RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #1

sofa and dinette set

I have pulled the sofa and dinette booth-style bench seats from my 2007 MADP and would like to find a way to sell them. What is a good way to do this?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2011, 12:24 PM   #2

ebay, Craigslist, etc. My wife wants a booth setup for our coach, shoot me some photos and how much you think you want for them.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:38 PM   #3

Did you have trouble removing the sofa through the door? Do the sofa arms come off?
JoeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:43 PM   #4

Joe,
I had to disassemble it. It is built by Villa International RV furniture, very will made. The sides do come off, 4 bolts from the inside. The back also comes off, about 6 screws from the inside. It doesn’t take long to take it apart. There are also about 8 screws securing it to the deck. It has the queen size air mattress in the main mechanism, and I was very impressed as to the quality of the construction.
I contacted Villa International in LA about some recliners. We want to put (2) recliners where the sofa was located. They have an excellent deal on some stressless recliners by Ekornes, and they can do an exact match of the ultra-leather and the cherry wood finish in the coach.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:14 PM   #5

Larry:

Thanks for the info. We have a 2011 DSDP and we want to take out the other sofa and replace with a Stressless recliner and a computer desk. I guess that sofa would probably be made in a similar fashion!!! Thanks!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 02:23 PM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
What is the length of the sofa. I might be interested in it. That is if it can be shipped and a picture of it.
darbyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:31 PM   #7

You know ... that is the question. I don't wish to highjack this thread, but we were told by our dealer to make sure that we kept the sofa. When we decide to sell that coach, his comment was that most people wanted the two sofas and not the chair and computer desk.

Any thoughts on this???? Or should I start a new thread on this topic?
Old 07-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Post an ad in the classified section here.

Ken
Old 07-23-2011, 05:28 PM   #9

Thats a good point Joe, hadn't thought of that. It would be easy to put it back in the coach.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbyjudy View Post
What is the length of the sofa. I might be interested in it. That is if it can be shipped and a picture of it.
The sofa is 72 inches long and the Brisa Bone ultra-leather. It has the fold out queen air mattress. But, as Joe is suggesting, it might make sense to keep it if I should sell the coach. I guess I will have to think about that.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #11

I am looking to take out the two ultra leather stuffed recliners (friend already wants to buy them) that are currently on my drivers side and replace them with a 72" jack knife sofa..... not sure how I make sure things are a pretty good match...
Old 07-24-2011, 08:00 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Has anyone dismantle a Lazboy sofa (75X35 inches). I wish to replace mine with a Harbor town Reclina-Way by same company and a computer desk ?
Thanks

Renden is offline   Reply With Quote