Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2007, 03:33 PM   #1

Hi! I have meant to metion that we got a recall from Spartan on our coach. CSB07-570-004 is for certain Spartan K2 and K3 chassis models with a VDM (Vehicle Date of Manufacture) of 10/31/2005 through 10/3/2006. " A condition exists where the brake light will not illuminate with activation of compression brake" The correction is to update the engine software. Paul
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2007, 03:33 PM   #2

Hi! I have meant to metion that we got a recall from Spartan on our coach. CSB07-570-004 is for certain Spartan K2 and K3 chassis models with a VDM (Vehicle Date of Manufacture) of 10/31/2005 through 10/3/2006. " A condition exists where the brake light will not illuminate with activation of compression brake" The correction is to update the engine software. Paul
Old 04-02-2007, 03:43 PM   #3

Hey Paul, Been there, done that. I noticed that immediately on deliverly and had it reprogrammed to active the stoplights with Jake. This was an error on Spartan's part I believe, as the '07 order went in from them without that option specified. Mine was programmed by Cummins at Newmar in September as was Bob's BBT at that time.

Peter
Old 04-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #4

Hi! I guess I should have mine done. Think why they are programing it I can get them to dial my engine up to 500hp? That way I can keep up with you. Paul
Old 04-02-2007, 04:07 PM   #5

Paul, With your luck, they will dail it up and get a wrong number or an answering machine, "I'm sorry, the horse power you are calling is either on another line or tampering with the company test dyno, please leave a message and his parole officer will have him return the call"

Peter
Old 04-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #6
Administrator Emeritus

With all the hoopla over the stoplights on during jake use, I don't think the Black Pearl is working as specified...

Will get Randy to fix that in Nappanee...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:59 PM   #7

Bob, That Bad Boy, The Black Pearl, may not need it, since you left RB for the north, I don't think you have even slowed down'

Peter
Old 04-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

Peter,I'm finally getting to a slow down point again as I'll be hanging with Dirk for a long weekend at the Lazy Days and then will head to the NKK Florida State at Sun-n-Fun on Tuesday.

When I spoke to Jason yesterday he mentioned that he didn't think there were going to be enough coaches to meet the minimum for having Newmar techs attend....BUMMER!

I guess all the Florida snowbirds have flown the coop!
Old 04-02-2007, 05:35 PM   #9

Oh yeh. The north bound traffic out of Florida was terrible. Twice I was stopped on I75 for a considerable time just north of Fort Myers and again south of Tampa with slow creep most of the way. Fueling was a whole other matter. All the truck stops like Flying J and the likes were lined up like they were giving it away. (I can assure you they were not, once I got up there). Boy are they in for a treat, snow due in here on Wednesday.

Peter
Old 04-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

Well at least I'll be heading the other way and will be down in FL long enough to let all the crowd settle down...
Old 04-02-2007, 11:54 PM   #11

Speaking of recalls, as well as the Jake brake activation of the stoplights, there is also one on the tag axle bearings on at least the K-2 (Note: my chassis was built in May/06). Spartan replaced them and put new oil in.

Peter
Old 04-03-2007, 03:59 PM   #12
cwg

Spartan sent the tag axle upgrade to Northtrail and they did it also last last month when I had the fan belt upgrade done. At that time no one had heard of it. Northtrail took an additonal day to have that done which I was not prepared for. But glad to have it done.

As far as the brake lights being activated when the engine brake is engaged, I really don't care if that is performed. I am sure it is a safety issue for those who follow too closely, but no big deal.

How hard is it to get into Spartan at this time, Peter? I still think I have an air bag or ride height issue. May try and get an appointment in Charlotte when we come up for the Holland Tulip festival next month.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 04:17 PM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">when we come up for the Holland Tulip festival </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Chuck! Are we going to Tip Toe Thru the Tulips? Paul
Old 04-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #14

Hey, Chuck, How are you guys doing? Call Spartan, they have cancels all the time. A guy that arrived today, the day I left, just called as he was at Newmar, and they took him.

They build a lot of fire trucks. Borrow one of Bob's fire suits, fill it with marshmellows if too loose, and show up with it.

Miss you guys.

Peter