Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2017, 07:09 PM   #1

Steady alarm sound on 2000 Dutch Star

Was traveling home tonight and ran in to slow traffic 15 to 25 mile an hour for so approximally 4 miles On the interstate and my alarm buzzer went off steady for the duration of the trip home 25 minutes. It appeared that all of my gauges were in normal operating ranges an no indication on my dash of any lights of any kind were on. Help
Rayspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2017, 07:36 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
jack alarm? Dash?

damdannyboy
Old 05-23-2017, 07:41 PM   #3

Spartan or Freightliner chassis ?

Freightliner has a history of alarms for no good reason.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:47 PM   #4

Had been on the highway approximately one hour running 65mph before I ran in to a caution area is when the alarm buzzer started. So no I do not believe it was the Jack alarm as it went off before we pulled out and there was no lights of any kind indicating anything on my dash.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:48 PM   #5

It is a Spartan chassis.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:56 PM   #6

I'll throw this in , just because I'm currently repairing this on my Freightliner chassis, my park brake warning buzzer started sounding after a fuel up , and after repeated setting and releasing the brake , went off for about 25 miles , after some investigation , I found out that the buzzer and the park brake on light have different sensors . I don't know if a Spartan chassis would have something similar .
Spartan Motor home support
1-800-543-4277
Old 05-23-2017, 08:01 PM   #7

I had this happen on my 2000 DS F53 chassis about 2 hours into my 3 hour trip. Gauges were fine, turned on the Jack control ( while driving) and manually retracted all jacks. Alarm went off. Turns out the rear jack springs are the originals. I'm going to replace them with the new style spring.
onebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:15 PM   #8

Thanks I will take a look at them tomorrow. I am pretty sure one of my dash lights on the top part on my dash lights, light up when the jacks are not retracted all the way up.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:55 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Could it be your refrigerator door was open?
Old 05-23-2017, 09:02 PM   #10

Thanks, will check tomorrow.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:03 PM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I had the "Jacks Down" warning come on once while driving down the freeway. I turned on the jacks and hit the "Store" switch and that put the warning light and horn out. I took a close look at the HWH jack manual when I got home. One of the things it warns against is turning off the jack panel before it has complete its cycle. It appears that the jacks can indicate up even though they have not fully retracted or let all the hydraulics out of the jack. The panel will turn itself off about 2 minutes after all red lights are out.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJOL View Post
I had the "Jacks Down" warning come on once while driving down the freeway. I turned on the jacks and hit the "Store" switch and that put the warning light and horn out. I took a close look at the HWH jack manual when I got home. One of the things it warns against is turning off the jack panel before it has complete its cycle. It appears that the jacks can indicate up even though they have not fully retracted or let all the hydraulics out of the jack. The panel will turn itself off about 2 minutes after all red lights are out.
That's good to know the control panel will shut itself off. I must have shut it off before it was fully retracted. I called HWH and they told me about the weak springs. The new style springs are tapered on the ends. The previous owner upgraded the fronts but not the rears.
onebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dutch star