RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2019, 01:43 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Swapping for a 35 New Aire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
We did not do that exact thing but we did go from 45 to a 33 New Aire and love it. We do not miss the extra 11 feet much at all. We dropped from bath and a half to single bath, a saving of 6 feet and the fireplace is under the China cabinet with the TV on a televator in front of a window for the other 5 feet. So we still have almost all the same features except a king bed and it is a lot easier to maneuver and park in fuel stations, parking lots and RV parks. We love our choice but are going back bigger(2whole feet!) with a king bed and 450 hp in our 2020 New Aire 3543.
This is a post from another thread (on switching from diesel to gas). Are other New Aire owners planning to swap their 33 New Aire for a 35? If I were buying now I might well consider the 35 model, but Im having trouble thinking about the money side of trading a coach thats this new. What do folks think it would cost to swap?

WardSimmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2019, 02:41 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardSimmons View Post
This is a post from another thread (on switching from diesel to gas). Are other New Aire owners planning to swap their 33 New Aire for a 35? If I were buying now I might well consider the 35 model, but Im having trouble thinking about the money side of trading a coach thats this new. What do folks think it would cost to swap?
Ward, a good question...will be Interested to see what others think.

If money wasnt a factor, maybe wed switch. However, money is a factor and Ive got too much time invested in various modifications. Plus, we really like our coach. So, the answer is no...we are not planning to swap.

BuckyII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 05:56 AM   #3

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardSimmons View Post
Ward, I got my first look at a 35' yesterday. NIRVC in Lewisville, Texas (Dallas) has a 4-5 New Aire 33's and one 35'. The 35' I think will be a HUGE hit. It's a fantastic coach and answers several of the concerns of those stepping down in length, especially from a 45'. Even with the slides in it is so open and airy. Gone is the tiny little opening (I wouldn't call it an isle) to get to the back when the front slides are in. In fact, you tend to forget that the slides are in. It's that much of an open feeling. It has a king bed and I think a little larger engine, but the larger engine probably won't be noticed or a factor since I'm guessing you are also gaining weight with the additional length. To me though, it is TOO big. I want shorter, not longer, so I could never go to a 35". A 30'-32' would have me looking though. We're all different and some just have to have a king bed. We have no use for a big bed like that and we don't even have one in our home so if I were ordering a 35' it would be a queen bed set up. The biggie for us though is the 33' - 3341. 3343's and the new 35' all have the floor plan that ONLY lets you close off the bedroom from the shower, bath and front area. That's a deal breaker. You can't close off the bedroom, shower and toilet area and have that area to yourself. I get up early and my wife later. The 3341 has TWO pocket doors that allows you privitize any way you want to. So, I can get up early, close the bedroom door, and do my morning thing without disturbing my wife. Same thing, of course with going to bed at different times. Also, we can have guest over and be dressing or whatever behind closed doors while the guest are up front visiting or partaking in adult beverage. That's huge to us and again a deal breaker in any coach. In the 35', at least the one I saw, you're stuck with a longer coach (where do you stop). The 35' though just has a great balance that will be very appealing to many. Newmar has hit another home run. A shorter luxury coach with a side radiator !!!!!, easily driveable (Comfort Steer is amazing) and loaded with luxuries in its shorter length. The competition better hurry because these are going to sell. Way to go Newmar !
R. D. Vanderslice
2018 New Aire 3341
rdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdvan View Post
It has a king bed and I think a little larger engine, but the larger engine probably won't be noticed or a factor since I'm guessing you are also gaining weight with the additional length. To me though, it is TOO big. I want shorter, not longer, so I could never go to a 35".
I have not seen the 35' yet in person but I agree. A smaller New Aire would be my preference. I really like the small buses. I would be willing to pay more for a small New Aire on a diet. There is so much excess weight in the New Aire. They could strip thousands of pounds out of the design by using modern composites and aluminum instead of steel.

A high end New Aire Lite with liberal use of carbon fiber composites, elimination of wood in the interior and the entire subframe made of aluminum would be my choice. Those front and rear caps are very heavy. Should be carbon fiber.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:59 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Power to weight ratio is key, lighter would be exciting.

2018 Dutch Star 4369 Spartan!
2017 Jeep Wrangler Smoky Mountain
2016 Canyon Star 3710 SOLD
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 07:59 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
And, that's what makes the world go around...preferences an choices! Had the 35' New Aire been around in 2018, it might well have given the 40' Mountain Aire we eventually chose a real run for its money. We love the MADP, but shorter...with a King bed, wider aisle with the slides in and a bit more HP for the mountains...would definitely have been in the running.

I think Newmar made a smart move with the 35' New Aire and my guess is that it will sell like the proverbial "hotcakes."

TJ

Tags
air