Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2019, 07:37 PM   #1

Storage, furnace, and diesel burner

Going to leave coach for 10 days, outdoors and plugged in to 50 amp. Overnights expected to be in low to mid-30's while away

I will set the thermostat to 50 degrees and "auto" in both zones.

Would AC2 be sufficient? Or should I turn on diesel burner as well for the furnace on those nights in the low 30s?

If I turn on diesel burner, it will only be using diesel when the furnace comes on during those overnights w/ temps below 40 right?

Thanks for advice and suggestions
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2019, 07:49 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark71 View Post
Going to leave coach for 10 days, outdoors and plugged in to 50 amp. Overnights expected to be in low to mid-30's while away

I will set the thermostat to 50 degrees and "auto" in both zones.

Would AC2 be sufficient? Or should I turn on diesel burner as well for the furnace on those nights in the low 30s?

If I turn on diesel burner, it will only be using diesel when the furnace comes on during those overnights w/ temps below 40 right?

Thanks for advice and suggestions
Your diesel will be primary so I would just use the electric which should be enough to keep it warm.
I've done it and it works well. I would not use auto unless you want your heat pumps as primary. Below 34° your oasis would take over from the heat pumps. In short, your electric elements in Oasis will work for you.
judgebobk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:42 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Typically, if the electric elements are enough in cold weather, the furnace fans just run longer because the coolant is getting hot enough. It won't hurt anything. Since you have the temp set so low, it should work fine.

A power outage would be your only issue. If it's feasible, you might want to set the Auto Gen Start as a back up.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:02 PM   #4

Got it. Thanks to both of you.
Mark71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 09:06 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
We set front zone to Furnace 73, rear to HP 70 oasis with both AC on. We were fine when the outside temp went to 25 for the night. No monitor how long it dropped, but that was the overnight low.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, storage, furnace, ace