RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2019, 11:23 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
Iíve seen this stated, too - but itís not my experience. All three always come on at the same time for me.
Actually things are backwards, when all switches on the diesel takes priority and the AC is used to augment. I would love to know how to make AC primary and Diesel secondary...

Anyone know

Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2019, 12:32 PM   #16

Just to make certain, I watched the Oasis in Silverleaf, turned on the hot water, and as soon as the AC elements came on, I shut off the hot water. I heard the diesel kick in a few seconds later (which does NOT indicate that diesel is secondary; it simply needs time to start up, including getting the combustion fan going and validating all is well before it fires up). So, in short, in my NADP, when all 3 are selected, all 3 simultaneously come on.

Note that if you hear your summer loop running, that does NOT mean your AC elements are on. I wonder if that's causing confusion.

Old 11-27-2019, 08:25 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Actually things are backwards, when all switches on the diesel takes priority and the AC is used to augment. I would love to know how to make AC primary and Diesel secondary...

Anyone know
You Can’t! The system is not backwards... The Burner is the PRIMARY heat source (50K BTU). The AC Immersion elements are the SECONDARY heat source (10K BTU). The ONLY way to “use” the AC Elements as “primary” is to turn off the Burner! And with the Burner off, continuous hot water is not guaranteed. From the Oasis User’s Manual: “As long as heat is available in the OASIS Heating Module, the Distribution Module will respond to a call for domestic hot water. Ensure that a heat source has been selected (i.e. Burner, AC, Engine). The production of the domestic hot water is continuous on the Burner operation and limited when using AC or Engine.”
Old 11-27-2019, 08:30 AM   #18

Genturi?
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:06 AM   #19

A GenTuri can be used on either generator or AquaHot. Some places require their use if camping is tight.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44461-G...s%2C201&sr=8-4
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:38 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth01 View Post
You Canít! The system is not backwards... The Burner is the PRIMARY heat source (50K BTU). The AC Immersion elements are the SECONDARY heat source (10K BTU). The ONLY way to ďuseĒ the AC Elements as ďprimaryĒ is to turn off the Burner! And with the Burner off, continuous hot water is not guaranteed. From the Oasis Userís Manual: ďAs long as heat is available in the OASIS Heating Module, the Distribution Module will respond to a call for domestic hot water. Ensure that a heat source has been selected (i.e. Burner, AC, Engine). The production of the domestic hot water is continuous on the Burner operation and limited when using AC or Engine.Ē
Never said IT COULD!, just when electric is included, it would be nice to have the burner as backup. No need for the !!! or manual reference.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:09 PM   #21

There are several different models even within one manufacturer. In most cases, the smaller units have a single thermostat that controls both diesel and electric. If both switches are on, both will activate. Other models have two thermostats, one for diesel and one for electric. The one I worked on showed the electric thermostat set a little higher than the diesel. With both switches on, if the electric could keep up with the demand, the diesel didnít come on. If it couldnít, the temp drops below the diesel thermostat and the diesel starts.
Old 11-30-2019, 09:02 PM   #22

Gen-turi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis4809 View Post
When parked close, I use my GenTuri to get the exhaust fumes up over the top of the mh. Keeps the neighbors happy.
FYI-The Gen-turi won't work for the King Aire heater exhaust because the slide is in the way. It come out under the FW slide.
Rev. Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:10 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Roy View Post
FYI-The Gen-turi won't work for the King Aire heater exhaust because the slide is in the way. It come out under the FW slide.
Donít think Iíd like having that exhaust and CO exit under a slide. Kind of like a car with no tail pipes. Exhaust under the vehicle. Body is supposedly sealed but CO is to deadly to take chances.

Our Gulf Stream has the unit in a bay under a slide but the exhaust is routed to the rear so it exits between slides.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:41 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Iíve seen this stated, too - but itís not my experience. All three always come on at the same time for me.
According to Oasis The electric and Burner use the same aqustat The system will heat to about 170 degrees and the shut down until the temp drops to 130 and then will use electric, boiler or both to reheat to 170. Also remember no furnace heat will be there unless boiler is selected.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:45 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by plane View Post
According to Oasis The electric and Burner use the same aqustat The system will heat to about 170 degrees and the shut down until the temp drops to 130 and then will use electric, boiler or both to reheat to 170. Also remember no furnace heat will be there unless boiler is selected.

Thanks for the info!

FWIW, I can heat with just AC. Obviously not as effective but I do get heat.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:04 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for the info!

FWIW, I can heat with just AC. Obviously not as effective but I do get heat.
I agree, I think it is that it can't keep the temp up with electric. I haven't seen many posts from you are you getting your bugs out?
Old 12-03-2019, 01:56 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by plane View Post
I agree, I think it is that it can't keep the temp up with electric. I haven't seen many posts from you are you getting your bugs out?

It works if itís 30 outside. But yeah any colder and you probably need boiler. But man the heated floors do wonders even at 25! Heat almost never comes on!

Iím full timing in it still. Over a year now. About to land in San Diego for the winter!

Yeah pretty much got a stable unit now. Iíve begun posting videos again to my YouTube channel (TisTheDestiny).

Tags
diesel, electric, oasis, switch