Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2018, 09:46 PM   #29

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes754 View Post
Colorado, Oklahoma, Wyoming, SD winds sometimes 40 gusting to 60. Direct crosswinds my DS which has Active Air added tracks great at 2.5 CD. Only real way I know it is blowing when the wind is from the drivers side and the Girard full wall slide awning cover pops up over the single retaining bracket and starts banging. Not a great design when you look at it for that long span. Only magnets at each end actually hold it closed.

Once over the bracket you need to run the slide out and back in to reseat it.

So I got two more brackets and am fabricating a longer vertical that will wrap around the curved part of the slide cover. Will do the extension on the existing bracket and add on bracket towards the front and one towards the back.
Hey Gary, thinking seriously about adding the active air to our coach. What are your thoughts? Is it worth the extra money? Would you do it again? Glad to see you are out enjoying the coach. We picked ours up June 18 and didn't get home till the 2nd week of Nov.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2018, 07:41 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I agree totally with the good reviews about comfort drive. We went from a intro gas coach (different brand) to the Ventana LE 3709 with comfort drive. Amazing difference in high winds. Perhaps other higher end gas /diesel’s would be similar, but I am sold on the comfort drive system from Newmar. Hope all have safe and happy travels in 2018.
blackhawkscp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:39 AM   #31

Tom, yes I would do it again. Seems to have made the drive much smoother (subjective), easier in heavy cross winds (I can see the difference between the bag pressure on each side, pretty dramatic) and don't have to use the jacks all of the time, especially in a single overnight spot. Finally wiith Active Air you can always be on the air bags when extending the slides.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #32

"I wish I did not have Comfort Drive", said no CD owner, ever.
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:51 PM   #33

The Comfort drive feature is a big motivator for us continuing our search for a preowned 4310 or 4326 over other coaches. Glad to hear some real world feedback
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:02 PM   #34
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
It was a MAJOR factor in our recently ordering a 2018 MADP! After our experience with CD...and, yes; the DW does drive the coach too...we would not even consider ordering a coach without it.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:35 PM   #35

A small trivia point. The driver-adjustable efforts control was created specifically at a customer's request and was needed because the wife wanted vastly different efforts than the the husband wanted. She liked it at 6 and he liked it at 1 but they both hated it anywhere else. It was such an obvious and reasonable request that we implemented it.

Any time you turn that knob you have one VERY vocal lady to thank for it being there.

The moral of the story is that just one person really can make a difference.
Old 01-30-2018, 06:38 PM   #36

So pleased to report amazing performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenSherwin View Post
A small trivia point. The driver-adjustable efforts control was created specifically at a customer's request and was needed because the wife wanted vastly different efforts than the the husband wanted. She liked it at 6 and he liked it at 1 but they both hated it anywhere else. It was such an obvious and reasonable request that we implemented it.

Any time you turn that knob you have one VERY vocal lady to thank for it being there.

The moral of the story is that just one person really can make a difference.

Love the fact you participate in community forums here. Thanks for being active and helping people out.

I haven’t done much research but Do you have a system to install/integrate on other coaches?
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:12 PM   #37

Couldn't agree more. We will never own a coach without comfort drive. I drove from Newmar in IN to MA, 15.5 hours and 900 miles by myself, a one day trip non stop, in mostly wind and high wind. I could have never done that without the help of comfort drive. It is an amazing system to reduce fatigue and increase stability in the wind.
snowhawk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:11 PM   #38

Newmar Owners Club
Drive our 17LA set at 3.5 never tried 2.5 what is the benefit of 2.5 on CD, may try it this weekend..
lakebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 12:33 PM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
Drive our 17LA set at 3.5 never tried 2.5 what is the benefit of 2.5 on CD, may try it this weekend..

I wouldn’t say benefit, as it is subjective. Ken had mentioned that the stability benefit doesn’t increase with an increasing numeric value and had suggested trying a lower number. The wheel gets harder to turn at a higher number taking more effort to move so it makes sense to me to try lower numbers. So far so good.
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:04 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakebuster View Post
Have you read the Comfort Drive Guide referenced in a sticky at the top of this forum? It explains this and many other topics.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:43 PM   #41
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ken, I may add this thread in your sticky many positive remarks for you and COMFORT CONTROL, maybe good thread for people new to the Newmar way of things.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote