Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2018, 12:19 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
"I have gotten you this very nice pup tent and air mattress. The bath house is right over there. You'll just love camping."

Tom
I agree,

I have been asked and said NO, our coach is for two people. But please join us in the space next to us.

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2018, 01:36 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
We're a family of four... Luggage and storage of a clothes is an issue even for us, and it's our rig. As the others have said, duffel bags that compress, and dedicated space. In our case, each kid gets one of the drawers under the dinette.

Personally, I wouldn't let other adults travel with us under most any circumstance. I point folks toward local RV rental agencies, and encourage a caravan.

When we take another kid, we clean out an overhead cabinet for their stuff, let them leave their bathroom stuff in the bathroom, and have a comprehensive "rules of the house" discussion at the start, followed by a conversation at dinner daily on how everyone is getting on and what needs to be adjusted.
Vacay Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 06:22 PM   #31

Only others that camp with us is 20 yr old daughter and her best friend or grandkids. All luggage is soft side and limited to 1 bag per person. Everyone showers at campground showers. We learned that after teenage grand took over 1 hr in bathroom
fegans02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 07:43 PM   #32

Neal, I think they are being a little hard on you about this. When it comes to taking your Mom, I would do that in a heartbeat if my Mom was still alive. I bet when you were growing up there were a lot of things that weren't so convenient for your Mom but she did it for you. She would probably be real proud to tell her friends that her Son was taking her "camping" in that big fancy MH. Now when it comes to your sister and her husband you may want to do the deal where there is also a little cabin in your campsite.

That being said, having them store their clothes in a suitcase, and putting that in a storage bay is how we do it when we take our grandkids. They are still young but there's 5 of them(all boys) and we still have a great time. Good luck and have a great time with your Mom.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:28 PM   #33
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
If I invite someone on a trip in my MH I first off, consider them guests. I know there are some concessions I have to make. If I wasn't willing to accommodate them, then I shouldn't have invited them to start with. I look at it as an adventure and they may never get the opportunity to do this again. Besides they're not moving in with you. It's only for a short time.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 09:38 PM   #34

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice View Post
We do this when having friends out.. find a campground with cabins, get a spot near said cabins. they stay in cabin at their cost, you pay for Rv spot, hang out etc @ Rv they go to their cabin for bathroom breaks and sleeping... works well..
Done that twice now, getting ready to do it again. It’s become a yearly escape for 3 couples. Each couple has their own space.

Tags
rving