Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2012, 01:03 AM   #1

Slide Controller Issue, but maybe slide motor issue also

So Motorhome is a 2009 Ventana a slide button stopped working but believe it is the controller unit that failed, as swapped the motor from the booth slide to the bedroom slide controller and was able to bring in the slide. Tried bringing the slide the other way and worked for a bit then failed stop but was still able to bring in the slide to close it up though.

Now I hooked back up the Bedroom slide and now it works to go one way but not the other way, so my guess is the motor from the booth slide screwed up the Bedroom controller now also.

Anyone see controller fails because of a faulty motor but only fail going in or fail going out.

Controller on Booth slide works neither direction.

So I rambled on.
Corwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum & irv2.
Your controller may need an adjustment of the small pot on it to increase the current flow to motor.
The controller relay will reverse currant to motor for reverse direction.
Here is a spec on Newmar slides.

Within QT'S there is more information on your slides for controllers and operations.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:05 AM   #3

Was first thing I tried to do was increase the pot but didn't work

Oops was supposed to read, sorry I rambled on in my first post. Way to tired when I posted it last night.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
So where do you stand with your problem???
Are we putting everything back to original layout than starting over you must have one slide working before we started.
Start pulling things apart is not solution.
Are your batteries good and you have a good 12v off converter?
Slide motors and controls need a good 12v's.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #5

Hooked all back to orgianlly and batteries show good voltage and have tried while running Generator also, still booth slide will not go out or in. Motor does not even budge or make a noise.

At least got it in by using controller from the Bedroom slide but ended up screwing up one side of that controller circuits.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you disconnect leads to motor than momentarily apply 12v to the leads of the motor would move slide in or out.
Once you know what direction its going reverse the leads pos & neg, motor should move in opposite direction, will prove if its the motor or gears binding.
If you release the torque nut you will free up drive shaft and can turn shaft with wrench to move bench slide or long living room slide into coach.
It should prove the motor is defective, motor may heat up if can not move other direction or if you are monitoring motor leads may also see a different voltage lower than the 12v's.
Check this thread.
Old 07-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #7

Question Slide issue

My problem is that when I try to operate my slide the clamps release and then engage again, no slide out. I disconnected the slide motor to check voltage and it was fine. I reconnected the motor and the the slide clamps released and the slide went out fine. When I tried to slide back in . . . clamps release and re-engage. Disconnecting the motor and reconnecting and the slide worked (once!). Again, disconnecting the motor and reconnecting and the slide worked. Now the slide only seems to work only if I disconnect power from the motor and reconnect again but it only slides one direction each time I do this.
srm.rv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to irv2 and the forum.
At the end of this Newmar slide spec is information on slide paddle lock adjustment pot on control.
Some problems with the locks is rain water getting in lock devise and its required to clean the internals of switch lock to get working again.
If you read the high lighted links of other posts more information.

Slide lock wiring
Old 07-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #9

The two slides in the living room in our DSDP will not move either direction if either Fluorescent light is on in the bath or bath hall. Trying turning all fluorescent lights off to see if slide motors will work.

One of the fluorescent lights in the galley used to create the same problem until it was replaced. I just haven't replaced the two in the bath and bath hall.

Al
traderAl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide