Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2017, 07:15 AM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Got the call yesterday from Phill with our CPU pickup start date! (And I thought I was freaking out before).

So much stuff yet to pickup! We're getting there but just sayin it never ends. 😳

One thing that I couldn't seem to find were jack pads that looked strong enough for the weight and size of the new DSDP. I did a quick search on Amazon and eBay and just wasn't happy with the options.

So I was thinking what would need pads like this for the weight of these new coaches? Cranes and heavy duty service trucks. One quick search at Amazon yielded the brand name Bigfoot. I looked at the items listed on Amazon and they were only 12x12. Too small in my mind. I went to there website and after a quick look and a call the their CS line I had my answer.

Yesterday the Bigfoot jack pads arrived. 15" x 15" x 1.5". I felt sorry for the UPS Driver. The box was heavy!! These things look bulletproof.

Well as we move into the final stage before this crazy journey really starts I want to say thanks for getting me started with all the advice!

John
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2017, 07:44 AM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
OK, when is your first day of pick up....?

Bob
BBorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:47 AM   #45

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Got the call yesterday from Phill with our CPU pickup start date! (And I thought I was freaking out before).

So much stuff yet to pickup! We're getting there but just sayin it never ends. 😳

One thing that I couldn't seem to find were jack pads that looked strong enough for the weight and size of the new DSDP. I did a quick search on Amazon and eBay and just wasn't happy with the options.

So I was thinking what would need pads like this for the weight of these new coaches? Cranes and heavy duty service trucks. One quick search at Amazon yielded the brand name Bigfoot. I looked at the items listed on Amazon and they were only 12x12. Too small in my mind. I went to there website and after a quick look and a call the their CS line I had my answer.

Yesterday the Bigfoot jack pads arrived. 15" x 15" x 1.5". I felt sorry for the UPS Driver. The box was heavy!! These things look bulletproof.

Well as we move into the final stage before this crazy journey really starts I want to say thanks for getting me started with all the advice!

John
How exciting. Let us know when the build starts. As you know, we are in run 48 and should hear next Tues. our start date. Hope our paths meet either at the build or at factory pick up.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:51 AM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
John,
When is your FPU date? Wondering if we will cross paths again as I'll be at factory for some minor warranty work starting on June 19
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:07 AM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Brian,

Looks like we will be in IN at the same time! Delivery at The DS Bldg starts on the 19th also.

John
Old 03-23-2017, 06:59 AM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicia Tom View Post
How exciting. Let us know when the build starts. As you know, we are in run 48 and should hear next Tues. our start date. Hope our paths meet either at the build or at factory pick up.
Morning Tom!

Our build starts 4/19 and ends 4/24. That is a Wed-Fri and a Mon. We will be there for the 19th-21st in certainty, but are not likely to stay for Monday. We haven't decided for sure about Monday yet but that is 3 extra hotel nights.

You should be starting RIGHT after us!

Lynn
Old 03-23-2017, 07:13 AM   #49

Where did you find your jack pads?
dlennick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:04 PM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Brian,

Looks like we will be in IN at the same time! Delivery at The DS Bldg starts on the 19th also.

John

Nice, looking forward to catching up again! I know the wait is tough especially with date set but it's all worth it!
Old 03-23-2017, 07:24 PM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
deblennick

Here is the website. As i mentioned above i choose the 15"x15"X11.5" model in black. Orange is available too.

https://www.outriggerpads.com/

John
Old 03-28-2017, 11:56 AM   #52

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Morning Tom!

Our build starts 4/19 and ends 4/24. That is a Wed-Fri and a Mon. We will be there for the 19th-21st in certainty, but are not likely to stay for Monday. We haven't decided for sure about Monday yet but that is 3 extra hotel nights.

You should be starting RIGHT after us!

Lynn
Hello Lynn, got the call this morning, our production start is April 26. We do our factory pick up, you guessed it, June 19. See you in Nappanee on the 19th.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:50 PM   #53

Quote:
Hello Lynn, got the call this morning, our production start is April 26. We do our factory pick up, you guessed it, June 19. See you in Nappanee on the 19th.
What is your run number?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:25 PM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The Co-Pilot says 47.

John
Old 03-29-2017, 12:55 PM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
That is so cool! We are excited that we will be there the same time as you. Can't you just see us all looking at each other at the end of day one and asking "what just happened???!!" Since we will be learning at the same time we can compare what we remember.......

Thank heavens Brian will the there to keep us sane.
Old 03-29-2017, 05:58 PM   #56

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
That is so cool! We are excited that we will be there the same time as you. Can't you just see us all looking at each other at the end of day one and asking "what just happened???!!" Since we will be learning at the same time we can compare what we remember.......

Thank heavens Brian will the there to keep us sane.

You all with be just fine I'm sure! I'll be there with a drink waiting for you if needed at end of day!