RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2007, 09:01 AM   #15

Will the Sirius antennae receive the satellite signal
thru the fibreglass???? Or does it have to be 'ON' the roof??
Rick

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-27-2008, 12:07 PM   #16

Jorneyland or dhole,

Did you ever figure out the problem with Sirius with you Jensen VR185 radio? thanks, Dave

Old 10-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #17

We are curious about this problem/fix also. Back when we were still under warranty, the radio would not just drop off of Sirius, but turn off periodically. Meaning it was off totally, had to reset the time and punch the SAT button when turning on. We had kept a log for 2 months, but then it quit doing it and worked flawlessly right thru the next trip to the factory.

Now it will occasionally do this, but not predictably or even often any longer. Just every now & then. Sirius is the only thing we ever have on the radio, except for a Spanish CD. Everything else seems to work fine on it.

Just saw this thread, so was wondering if someone had a fix.
DonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:08 AM   #18

Donna, Do you know the model # of your Sirius interface unit to the Jensen VR 185? Sirius is telling me they do not make a interface for the Jensen radio. thanks, Dave
Old 10-31-2008, 01:59 PM   #19

Dav,

I'm looking at the Jensen documentation that says DLP2500 Sirius Connect. I don't know what it looks like as it is in the bowels of the dash area.
DonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #20

Donna, Thx have seen the DLP2500 Jensen Sirius Connect. But it says it is designed for "Jensen Marine Radios" which are different part #s than the VR185 that Newmar uses. Both Sirius, Jensen and their authorized "connect" distriubutors say there is nothing available(yet) for the VR185 and Jensen has discontiued it-which might explain some of the problems others have had!
Old 11-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #21

I had a very similar problem in my Dodge Magnum, it would be playing fine then it would update the channels. While it was updating it would switch to the FM radio by itself, which would stop the update. I would turn back to Sirius and it would go through the same thing again.
I finally tuned to channel 184 and it updated fine. After updating it worked as normal.

I have no idea if this has anything to do with what yours is doing, but it's an idea.

CSX4350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:58 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
When we were at the factory a year ago august, Newmar replaced the sirius receiver (DLP2500) and we have not had significant problems since then. It is under the dash somewhere, and each receiver has a unique Sirius number. Newmar gave us a set of instructions with the new number written on it. Hope this helps......

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee toad
dhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #23

Hello Dhole,
wherrre did you get your infrared remote from? What make or brand is it? Does it work well?

Peter K

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dhole:
I am having the exact same problem with Sirius signal drop out and the radio reverting to Aux or Weather band. I was able to see my roof last weekend and it appears the satellite antenna is roof mounted just in front of the rubber whip antenna on the passenger side. I tend to suspect the connections or the quality of the receiver because we were parked stationary on Sunday morning and had Sirius on for a couple of hours with no problem. I am not confident that my dealer would know where to begin so I will probably just check the connections behind the radio (while I have it out to install the infrared steering wheel remote I just got) and leave it at that. I have an appointment at the factory in late August, so we will see how it's doing then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2007 Newmar Ventana 3933
KarenEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #24

In order to get Sirius, you need to have purchased and installed the optional DLP2500RTL Sirius receiver and the SRA25B antenna. If you have these items, follow the steps on pg 15 of your VR185 owners' manual to display the ESN# of your receiver and call the 800# for Sirius to activate. If you do not have this equipment, you would need to contact your dealer to purchase and have installed.

(From pg 15 of VR185 owner's manual) -
33. Sirius Mode Selection
While in Sirius satellite radio mode, press SAT to select from three available modes: Normal, Direct Tune and Set Skip Channel.
Display the 12-digit Sirius ID number by pressing ENTER immediately after entering Direct Tune mode (while "000" appears in the display). Press T/F (33) to scroll through the display. To resume normal operation after accessing the Sirius ID, press any button except T/F.
If you do not receive and can listen to the Weather channel (ch. 184), then you do not have any communications from the Sirius receiver to the VR185. If you have not done so, verify you have this optional equipment installed
Denys1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:35 PM   #25
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum & irv2 Denys1.
Thanks for your first post with the Sirius information.
The old thread may not get an answer when you find this situation its better to give your information in a new thread which you will find on every forum first page in upper left hand corner.
Its especially helpful when you have a question you want answered instead of adding it to rear of an old thread it may sometimes get lost.
Thanks again and do post often and you will gain some campfires.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote