RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-28-2010, 02:10 PM   #29

My manual indicates that I should start the engine twice per month to keep engine lubricated but if I do that there will possibly be a condensation issue. Cant win for losing, which way do I go?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
For the mice here is a system used by cabin owners in NH..take a 5 gal bucket and put about 3-5 inches of rv non toxic anti freeze in it...take an 10 or 12 Gage wire and put it through the top to bottom of a soda can and suspend it from the edge of the top to the other edge of the top of the bucket, if you will it will look like the wire a trapeze artist walks on with a soda can in the middle, suspended over the anti freeze. Make sure the can can spin and put some peanut butter on the can as bait.

What happens is the mouse walks the wire to get to the bait on the can. The can spins and the mouse falls into the antifreeze and swims till he drowns. It is crude but effective. And it will fish all winter with no attention needed. The mice die and they stay in the bucket. I use in the house basement, and yes i have cats, and in the basement of the coach and one in the main floor of the coach. Put a plank as a ramp to the edge of the bucket so the mice can get to it easy..it works as I had mice one year and put them in coach and none since..

clubmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 02:41 PM   #31

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefans & Harvey View Post
Would the jacks get rusted or anything in the winter weather if they are down? I plan on using the dryer sheets - great idea, and getting those smelly things and putting them by the drains. I think a previous thread had said store with slides in and jacks up. Oh I wish I didn't have to store it at all and could go year round!
You need to move to Florida.
Old 11-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #32

Just get some cotton balls, and sprinkle a few drops of peppermint oil on them. Stuff in all the entry holes, around the tires. Where that oil is, the mice won't be.

AZgl1500 is offline   Reply With Quote