Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2016, 07:46 PM   #1

Stop for 1/2 bath stool lid

The rear bath stool has the wall for the lid to lay against but due to the box along the wall behind the 1/2 bath stool the lid doesn't reach the wall and is stopped by it's own hinges.

Has anyone come up with something for the lid to stop against so as not to put so much strain on the plastic hinges, which may possibly break in the future. And I'm always fearful the lid will slip out of my hands during a sleepy middle-night trip to the toitee and damage the lid hinges.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2016, 07:49 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Perhaps the round plastic door stops at lowes.
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:50 PM   #3

I have the opposite problem. Lid rests on wall when raised, causing a slight wear spot. Tried the stick on bumpers they sell for cabinets, but they simply fall off after a few months. Next step is a screw on type stop, but hate to puncture wall panel.
britcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:01 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by britcon View Post
I have the opposite problem. Lid rests on wall when raised, causing a slight wear spot. Tried the stick on bumpers they sell for cabinets, but they simply fall off after a few months. Next step is a screw on type stop, but hate to puncture wall panel.
I placed a stick on bumper there, clear in color so hardly noticed. If your stick on bumper is not sticking, suggest maybe superglue it instead.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:54 PM   #5

I used a a 3/4 in felt pad that you would use for a chair leg for both toilets. We have dark walls so the brown color worked for us.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:50 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I also used 3/4 felt pad for chair legs
Works great been there for 6 months
Old 09-21-2016, 12:01 PM   #7

I've also used the felt stick on pads for the rear bath and the only one has been on for over a year now, but there's too much space between the raised lid and the wall in the small bath. Will take something at least 1/2-3/4" thick in order for the lid to stop before it reaches the hinge and still not damage the wall.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote