Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2006, 02:34 AM   #1

I learned yesterday that Spartan has issued a recall on chassis' made between April-December 2005 that the wiring harness to the Jake brake and tail lights require replacing. Any one had this done yet and how long did it take?
We just got our new Mtn Aire DP at the end of March and are new in the system at Spartan so we've not gotten a notice yet.
Thanks.

'06 Jeep Liberty Limited
dlhaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2006, 02:34 AM   #2

I learned yesterday that Spartan has issued a recall on chassis' made between April-December 2005 that the wiring harness to the Jake brake and tail lights require replacing. Any one had this done yet and how long did it take?
We just got our new Mtn Aire DP at the end of March and are new in the system at Spartan so we've not gotten a notice yet.
Thanks.

'06 Jeep Liberty Limited
Old 04-07-2006, 05:16 AM   #3

I have a 2006 MADP 4301 and had the wiring harness installed before the recall was sent out. Spartan allows 1 hour for the job, but it took app 2+ hours to complete the job. When I had the problem a spokesperson at spartan said it would take at least 2 hrs for the job, but they only allowed the shop 1 hour. I was their 1st customer so that may had something to do with it. The mechanic did a lot of reading and made a few calls to spartan also. That did take care of the problem. I used a RV shop in Hueytown,Al. to do the job. I can't remember their name, but they are listed in your Spartan directory. They work on RV's only. Super bunch of people. Some of the nicest I have ever dealt with. Tey are a authorized spartan service center. Good luck with yours. This town is just south of Birminghan.
JoJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #4

Got the recall taken care of last Thursday. However, it took all day Thursday and half a day Friday start to finish for me to take it and pick it up. Here's the Reader's Digest version: Took it in at 7:10 AM Thursday. By lunch time haven't touched coach. By 2PM pulled coach into shop. By 5PM no repaired due to malfunction in wiring harness connection. Didn't have tool to separate the connection. Service tech had to purchase special tool to separate connection fittings. Left soon afterwards. Phone call after 8PM that coach was ready; too late to drive back to pick up coach. Friday: heavy storms during the morning waited until lunch to go get the coach. Rain was buckets and buckets. Ended up with over 4 inches in less than 48 hours. Finally got the coach and all was right with the world...I think...everything seemed to work.

The 2 hours your's took wasn't bad. Mine took about 13 hours but turned into a day and a half for me.

BTW: This was an authorized Spartan chassis service center.

'06 Jeep Liberty Limited
Old 04-23-2006, 02:36 PM   #5

Had my KSDP in for other items. Got the recall a couple of days prior to the scheduled repair. They took care of it while they had the coach.
Don't know how long it actually took them to complete the recall portion of the repairs.

Newmar '06 KSDP 3511
flnative is offline   Reply With Quote