Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2017, 06:38 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsharon View Post
Just got home with our ventana le. I have not looked at changes/upgrades yet. However, I am experiencing DirecTV audio issue. When playing delayed or recorded programming, audio will stutter and be out of sync with the video. Audio can be resynced by momentary FF or RW and play.
Has anyone seen or solved this? The DirecTV receiver is an HR44 from my SB.
Thanks for the arrangement solutions for the entertainment cabinet. Although I don't know how I will fit my AM-21N in the cabinet.
I would do a hard reboot (power unplug/plug) on your HR44 first if you can.

reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2017, 07:13 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
I agree with this.

I have found that a reboot and/or signal refresh will solve 99.99% of problems.

RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:15 AM   #45

Question Audio stutter

Quote:
I have done that...a couple times to no effect.
Additional DirecTV / Winegard / Newmar integration challenges. My install included an HR44 and an HR24 in a "Whole Home" setup (SB also includes two clients). If I install the HR24 it will not see the SWM, reporting a 775. If I leave it connected, it will also kill the HR44. HR24 works back at the SB. I have another HR24 ordered but haven't tried it.
Oops just noticed out of date signature line. signature fixed.
bobsharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:22 AM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
I have done that...a couple times to no effect.
Additional DirecTV / Winegard / Newmar integration challenges. My install included an HR44 and an HR24 in a "Whole Home" setup (SB also includes two clients). If I install the HR24 it will not see the SWM, reporting a 775. If I leave it connected, it will also kill the HR44. HR24 works back at the SB. I have another HR24 ordered but haven't tried it.
Oops just noticed out of date signature line.
Let us know if you get it working. Your setup will just like ours for long trips in the motorhome minus the two clients. I have this setup in our coachhouse. I did get Newmar to run some additional cabling where I can use either both or only receiver and get reception on all TV's.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:36 AM   #47

Quote:
Let us know if you get it working. Your setup will just like ours for long trips in the motorhome minus the two clients. I have this setup in our coachhouse. I did get Newmar to run some additional cabling where I can use either both or only receiver and get reception on all TV's.
Color me envious for having foresight to call for this addition. If everything works using two receivers not a problem.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:19 PM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
While working on TV lift I found out I cannot use my Samsung soundbar. There is not enough space for it below the TV.
Old 07-01-2017, 10:15 AM   #49
Newmarian

I'm in the process and nearing completion of my A/V box overhaul. Details coming soon. One question for anyone that may know. Where/how is the sub-woofer cabled into the A/V box? I must have disconnected a wire as I ended up with a RCA cable that I believe was connected to the sub but I'm not finding a wire coming into the box that it would connect to.

I checked the wall mounted sub under the televator and see a RCA cable plugged in but I don't know where the other end is. They may have used an extension which came loose in my tinkering or during FPU but I could swear the sub did work so I'm sure it's something I did. I reached into the area where the cables are coming into the box as well as looked with a telescoping mirror and don't see anything :(

Looks like I'm without a sub-woofer for now, not that it was that great, but I hate knowing I have something not cabled up. I'm not about to tear apart anything hunting it down, it may have to wait for my warranty trip to Newmar next year. But if anyone is in their A/V box and knows of the sub-woofer cabling and can tell me what I should look for I'd appreciate it.

NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:20 PM   #50

Well back into uprades...
Have mounted winegard trav'ler control top left of tech box. Accessible and out of the way. Will move splitters to back panel later this week.
I need access to center TV inputs/outputs - need to split antenna signal to feed an AM-21N receiver. How do I remove TV or better the vent panel behind the TV.
Appreciate info😊
Old 07-01-2017, 10:33 PM   #51
Newmarian

I finished my redo today, well, it will be a work in progress figuring things out from here. It's complicated due to the various configs with an outside TV etc. So here is my story for what I did.

I got the marantz NR1608 which I like. Did it fit? No! It did fit in width but I did trim some of the right electrical outlet panel away to make a little more room. It's very thin plywood, be careful, I split it but it's okay. The depth was fine right up until I plugged in the power cord so short story is I had to trim away the bottom half of the mesh grill in the back of it. This actually became a great thing to do as now I can see and change anything on the back of the receiver without having to pull out or rotate the receiver by getting to it from the windshield side.

I installed two 80mm USB fans blowing air out, they are quiet. I wall mounted the HDMI splitters and everything else possible to keep from a stacking nightmare. I bought a much smaller 2 way HDMI splitter to later realize these are 3 ways so I kept them. I only need one with the HDMI cable reconfig.

A few pictures of before, during, after. The problem I have now is no audio on the external TV unless I tell the receiver to send audio to the TV output instead of HDMI. That's still a work in progress. I even tried an optical cable on the external TV to the Bose soundbar and nothing. I haven't figured out that soundbar yet, need to get the manual for it.

I have polk audio in ceiling speakers coming this week so I look forward to putting them in place of those small square things. My sub is out of the loop as I can't find the wire or I screwed something up and it separated and went back into the A/V cabinet cave. With the new polks coming I doubt I'll miss the sub but I would like to someday get it back in action if anyone finds the incoming cable and can tell me what they find.

Edit: The Terk FM antenna I tried sucks and was removed. The cable FM antenna on the marantz is fine and I duct taped it near the windshield horizontally stretched to the passenger side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	oldav.png
Views:	118
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	167214   Click image for larger version

Name:	preamp.png
Views:	145
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	167215  

Click image for larger version

Name:	done.png
Views:	134
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	167216  

Old 07-02-2017, 12:34 AM   #52

Carolina Campers
Neal did you happen to see where the park cable ends in the motorhome. I would like to plug my tailgater into the park cable input and use a splitter to go to my cable box then to the splitters for the tvs. I think they must go directly to the tvs because you just have to switch the tvs to cable and it works.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:22 AM   #53
Newmarian

I think it comes in and goes to a splitter I recall seeing on the opposite side of the power bay, one aft of the slide out bay on the passenger side IIRC. I do believe they go direct to the TV's but I have yet to use that or verify.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:28 AM   #54

Quote:
Well back into uprades...
Have mounted winegard trav'ler control top left of tech box. Accessible and out of the way. Will move splitters to back panel later this week.
I need access to center TV inputs/outputs - need to split antenna signal to feed an AM-21N receiver. How do I remove TV or better the vent panel behind the TV.
Appreciate info😊
You remove those rear vent panels by running a sharp knife around the edge. They are glued on with silicone. I never put mine back. You can then reach the screws that attach the TV to the metal frame, if you have skinny hands
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 05:45 PM   #55
Newmarian

Something is telling me they "may" have used the yellow of a red/white/yellow RCA for the sub-woofer. If anyone can look at the back of their Sony and let me know what cable the sub out is going to I'd appreciate it. I could swear I had one RCA that was plugged into COAX and went nowhere, however, I had DirecTV originally and switched to DISH and it's amazing how many more cables and things there are for DirecTV with the SWM, whatever it is.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:53 AM   #56

Neal, yes it is the yellow lead that feeds the sub. Also if I recall they had my Bluetooth audio out going to the coax connector.