Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #1

Some of the Mountain Master GT Spartan chassis have an issue with the cooolant tank sensor becoming cracked from tension put on it by having the harness from the sensor to the ECM too tight against the frame rail under the rear right side of the engine. It will cause a short and the this will give you a "STOP ENGINE" light on your Driver Information Center. You should stop your coach and turn off the engine as soon as you can or you will start to lose power and your engine will get shutdown.
What happens is the ECM does not get a reading from the coolant sensor thus thinking there is no coolant available which in turn means the engine could over heat. Isn't electronic technology a wonderful thing........LOL !
I had this happen to me in my coach. I was also told, by Spartan, that better than the majority of time that you get a "STOP ENGINE" light on your Driver Information Center it is related to coolant issues.

Bob
Raca-roni is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2007, 05:55 PM   #2

Some of the Mountain Master GT Spartan chassis have an issue with the cooolant tank sensor becoming cracked from tension put on it by having the harness from the sensor to the ECM too tight against the frame rail under the rear right side of the engine. It will cause a short and the this will give you a "STOP ENGINE" light on your Driver Information Center. You should stop your coach and turn off the engine as soon as you can or you will start to lose power and your engine will get shutdown.
What happens is the ECM does not get a reading from the coolant sensor thus thinking there is no coolant available which in turn means the engine could over heat. Isn't electronic technology a wonderful thing........LOL !
I had this happen to me in my coach. I was also told, by Spartan, that better than the majority of time that you get a "STOP ENGINE" light on your Driver Information Center it is related to coolant issues.

Bob
Old 04-16-2007, 06:02 PM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I was also told, by Spartan, that better than the majority of time that you get a "STOP ENGINE" light on your Driver Information Center it is related to coolant issues </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ain't THAT the truth.....My Essex was towed three times for cooling issues,saw that "Stop Engine" and heard that AWFUL beep three times.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I can back Bob on that statement was on # 81 Tenn. heading home from the rally for the first brake down, its now a distant memory.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 04:20 AM   #5

Ok, cooling issue with "Stop Engine"... so what does one do and how to solve. Call for a tow each time, reset the code, or were repairs made in or out of warranty. I am looking at a MADP and trying to learn of potential issues.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:31 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
redeldo, here's some info take your pick. The issues were taken care of in must every case.

Cooling issues
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 01:21 PM   #7

redeldo,
When I had the problem I called Spartan on their "800" 24/7 hotline. They were Great taking care of everything.
Most all the manufacturers go to Coach Net. They did a good job also.
The gotcha was the first truck was too small. Make sure you talk to the towing company and give them all the essentials about the weights and length of your coach.
The trucking company that fixed my problem was also very good.

Bob