Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2013, 05:47 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Bob I called Newmarafter I found out about the problems, they assured me they replaced the old switch with the correct switch. I received an e-mail from Spartan that assured me that the switch was the correct switch for that system when coach was made. Later they found that the problem. From what I had been told Spartan used the switch after being told by Evans not to use that particular switch but installed it anyway. Spartan informed me that they used the switch that was thought to be the correct switch, Evans lead me to believe Spartan installed the original switch against the AC manufacturer's (Evans) recommendation for a lower pressure switch. I think that they are dodging blame but Spartan did replace the switches until warranty ran out
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2013, 05:57 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
WIRING DIAGRAMS

EVANS PARTS

See if you can fine your part number in these PDF's--for Spartan
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
E+T Pressure Switch

Thanks "007" and Montiem
was able to find some PNs on Newmar site thru Quick Tips. will check it out. Any idea if the switch is at the compressor or under dash??

2007 NEWMAR 3613 VTDP
2015 WRANGLER JKU toad
Doodlebarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
The switch I am referring to is at the compressor, a high limit switch
Old 07-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by montiem View Post
the switch i am referring to is at the compressor, a high limit switch
Does anyone have the part number of this high limit switch would like a early 2000 plus a 2013 or 12.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Sorry guys been out of town and just got back I have the new part number at my office, I will post it in the morning
Old 07-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebarge View Post
Is there a part number for the correct high pressure switch? available from Newmar?
Our dash air leaked due to a blown high pressure hose fitting. Fitting replaced, system Ok until 2 days on the road. No cold air again. at $750 for leak detection and fitting, it will be pretty frustrating to find a switch will continue to cause the same failure.. Is there a TSB to check for the correct switch when servicing the dash air?

2007 Ventana DP
Bob
Bob the part number that is on the invoice for my repairs and replace the switch is Newmar part# 08851 Newmar High Side Switch $95.69, the hose was 740056 Newmar A/C Hose $215.43. I called and made sure that was the correct switch, I do not know the wrong switch part number. Hope this helps
Old 07-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
high pressure switch

I don't have a switch at the compressor. appears from Evans PDF link "007" put on redbaron's thread that I have only the binary condenser fan control switch. at $750 a pop to find/fix leaks, I'll be running the house A/C on the road when we need cool

2007 NEWMAR 3613 VTDP
2015 WRANGLER JKU toad
Doodlebarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
With PDF on the RedBaron73 thread it shows four chassis MFG's and I wonder if MFG coach builders are mixing up the High limit switchs for which chassis they are using.
If you look at the NOTE for FL & Spartan they have HPS but says select the correct one for the chassis.

THAT'S why I have asked for part numbers for the four chassis MFG's.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:31 PM   #24

Now I understand why so many of the older DP's we have looked at have failed chassis A/C's with no attempt at fixing them.
TwelveVolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #25
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Until the RedBaron73 look into why his new coach had dash cooling problem never would have guess the Evans valve would have been install in so many DP's and gas chassis's incorrectly.
Spartan,FL,Workhorse and Ford chassis's its been hit or miss not all chassis have the problem.
Some of us just installed the BALL VALVE and forgot about it after warranty period and putting in new valves only to have them fail because they were put in the same way.
The ball valve worked just need to remember to open it in winter or wife may complain she is cold.
There maybe a problem with the HIGH PRESSURE SWITCH supplied by chassis MFG in some chassis's with a mix up some place.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What I find amazing is that Evans took the time to clearly label flow direction on all their documentation and all their parts. It was clearly done. The engine manufacturer took the time to clearly label the flow on the cooling system.

So why did the builder use unlabeled black hoses and just make the connection. There was nothing the identify flow. The problem in this case is with Newmar and their design. A simple fix: use red tape on both ends to match up with Evans. Cost $0.05 and maybe 10 seconds. Would be far cheaper than the hundreds spent on replacing these valves.

Just my $0.02
redbaron73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 02:26 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I guess we would have to ask the engineering dept that, assemblers on floor are just snapping things together to move coach to next station.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron73
What I find amazing is that Evans took the time to clearly label flow direction on all their documentation and all their parts. It was clearly done. The engine manufacturer took the time to clearly label the flow on the cooling system.

So why did the builder use unlabeled black hoses and just make the connection. There was nothing the identify flow. The problem in this case is with Newmar and their design. A simple fix: use red tape on both ends to match up with Evans. Cost $0.05 and maybe 10 seconds. Would be far cheaper than the hundreds spent on replacing these valves.

Just my $0.02
Good question for the Newmar QC inspector. While watching my coach being built, they had a dedicated QC inspector that renewed the coach several times while moving from station to station, asking notes on paper taped to the coach. How does he verify the correct installation of the valve? If this was something he was inspecting, you bet they would use something to identify flow direction, if even a grease pencil.

Mike
2012 DSDP 3734
MJFZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, dash, spartan