Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2017, 03:44 PM   #1

"Specials"

Well we are starting our process for a 2018 MADP. Sent out quote requests to multiple dealers. We've decided and dealer is placing our order Monday with our option sheet that we submitted for quotes. We've not chosen a interior decor yet and then will do interior specials. We are looking to do some specials, like flooring, leather etc. is there a way to see what standard like specials would cost, like flooring, leather etc? Anyone with recent knowledge would be great. Thanks Brad

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2017, 05:56 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmf23 View Post
Well we are starting our process for a 2018 MADP. Sent out quote requests to multiple dealers. We've decided and dealer is placing our order Monday with our option sheet that we submitted for quotes. We've not chosen a interior decor yet and then will do interior specials. We are looking to do some specials, like flooring, leather etc. is there a way to see what standard like specials would cost, like flooring, leather etc? Anyone with recent knowledge would be great. Thanks Brad
Newmar will price your specials as a lump sum, they do not itemize. This makes it impossible to determine pricing for each item. Additionally, this pricing will be provided to your dealer, not to you.
Make sure you make an arrangement with your dealer on how the cost of these specials will be handled. We had a great deal on our coach but we didn't have an arrangement with our dealer about specials pricing and I think they may have hit us a little hard on that.

Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:08 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
They do itemize, however, the norm is to just send you the cost of the agragate. We asked our dealer for, and recieved, an itemized list.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmf23 View Post

Hmf23, we will be exactly where you are in about 4 months! Would enjoy (I hope) hearing back on how your pricing went with various dealers. I hope to be close to 30% off MSRP. Originally we were looking at DS but now have our hearts set on MA with several specials! Please post or PM me when you do settle on pricing/ Dealer! Cheers and all the best!
Old 04-30-2017, 07:38 PM   #5

Hmf23- aren't you getting ahead of yourself???
Why have you given your order to a dealer prior to deciding on specials? You need to work with Michelle Howard ( she is a great gal & knows her stuff- we worked 2 days with her when we designed our coach) at Newmar to pick out all your specials- interior & exterior, then submit this to 3-5 dealers to get quotes from. That way you'll get truly comparative prices. If you order the coach first & then begin adding specials, you won't get as much discount on them as you would otherwise. Most dealers will hold the specials $$$$ high to make up GM on you if they already have your order.
What dealer did you go with might I ask?

Happy Trails
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 08:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Bill View Post
Hmf23- aren't you getting ahead of yourself???
Why have you given your order to a dealer prior to deciding on specials? You need to work with Michelle Howard ( she is a great gal & knows her stuff- we worked 2 days with her when we designed our coach) at Newmar to pick out all your specials- interior & exterior, then submit this to 3-5 dealers to get quotes from. That way you'll get truly comparative prices. If you order the coach first & then begin adding specials, you won't get as much discount on them as you would otherwise. Most dealers will hold the specials $$$$ high to make up GM on you if they already have your order.
What dealer did you go with might I ask?

Happy Trails
Capt Bill,

I get the fact that spending time with Michelle prior to ordering would have been optimal, but in our case we can't make that happen. My request for quotes to multiple dealers was for an exactly the same coach and specials would be added later. The dealer I chose does not mark specials up, it's at factory cost so I'm not worried about that portion. We are only picking colors, and adding a few electrical items. We don't have Huge special asks as most thing we were going to ask for are now standard or on the 2018 option sheet. Once the order goes in, my dealer said we have a few weeks to make final decisions. Our dealers says he will get us in touch with design at Newmar along with sending us 2018 decor books.
Old 05-01-2017, 07:37 AM   #7
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
This is like getting in line at the McDonald's counter. You've committed to buying something, but the final decision isn't required until you get to the counter.
2017 GMC Acadia toad
Old 05-01-2017, 01:12 PM   #8

Remember - if your dealer gave you 30% off MSRP, he'll need to give you the same off the specials as Newmar has them marked up with that consideration. Who was the dealer you ordered from?
Capt. Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:34 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Bill View Post
Remember - if your dealer gave you 30% off MSRP, he'll need to give you the same off the specials as Newmar has them marked up with that consideration. Who was the dealer you ordered from?
Specials are quoted to the dealer at dealer cost by Newmar. Some dealers will mark them up, many will not. We requested 6 bids before we ordered, all simply tacked the cost of the specials to the bottom line. One marked them up but took them back off in the form of a bigger discount. Apparently felt it would be more impressive to show a bigger $ discount.

2017 GMC Acadia toad