Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-05-2017, 10:53 AM   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Steven Groves
Sold on Newmar... but from where?

Hello everyone, still looking for my first RV but we're pretty well sold on Newmar as the manufacturer we think we want. The apparent quality, the reviews, the way they treat their staff, customers and whatnot have us REALLY hoping we can eventually get one of these beauties.

Please keep in mind as you reply that I am NOT looking for perfection here, (no one has good days every day) - just a reliable source for the things I know we'll need and a vendor who is both responsive and reliable - characteristics I believe flow from the ownership at the top to the guy in the service bay doing the work. Newmar shows VERY well in this area (which is why we're settled on the product) and I'm wanting to see how well the dealer network responds when someone is in for regular service or if there is an emergency.

An area needing more thought is where to buy one - new or used could work.

We're actively looking for used units, but open to placing an order about 6 months out from when we need it (about this time next year) if we've not found a used one. Regardless, a new or used unit will require work now and then, we want to get current feedback the dealer network for Newmar. Is this a fair question to ask here?

I compiled a shortlist of the dealer in proximity up to 500 miles away. Shown in alphabetical order, we'reopen to real-time input for y'all - anyone recognize any of them? Any comment, suggestion or recommendation?
  • Ansley & Lewis - Duncanville, PA
  • Avalon RV - Medina, OH
  • Beckley's Camping Center - Thurmont, MD
  • Buddy Gregg - Knoxville, TN
  • Dick Gore's RV World - Jacksonville, FL
  • Dylan's RV Center - Sewell, NJ
  • Independence RV - Winter Garden, FL
  • McGeorge Rolling Hills - Ashland, VA
  • Mount Comfort RV - Greenfield, IN
  • National Indoor RV - Lawrenceville, GA
  • RCD Sales - Hebron, OH
  • Tom Johnson Camping Center - Marion, NC
  • Tom Johnson Camping Center - Concord, NC

Lastly, social media makes businesses transparent. Good dealers will have typically good reviews, bad dealers... well...

Some will recognize the power of reviews (80% of consumers count on them any more) and others will not for any number of reasons. We've looked at the Yelp! reviews in detail and am in process of looking up the BBB, Glassdoor, Facebook & other social pages for all of them.

Have you or how have you been able to interact with them using what you use now? Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Snapchat, YouTube, etc. are all viable channels.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-05-2017, 10:55 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Add Midway (MI) & talk to Chad. Out of your list above, I would only talk to independence (Justin) and NIRVC.
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:22 AM   #3

If you're willing to go outside of 500 miles id say to add Steinbring Motorcoach and speak with Jon Steinbring.
Hmf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:27 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

I think that once you check out National Indoor RV you'll have your mind made up. They are a platinum dealer and take customer service to the highest possible level.
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Cruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:32 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Excellent experience with National Indoor RV, both Lawrenceville and in Lewisville.

I had a window problem in a bathroom and yes it is a Newmar coach. Spoke with Lawrenceville on the problem & sent photos, they ordered the window let me know when it was in. I planned a trip through Lawrenceville (we are 200 miles away) called them when I was 30 minutes out they said come around back when I arrive. I did, a ladder was waiting along with a repair technician. Less than 45 minutes later I'm on the road again with a new window.

Only our second coach, I can say the first was not a very good experience, after multiple visits over a an entire year problems were still not repaired properly.

Price is very important but it's not the most important part of being a happy camper.

Steve
StevL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:45 AM   #6

Another vote for Midway RV. Ryan Kramer is our salesman and did an excellent job for us. We stopped there last Wednesday and talked to the owner to let him know how happy we are with the service, parts and sales departments.
Keep in mind that most service departments will be more willing to work with customers who bought their coach from them. If you buy a thousand miles from home your local dealer will favor his customers.
AITG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 12:00 PM   #7

I'd say call Scott Hamilton at Independence RV. You won't be disappointed.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:06 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
+1 for Midway as well.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:28 PM   #9

Both Tom Johnson locations as well as McGeorge in Ashland VA are now owned by Camping World but still carry Newmar. We bought from Steinbring and Midway was our second choice of dealers.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:39 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Our last coach was purchased from Tom Johnsons, back when he and the family still owned and managed the business. Great experience. Took our coach in for service after Camping World bought them and later requested a bid for what would be our current coach. Both experiences were miserable.

Had a great experience with Midway in Grand Rapids MI.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:39 PM   #11

One more for Midway south end of Grand Rapids MI and ask for Kyle, he started in the back, 13 years of knowledge from the inside out, now up front making us happy with Newmar products
RichnSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 05:58 PM   #12

A vote for Ansley in Duncansville PA, had a great experience, and I believe/experience that the service dept goes above and beyond. We just left there after driving 7k miles this winter in our 2017 DSDP 4018, couldn't be happier, we were in and out in 1 day with minor warranty work. Good luck
67vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:32 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
If you are looking for a used unit. check with Professional Sales RV in Colleyville TX (DFW area). They used to be a Newmar dealer and now they only sell used and consignments. My experience with them was good.
2022 F350 DRW King Ranch 4 x 4
Scottybdivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 07:37 PM   #14

Highly recommend David Scott at Independence RV in Winter Garden, Florida!
Gamaliel Kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar