Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2019, 05:07 PM   #645

I'll add my wishlist item...

A current sensor on the slides that will stop and alert a user if it goes over a threshold. "Hey user, there may be something blocking my path, please check before pressing the override button."

On one of our first trips my DW and runt were trying to be helpful. The driver's seat was back just enough to catch the fascia on the slide and they pushed right past it. Loosened the fascia and the small cabinet under it. I JUST got done securing it (I had wanted to get to it for a while, but you know how that goes.

On that same helpful trip, they did something similar to the bedroom slide and broke the wood around the aux heat output. I've yet to repair it, figuring I'll put something low profile there and maybe have some fun decorating it for the DW in the process.

The console in my 2018 Baystar was not to my liking. I couldn't get to the controls when driving solo. So, I rebuilt it.

The material in the center console is PVC laminate flooring from an install in my kitchen. Scrap piece. Looks like stone.

I've recently added the TPMS above the Rear View monitor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	55861003_10218539540784896_1422577972564459520_o (1).jpg
Views:	41
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	249385   Click image for larger version

Name:	55849242_10218539565945525_3118008027668545536_o (1).jpg
Views:	45
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	249386  

Monkey21144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-11-2019, 07:42 AM   #646

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Grey water tank rinse for tank.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandS View Post
I would really like to see them add a connection for rinsing the gray water tank, like we have on the sewage tank. -Paul
It only makes sense that you have one with the debris for the sinks and showers! As an ex-plumbing contractor, I can't tell you how much money I have made by dirty stinking shower, and sink lines, and grey water tanks and lines are no exception!
caschoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 03:45 PM   #647

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Ok, here's mine. (granted I have not been through all the pages and it might have been already mentioned)
How about a keypad for the keyless locks somewhere on the drivers side near the electrical and water bays? How many times have you gone to hook up and realized that you didn't unlock the compartments?
M&G Braking-Roadmaster Towbar
mbrooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:23 AM   #648

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrooking View Post
Ok, here's mine. (granted I have not been through all the pages and it might have been already mentioned)
How about a keypad for the keyless locks somewhere on the drivers side near the electrical and water bays? How many times have you gone to hook up and realized that you didn't unlock the compartments?
Me, many times.
lenny-shawna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 08:35 AM   #649

This thread is almost 50 pages long and admittedly I haven't read it all (but I did read most of it over the course of the last few months!), so perhaps this has already been mentioned.

How is it that I can buy a $300k+ coach with an infotainment setup from the late 1990's? It's absolutely abysmal. Standard 6" screens are way too small (my Jeep has an 8" screen!). Other than the nice 10.4" dual screens on the luxury models, the XITE system is absolute garbage. The 360 Cameras are low quality. No integrated DVR on the 360 camera system. Where's the Carplay + Android Auto integration?

I don't think any manufacturer has a good setup in this department but that doesn't make it okay. Newmar needs to get their act together here and offer a modern infotainment technology package. I shouldn't have to replace the infotainment setup on day zero of my brand new $300k+ rig because it's 10 years out of date in terms of technology.
Old 06-20-2019, 08:46 AM   #650

Also, Newmar could totally offer a laminate option in the slide rooms of the Ventana for those among us who do not want carpet anywhere. If some DIYer on Youtube can figure how how to make it work in their used RV, it defies explanation as to why Newmar couldn't do something similar.

Don't tell me the transition won't be level because VTDP doesn't use HWH slides. We all know that already, but Newmar could come up with an acceptable solution if they really wanted to. Once my rig is out of warranty, I'm totally ripping that carpet out and installing laminate in the slide room.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:49 PM   #651

I guess the HWH slide doesn't "ramp down". My neighbor in overflow at the old CN tells me the HWH FWS has 2 actions - On opening the slide (full wall slide) moves laterally and at the end you have a 5" lowering action of the slide so it sits flat. Just the opposite when retracting - it rises straight up and then retracts.
My old coach has the "ramp" and I guess there will always be a little height difference. Ernie Elkhart (a member here) installs laminate in coaches every day and all of his "ramp" coaches end up sitting on top of the other flooring.

If you want the HWH system in a lower level coach than they offer it, you'll have to lobby Newmar for it.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 01:49 PM   #652

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Newmar, please don't double badge the front of your coaches. Looking at your 2020 pictures you have a Newmar logo above driver's side and also bottom center of front end. One please....I suggest losing the upper one.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:08 PM   #653

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Newmar, please don't double badge the front of your coaches. Looking at your 2020 pictures you have a Newmar logo above driver's side and also bottom center of front end. One please....I suggest losing the upper one.

I had the dealer strip all the badges off except for the one in the grill and “Dutch Star” on the front.
kpecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 07:33 PM   #654

Newmar Owners Club
How about running a water line to the roof with a hose coiled in it to wash the roofs.
grantg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 09:44 AM   #655

built-in four-corner weight

I was looking at these built-in scales used on large trucks and was pretty intrigued. I emailed them to ask if it could be installed on an RV and got a response back that said they couldn't install them on a Class A RV - no further explanation.

Anyway, how cool would it be to just be able to get your four corner weight automagically at any time? I don't really understand why the above solution wouldn't work on an RV but I don't fully understand how it works in the first place either.

Anyway, sure would be cool!
Old 07-18-2019, 09:24 AM   #656

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapnerd View Post
I emailed them to ask if it could be installed on an RV and got a response back that said they couldn't install them on a Class A RV - no further explanation.
Not seeing why it wouldn't work on an air suspension RV. Probably they just haven't put the effort together to ensure fitting compatibility and software calibration.

What the system doesn't measure (but the software needs to compensate for them) is axle weight as it's unsprung weight.

Might be interesting to just get some quality air pressure sensors, put them in all four corners and use our software to get the data and provide the corrective math, allow for physical weights for calibration (one time) and display.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:31 AM   #657

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't think our weights change that much that often like truckers. Once you have a stable setup after owning your MH your weights are probably going to remain pretty consistent. If you take a trip to Newmar at the end of your 1 year warranty for cleanup ask for four corner weights, they can do it. If you go to a rally you can get weights sometimes by RVSEF (but I strongly recommend avoiding their tire pressure recommendations, that's for another thread) but at least you can get weights to use for your own calcs.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:13 AM   #658

How about making a 36’ diesel pusher for the low, low price of only $49.95 a month!

Tags
newmar