RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2018, 06:57 PM   #1

Slide: 1 inch gap when slide is in

Sorry if this is redundant. I've been searching for a while and can find lots of threads on slides, some on alignment, but haven't yet found one that directly addresses this .. although I KNOW I've read posts before when just browsing

When I retract the full wall slide on driver's side (2018 DS 4018) there is a gap at various points around the perimeter where it should be sealed. the gap is kind of uneven; can be 1/4" at front top, to 1" at front bottom .. will run wider on the bottom as I run my finger from front to back, then maybe kind of narrow at rear bottom, and wide again at rear top.

Have extended and retracted once since first spotting this in the am as we left one camp to travel to another. Can't swear to it, but it might be slightly worse now after the re-use.

Waiting to hear back from Newmar in the morning to see if they can walk me through trouble-shooting on the phone or if I have to re-route and stop by a service center along the way.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and what it might be? Service mgr on the phone said it is likely a "gear adjustment" that is fixable, but a bit complicated ...hence the call into Newmar.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2018, 07:11 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
It depends on your brand of slide mechanism. Some can be synchronized by opening 1/2 way and closing them a few times and hold the switch until they synchronize. I've had to do that with our Schwintech system. I did it and it was successful. Others may require a technician to make some adjustment.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark71 View Post
Sorry if this is redundant. I've been searching for a while and can find lots of threads on slides, some on alignment, but haven't yet found one that directly addresses this .. although I KNOW I've read posts before when just browsing

When I retract the full wall slide on driver's side (2018 DS 4018) there is a gap at various points around the perimeter where it should be sealed. the gap is kind of uneven; can be 1/4" at front top, to 1" at front bottom .. will run wider on the bottom as I run my finger from front to back, then maybe kind of narrow at rear bottom, and wide again at rear top.

Have extended and retracted once since first spotting this in the am as we left one camp to travel to another. Can't swear to it, but it might be slightly worse now after the re-use.

Waiting to hear back from Newmar in the morning to see if they can walk me through trouble-shooting on the phone or if I have to re-route and stop by a service center along the way.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and what it might be? Service mgr on the phone said it is likely a "gear adjustment" that is fixable, but a bit complicated ...hence the call into Newmar.
The drivers side wall slide is programmable. The controller is mounted to the top of the basement ceiling about mid way of the slide. Call Newmar @ 1 800-731-8300 and they will walk you through the procedure to reset the slide parameters. I just completed this same work about a month ago to correct this very problem.
kjsportster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:01 PM   #4

Thanks. I'll be talking with them in the morning and will re post with outcome
Mark71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide