi's than you laptop or tablet can reach:

• Connect to WiFi Ranger_Go2.#### (use the # of yours)
• Password is : changemenow####
• Open your browser (I use Safari)
• In the address line type:
o www.mywirefiranger.com or 10.181.31.1
• Click on Main tab
• Choose Go2 NOT sky
• Click on the wifi you wish to connect to

If you send me an email to joe98125@gmail.com, I will send you the WiFi ranger user manual.

2. When activating ALL night shades down in the dinette, living room and cockpit; the front windshield hesitates and stalls. When a do them individually the front windshield works fine. Is this a voltage problem?

Check with Newmar

3. My driver side night shade only goes half way up and needs to be reprogrammed. Where can I get a programmer or is the a dealer service?

dealer service

4. When I toggle off the house batteries I notice that the front Silverleaf panel stays on, is this normal?

Yes

Is it on the chassis batteries?

I think SilverLeaf is on the house batteries. Just not disconnected when you toggle off the house batteries.

Final question when I toggle off the house batteries Red LED off does that total disconnect the house batteries from all loads including inverter?

Not sure if it cuts out the inverter, but it does not disconnect charger part of the inverter. See if the refer is still on when you use the disconnect switch. That will tell you. (assuming not plugged in to shore power.)

Did you know there is a special customer service group for high line owners to call? They are very helpful answering these specific questions and solving problems you may (will!) encounter along the way. They even answer after hours calls! 1-866 540-9591

Thanks
RUFINIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFINIT View Post
See my responses in red:
Joe, thanks for the info! Hope to see on the road somewhere.

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote