Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2017, 10:50 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
I see no need for an a/v receiver personally. For FM, the built in dash unit is far better for reception and audio choices and other inputs via bluetooth or USB connection. It adds a lot of clutter and probably should go away. It just seems to complicate matters.
I agree and I almost did not order it. Once I get my soundbar installed I will decide if I keep it there or move it my little shop. I have to check first to see if I have room for the soundbar right below the TV.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2017, 12:43 PM   #30

The system is sounding great since I re-ran the blue ray and satellite directly to the receiver and using one hdmi out to the TV's. I'm still trying to figure out the over the air and cable sound output however. I don't understand why they don't automatically run an optical cable from the TV to the receiver. It seems like that would solve a lot of audio issues. I am going to try an optical to HDMI converter to send the digital audio back to the receiver on one of the unused HDMI cables. The red/white input to the receiver sounds terrible, and it doesn't seem to include the sub woofer.
ghanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:50 PM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Try setting the receiver to TV and that may get your audio via the red/white analog. I can't remember.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:53 PM   #32

I feel your pain

Let me say that I think Newmar makes a great coach, but I will tell you their AV set up is rubbish. I have a 2017 LADP and when I did a FPU I almost cried when I saw what the AV cabinet looked like. My kids could have organized it better as everything was just thrown in and the door was shut.

Resigning myself to the fact that I was just not going to get what I needed from Newmar, I decided to have the cabinet and the AV system fixed properly when I got home. I am now in the process of having the AV system redone. I will see what components I can keep, but I have already upgraded the system by adding a HDMI matrix switch.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So far so good, and we fixed a lot of the standard audio cable issues by using only HDMI connection with an optical cable to the Bose system that comes with the LA. I will be tying it all together with a Harmony Elite Remote.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just have to set it up and configure the macros to operate the switch and all the equipment. Right now I can manually switch 3 DirectTV receivers, and Apple TV and a Blu-ray to any TV on the coach.

I upgraded the radio to a Pioneer 8201NEX and I can even switch video to the head unit. Just working through some HDMI syncing issues with that device as it seems more sensitive than any other piece of equipment I have.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130820...g&awug=9029719

The set up still has some splitters if you did the math already on all the equipment I have (Apple TV and Blu-ray share the same HDMI port), but it all seems to work.

I will report back on all the mods I made when I finish up the customizations. I hope Newmar rethinks their AV set up and realizes that consumers want decent equipment that is well organized, works as advertised, and is set up in an optimal fashion (e.g., not just using 2 channels for audio).

Good luck!

G
georgeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 01:19 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I too have and recommend the harmony elite which I will setup on my first trip. I'm A/V'd out I bought the universal remote with the coach. Bad decision #3 haha. Dealer does well in not laughing when a customer buys things like this in the order.
Old 06-18-2017, 04:18 PM   #34

I have a spare Harmony 880 remote that I hope to get working with the motorhome.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:05 AM   #35

Carolina Campers
How does the bedroom get its signal from the over the air signal. Doesn't that cable run through the audio cabinet?
djtommysr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:09 AM   #36

I have not explored mine very much yet, but I have seen several splitters in the front cabinet and one splitter is in the bedroom cabinet.

NealC should have this info.

I am curious if the cables that have been run are in conduits?
Old 06-19-2017, 07:08 AM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtommysr View Post
How does the bedroom get its signal from the over the air signal. Doesn't that cable run through the audio cabinet?
I do see coax in the cabinet but I'm not sure what it's for and which way it runs as it's not labeled. I'm 99% sure it's the digital antenna as I wanted to tap into it for FM tuner reception as well as my tuner sucks for FM reception. Trying another antenna from Amazon (already tried one, it's no good either). Going with a Terk this time. Anyways, I'm not sure where the conduit is for running that coax much less the satellite cable to the bedroom box as well. I haven't had a need to really look. It would be nice if Newmar took an extra bit of effort and put conduits in for us to fish wires around. I would love to get wires from the a/v box to the dinette area which is my office setup.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:56 AM   #38

Quote:
I do see coax in the cabinet but I'm not sure what it's for and which way it runs as it's not labeled. I'm 99% sure it's the digital antenna as I wanted to tap into it for FM tuner reception as well as my tuner sucks for FM reception. Trying another antenna from Amazon (already tried one, it's no good either). Going with a Terk this time. Anyways, I'm not sure where the conduit is for running that coax much less the satellite cable to the bedroom box as well. I haven't had a need to really look. It would be nice if Newmar took an extra bit of effort and put conduits in for us to fish wires around. I would love to get wires from the a/v box to the dinette area which is my office setup.
Thats the reason I had extra Cat 5 and HDMI cables run all over the coach when they built it. If you can do it at build time, obviously it is much easier. I also had a conduit to the roof added for future toys.

G
georgeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:09 PM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
NealC Do you have Sat? I only had one coming into my tech cabinet and it was for the Winegard in motion Satellite dish.
ssignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:22 PM   #40

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssignor View Post
NealC Do you have Sat? I only had one coming into my tech cabinet and it was for the Winegard in motion Satellite dish.
Yes, I have DISH with a wally box. I'm guessing that one coax in the cabinet is for that. I'm not sure how/where the digital antenna is coming in but I'm guessing those coax's may be running direct to each TV location and not through the cabinet?
Old 06-19-2017, 08:36 PM   #41

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Yes, I have DISH with a wally box. I'm guessing that one coax in the cabinet is for that. I'm not sure how/where the digital antenna is coming in but I'm guessing those coax's may be running direct to each TV location and not through the cabinet?
I can only assume it comes down the wall to that box behind the passenger seat where you push the button to switch between antennae and cable. From there I am not sure where it runs.
ssignor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:29 PM   #42

Just got home with our ventana le. I have not looked at changes/upgrades yet. However, I am experiencing DirecTV audio issue. When playing delayed or recorded programming, audio will stutter and be out of sync with the video. Audio can be resynced by momentary FF or RW and play.
Has anyone seen or solved this? The DirecTV receiver is an HR44 from my SB.
Thanks for the arrangement solutions for the entertainment cabinet. Although I don't know how I will fit my AM-21N in the cabinet.
bobsharon is offline   Reply With Quote