Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-20-2017, 06:01 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Slide out creep

Hi All,
Just purchased Dutch Star 2017. Have had it for 3 months. Love the ride. Have an new issue wth full wall slide out. It has started to creep out when parked about 3 inches. Haven't contacted Newmar yet. Thought I would get a great reply from you all.
Thanks for the help.
Greenman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2017, 05:08 AM   #2

When parked It moves out? suggest you be sure you are level run the FWS out and in to make sure it is seated correctly, if you bought it new I would head back to dealer as you are covered on everything for 1 yr, welcome and good luck
Old 11-21-2017, 08:18 AM   #3

Since the FWS is hydraulic, I would check the reservoir for proper level of fluid, run the slide through a cycle and call Newmar for assistance. In addition, when you bring the slide in, I believe they say to let it run a few seconds after travel has stopped. Another thing to check is to make sure all the solenoid valves are closed up on the HWH pump manifold.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:43 AM   #4

When you run a retraction hold the button until the pump stops. If you are already doing that call Newmar or HWH.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:50 AM   #5

We had the same problem, the FWS would extend out driving down the road or at the camprground; it really didn't matter. The problem was a leaking retractor valve. Newmar replaced and no problems since.

Allen
wam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 08:50 AM   #6

Greenman
We have a 2017 4369 Dutch Star. Have the very same problem. Been thru all suspected solutions. None worked.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:28 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wam16 View Post
We had the same problem, the FWS would extend out driving down the road or at the camprground; it really didn't matter. The problem was a leaking retractor valve. Newmar replaced and no problems since.

Allen
This has usually been the problem with the HWH slide system for creeping.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:03 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
I had the same creep, Newmar sent me a new valve, changed it, no more problem. They won't admit it but I think there was a bad run of valves from Hwh. Good luck!
Eric
Ilovenh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:41 AM   #9

Ours did that on our last stop while on the way home last trip. I called Newmar and the tech said to lift the valve levers (located in the second bin curbside on ours) and snap them back in position. No more problems. Could be just a small piece of dirt in the hyd system causing the valve not to seat to lock the slide (hydraulically) closed. Have not had a problem since.
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 05:46 AM   #10
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had problems with the full wall slide drifting. The first time was after the dealer fixed a hydraulic leak and I believe they allowed air to get into the system. Called Newmar and they had me operate the plastic levers on the sync cylinder in the basement. That fixed the problem.

We had trouble again later and we went to Nappanee. They said the HWH sync cylinder was bad and changed it. No drifting at all since they did that.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:26 PM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Slide creep

Thanks to all replies. Today I found the fluid level low. Will fill and See if that works. Then I will flip those valves as directed and See if that works. I will be at the Tampa Newmar rally in Jan at the rv show, so if it still doing it I can have them look at it.
Safe travels, Happy Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-22-2017, 04:45 PM   #12

Had the slide extend while moving. Replaced ram and solinoid (twice) without any improvement. Wedged a 4X4 between slide and wall to keep it in. Eventually sold the rv disclosing the problem. Good luck......
netjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 08:52 PM   #13

We had the same issue on our 2017 mountain aire. It was a bad (leaking) valve, it was an easy fix at nirvc.
Old 11-25-2017, 12:08 PM   #14

Freightliner Owners Club
Slide creep

First let me thank all for your great advice. This is what worked so far for us. I flipped the valves at the pump and under the coach a few times. Also topped for the fluid which was 2 At a low. Glad to be now in this group of Newmar owners!
Safe travels

Tags
slide, slide out