Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-07-2016, 06:46 PM   #1

Slide Adjustment

Our couch/dinette slide isn't closing evenly and hasn't been. The rear end is pulling in farther than the front. I'm guessing maybe 1/2 inch difference in the bottom from front to back. The top looks like it's okay. There is even a bit of daylight at the bottom front INSIDE the coach (behind the driver's seat). It's the slide that raises to come in and lowers when it's extended.

The only place we can find that looks like it's an adjustment is toward the back of the slide:

Is that what that is and if we move the nuts toward the coach would that even it out?

Is there any other adjustment that would need to be made and are we likely to mess anything up if we adjust it? If so, maybe we'll just leave it!
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2016, 08:45 PM   #2

From your description it sounds like you need to loosen the 1 1/2 torque nut on the shaft drive then push the slide in so it lines up straight and then tighten the torque nut down. If the torque nut comes a little loose then it can cause the slide to get out of alignment.
tom chelbana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 07:01 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Maybe this will help you, read through it.....

Attached Files
File Type: pdf full_Standard_slide_room_information.pdf (859.7 KB, 476 views)
Old 05-08-2016, 07:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
From your description it sounds like you need to loosen the 1 1/2 torque nut on the shaft drive then push the slide in so it lines up straight and then tighten the torque nut down. If the torque nut comes a little loose then it can cause the slide to get out of alignment.

Is that the "shaft drive"?

Where is the "torque nut"? The ones on that giant screw thingy don't look to be 1 1/2".

"Push" the slide in? Like with human arms and not the motor?

This doesn't sound as easy as the sewage hook up issue that we had.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Maybe this will help you, read through it.....

Thanks!

I skimmed through it and it looks like there is plenty of room to screw up!

Maybe we'll just live with it as is until we can have it adjusted by someone that knows what they're doing.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:50 AM   #6

Karen, please don't mess with anything you have photographed. Those are safety stop nuts.

You most likely need to reset the soft limits. Which, while not overly complicated, can be slightly intimidating the first time.

Give me a bit more time to find the PDFs on the easiest way to do it.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:00 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
Karen, please don't mess with anything you have photographed. Those are safety stop nuts.

You most likely need to reset the soft limits. Which, while not overly complicated, can be slightly intimidating the first time.

Give me a bit more time to find the PDFs on the easiest way to do it.
Hi John, Read your pdf file, my post was deleted! Thank you ! Learned today of the newer technology!
Old 05-08-2016, 09:01 AM   #8

Here is the easiest set of reprogramming instructions:

Programming DSC100.pdf

You should still have my phone number, feel free to call me and I can talk the two of you through the steps.
Old 05-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDR John View Post
Here is the easiest set of reprogramming instructions:

Attachment 126453

You should still have my phone number, feel free to call me and I can talk the two of you through the steps.
Thanks for the file! I'll get it printed and hand it off to Gary.

I'm not sure when he'll get to it but hopefully in the next week or so.
Old 05-08-2016, 04:57 PM   #10
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenS144 View Post
Our couch/dinette slide isn't closing evenly and hasn't been. The rear end is pulling in farther than the front. I'm guessing maybe 1/2 inch difference in the bottom from front to back. The top looks like it's okay. There is even a bit of daylight at the bottom front INSIDE the coach (behind the driver's seat). It's the slide that raises to come in and lowers when it's extended.

The only place we can find that looks like it's an adjustment is toward the back of the slide:

Is that what that is and if we move the nuts toward the coach would that even it out?

Is there any other adjustment that would need to be made and are we likely to mess anything up if we adjust it? If so, maybe we'll just leave it!

I don't know how but the techs at newmar adjusted mine with a similar issue in about 10 minutes in the dark in the parking lot one morning at 6am.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:09 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Hi KarenS144,
It is either the controller adjustment or the trans torque bushing adjustment. If you do the controller adjustment and need to go more than 3/4 of a turn stop. Put the adjustment back to where is was when you started. Try the trans torque bushing adjustment. The bushing can be found near the motor. You will need a 1 1/2" crows foot, wrench to fit the crows foot and a 3' cheater bar that goes over the wrench. The most important thing to remember is to loosen only. Do not disassemble. Remember the flats you moved to loosen the bushing. Tighten the same number of flats. This is best done with the slide out. With the bushing loose, move the offending end of the slide in the direction needed. Retighten the bushing. Try the slide. You may need to do this more than once.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 05:12 PM   #12
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi KarenS144,
It is either the controller adjustment or the trans torque bushing adjustment. If you do the controller adjustment and need to go more than 3/4 of a turn stop. Put the adjustment back to where is was when you started. Try the trans torque bushing adjustment. The bushing can be found near the motor. You will need a 1 1/2" crows foot, wrench to fit the crows foot and a 3' cheater bar that goes over the wrench. The most important thing to remember is to loosen only. Do not disassemble. Remember the flats you moved to loosen the bushing. Tighten the same number of flats. This is best done with the slide out. With the bushing loose, move the offending end of the slide in the direction needed. Retighten the bushing. Try the slide. You may need to do this more than once.

That sounds exactly like what they did for me in the lot at Camp Newmar a couple of months ago when I realized I had forgotten to mention the alignment issue for my yearly service they had just performed. It didn't take very long at all and they ran the slide in and out a couple of times, making adjustments when they slide was open.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide