Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2019, 09:50 AM   #1
doc

Appalachian Campers
Still learning and still asking

Canyon Star 3911
We just got this coach a few months ago, but due to health issue with my DW we are only now beginning to travel. Two questions please.

Red rocker switch
On the left side of the driver seat and right between the leveling switches and the mirror adjustments, there is a small solid red rocker switch. I have no idea what it does. (I cannot get photo to post) Can you guys tell me what it is and does? I see nothing when I flip it.

Auto level.
I park on the site, do my hookups, set brake push the auto level. The four red lights start flashing and it levels fine. But, I never get a green light like I do on the previous coach when it finished leveling. Is this right? or am I low on fluid or something?
doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2019, 09:56 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I believe you're describing the switch to turn on the heated mirrors (or rather, the heater for the mirrors).
Old 05-06-2019, 10:20 AM   #3

American Coach Owners Club
Like the previous poster said, the switch is for the heated mirrors and my leveling works the same way. Just the 4 red lights tell you that you are level.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:02 PM   #4

Owners manual has all the info you are looking for, and a bunch you weren't looking for. Its a good idea to read them. You may have features you don't even know you have.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:24 PM   #5
doc

Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by winniman View Post
Owners manual has all the info you are looking for, and a bunch you weren't looking for. Its a good idea to read them. You may have features you don't even know you have.
I am finding that out regularly and you are partially right. The manual for this thing weighs 10 or 12 pounds with all the "stuff". You don't know what system it part of most of the time. The switch might be under the *brand name* Mirrors and it will contain general information of the mirrors, but not be coach specific. Much better for me to ask someone who has one like it and knows exactly.
doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:32 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I am finding that out regularly and you are partially right. The manual for this thing weighs 10 or 12 pounds with all the "stuff". You don't know what system it part of most of the time. The switch might be under the *brand name* Mirrors and it will contain general information of the mirrors, but not be coach specific. Much better for me to ask someone who has one like it and knows exactly.
You are 100% correct. My wife set up hanging files and did her best to divide it by subject matter. It helps but a lot of times its easier to ask. Keep asking my friend and I am going to do the same.

I do get a manual out on something occasionally like the radio, gps. There are so many things on these coaches its crazy.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:47 PM   #7

I read all my manuals when I first buy an rv. My current one has the Allison 3000 transmission. I read in the manual that I can check my transmission fluid with the selector pad. Had I not read that, I would have never known. Many other features are built into these things that you would never guess or figure out on your own. Im a believer in reading all the manuals. Mind you, you wont do in one night, but hey whats the hurry.