RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #1

We are interested in ordering a MADP and really need to have the floor plan tweeked. The dealer that we are trying to work with has been really nice but said that when he spoke to his rep that the rep did not think they could do what we wanted. Who can/should I call to talk to? Is there a contact at the factory that any of you would recommend?

utarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:02 AM   #2

We are interested in ordering a MADP and really need to have the floor plan tweeked. The dealer that we are trying to work with has been really nice but said that when he spoke to his rep that the rep did not think they could do what we wanted. Who can/should I call to talk to? Is there a contact at the factory that any of you would recommend?

Old 04-04-2008, 09:04 AM   #3

What are you trying to do? Just curious.
69RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #4

bunk beds. CC has a similar floor plan so I know we are not asking them to do something that has never been done before in a "higher end" DP.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:19 AM   #5
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Utarv, welcome to iRV2.

Newmar and bunk beds have a little history.

Several potential buyers have tired to convince Newmar to add bunk beds in various models.

Some folks have been sucessful, some not. It all depends on the floor plan, and I believe how high up the model is.

Your factory rep is the one to start with.

It would be to your benefit to try and make your own scale drawing, as best as you can, to see how it all would turn out.

The more info you have to support your idea the better.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 10:24 AM   #6

We've had varying luck with different dealers and reps. When we ordered we had some tell us NO for certain items other dealers and reps said yes to. Why? I do not know. There are too many possibilities and frankly I don't care but I do know YMMV depending on your dealer / rep because n the end we got things approved that had already been denied.

We got them to add bunk beds to our Dutch Star and make a good bit of other changes as well. I think you are the same person to PM me over at RV.net so i'll leave it there as my PM was much more detailed but if not and you have further questions just shoot me a PM or ask away here I'll be glad to share our experience.

2008 Saturn Vue
Aridon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #7

We ordered our 2007 and had 55+ items that were special requests. There was 3 or 4 things that Newmar absolutely flat out refused to do. One of the things was to put in a 32" TV instead of the standard 26". We had measured and knew there was room, but Newmar dug in their heels and flat refused. 2008 models....same front cap...had it as a standard, so go figure.

What we found is that Newmar tends to say no if they don't understand something clearly so it is to your advantage to be specific, provide drawings of your own if possible. They don't have to be perfect, but get the point across clearly. We had a good sales person that wasn't afraid to pick up the phone and talked to the factory sales people many times on our behalf. He recommended, and we would definitely do it if ordering another coach, that it would be helpful if we made a trip to Nappanee and went over our specials with the engineers to make sure everything went as we planned. You might consider that.

We tweaked our floor plan and got added cabinetry, counter tops in the kitchen and storage in the bath and bedroom in addition to other items not listed as options and other miscellaneous things such as added insulation, wiring, outlets, etc.

If you aren't getting what you need from your dealer, find another. Your dealer doesn't have to be located near you. You can buy from a dealer far away and take delivery at the factory (highly recommended). Good luck. I don't know if Newmar is the best manufacturer out there, but we would definitely buy another if we were in the market.
DonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:15 PM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
utarv, letting us know what location of the country you are trying to make your deal in may allow someone to steer you to a dealership that is more conducive to special orders. If you located in the Pacific Northwest I would recommend contacting Guaranty RV Factory Outlet in Coburg OR. Newmar has a factory representative, who is on Newmar's payroll, assigned exclusively to this dealership. He knows all the right people to talk to in Nappannee to get you what you want, its his job. He was a great help to us on our special order with Newmar, let us know exactly what the factory would and would not do.

Spike

FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote