Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2019, 12:41 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Spartan Factory Service in Charlotte MI

About a month ago I scheduled a Newmar Factory appointment for Sept 3rd. Being that I would be in the area, I also called Spartan in Michigan planning on getting my first year service done there. To my shock, they were already booked through the end of October. That’s 6 months! They explained that the classes they are teaching are taking up all the service bays. Wow, sounds like they need to do some expansion.

So if you are considering getting service done a Spartan...plan on calling 6 months to a year in advance.

I am now planning to have my service done a Newmar, my second choice.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2019, 02:34 PM   #2

I knew that I was going to be in that area in June 2020... I made the appointment about a month ago. I could pick any day/time I wanted.... LOL. That is actually true. I heard that they fill up fast so I planned WAY in advance.
-B
Full time RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon - Harley FLTCR - 2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS - Also considering a Polaris General 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT
BrokeDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:42 PM   #3

Spartan

Does Spartan offer an option as a drop in? Maybe be able to work you in between scheduled appointments?
Webz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by danleininger View Post
About a month ago I scheduled a Newmar Factory appointment for Sept 3rd. Being that I would be in the area, I also called Spartan in Michigan planning on getting my first year service done there. To my shock, they were already booked through the end of October. That’s 6 months! They explained that the classes they are teaching are taking up all the service bays. Wow, sounds like they need to do some expansion.

So if you are considering getting service done a Spartan...plan on calling 6 months to a year in advance.

We had the same thing happen tried to get the week of May 13. We asked to get put on a cancelation list. Lo and behold we got a call around and of Aprik for a cancelation May 15. Just left. Excellent experience!.
NeHardRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:49 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Same thing happened to me. They do a good job with the cancellation list. I was on that list for several months, then eventually got exactly the day I wanted.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:20 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
Same thing happened to me. They do a good job with the cancellation list. I was on that list for several months, then eventually got exactly the day I wanted.
Great thought, but my schedule is quite tight. So I am going for a sure thing...I think?
Old 05-17-2019, 07:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by danleininger View Post

Dan, Did you get your roof sealant issue added to your Newmar appointment? Not trying to tend to your business, this issue just really concerns me.
Thanks, GrAndy
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 12:16 PM   #8

I was successful with the cancellation list last year as well. Last April I was attempting to make an appointment in August that was close to my appointment date at Newmar but nothing was available until a couple months later. I got a call in May with a July opening which did not work. Advised Spartan I needed something early August b4 my Newmar date or after my Newmar week. A week or 2 later I got a call with a date we could work with although it was 2 weeks after our Newmar week.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:06 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
We were on the wait list for the June 16th Spartan Academy in March, got a call in April for an opening. We are going to have service done at that time. A couple months early (Bought end of Sept 2018), but figure early isn't necessarily a bad thing. Wait list is definitely well maintained.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 07:48 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
Dan, Did you get your roof sealant issue added to your Newmar appointment? Not trying to tend to your business, this issue just really concerns me.
Thanks, GrAndy
Thanks for your concern, however, I was able to make repairs myself. I have also spoken to our Customer Service Rep and have confirmed my work.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E782A962-D30F-4DBE-922A-312EFD8D9986.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	246696  

Tags
service, spartan