Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #1765
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
I was just talking to Bob/Rebelsbeach and we were wondering why we haven't heard from the Amigos or Doc, their handler?

Hope all is well.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #1766
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I'm sorry I had completely missed the finish of their race have been paying all the attention to our new group the Hoot's but some where in all the posts this summer I did mention that it would be great if the two groups could manage to get together this winter because I believe they do cross path's in some of the resorts they are staying at this winter.
The AMIGO'S should be gathering soon with the winter now setting in these cold northern states.
I hope they are all in good health so we can follow their adventures this winter we need some one to keep our spirits warm this winter, I think global warming has left us this weekend.
What say you "Doc" the mixalegis, LugNut, we need a update of the AMIGO'S.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #1767

Wow, thanks for the wake up call!
I've been in Australia and New Zealand for the past two months franchising The 3 Amigos down under. The RV community in Aussie land, is all too familiar with the north American rascals. Finding exact duplicates of the infamous trio however, was quite a challenge. Finding 3 bodies to have the same personality and looks, I finally narrowed it down to two kangaroos and a wallaby.

The Amigos, are in fact, Florida bound to my knowledge. They are booked for a live appearance at the Tampa RV Show in early January. Plans for later in the new year are still being mapped out.

So, standby! Don't change the channel, keep it on irv2.com for all the latest antics!

The 3 Amigos (Now available in Extra Crispy or Original)

Peter
Old 12-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #1768

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Peter --

We have some discussion going on right now about the new Essex with the Freightliner Detroit Diesel DD 13 and the active steering tag axle. Not sure if you have followed this but if so, I am sure the Hoots would love to have your take on the engineering and performance of this model and configuration.

Current thread is called "2014 Essex with Detroit Diesel".

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #1769
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
When they build the tunnel to Aussie land via New Zealand???
Great to hear from you and all is well.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #1770

Thanks 007, I'm glad to be back. I tried to get that tunnel thing going, but when I asked for investments in cash only, the crowd dispersed.

Well, after being away so long on a 42 day cruise to Australia out of Seattle, and touring down under, I came home to a pile of 3 Amigos fan mail. Here’s some of the questions that were received and the subsequent answers.
Dear Blabby,

Question: I notice The 3 Amigos all drive 45’ coaches. Why?
Signed: Size Envy

Answer: They don’t make them 50’ yet!
Dear Blabby,

Question: I know you guys, particularly cwg, drive up mountains and run roads with no guardrails and 1000’ shear drops. How often do coaches like his, go over the side????

Signed: Cliff Fall

Answer: Only once!
Dear Blabby,

Question: Jetsmania, for some reason, loves the speed limits in Canada. So what has Canada got that the good ole U.S.A. does not?

Signed: Curious

Answer: Well, Curious, The Jets Man thinks that “Kilometer” is a Canadian Eskimo word for “Mile”. The majority of highways throughout Canada have a posted speed of 100 to 110, KMH. Crazy eh!
Dear Blabby

Question: I want to join the Amigos on the open road, but I need to buy a motor home. My wife won’t let me. She is going through, I think it’s called PMS, or something like that. The other night she told me that if I get a motor home she is going to leave me! So……..?

Signed MotorHomeSick

Answer: Well MH Sick, Yes, PMS is the correct word. Unfortunately, when that started being identified in women, they had to call it “PMS” as the name “Mad Cow Disease” was already taken. Sorry to hear of your wife’s ultimatum. I know you will miss her!

Dear Blabby,

Question: What ever happened to Lane, the former high ranking Amigo and fantastic cook??

Signed: Lois Lane

Answer: Funny you should ask! I just read in Time Magazine of Lane living in Tibet teaching under privileged children and unsuccessful mountain climbers of the joys of soap opera watching. From his modest home on the outskirts of Katmandu, John also teaches the art of kitting to Buda Monks. As John was quoted as saying “These are all days of our life!” John is expected to make a full recovery and return to the motor home circuit in the not too distant future.

Dear Blabby

Question: Is cwg’s name Chuck, really Charles??
Signed: C. Manson

Answer: No! His given name is actually “Cheryl Wonderboy”, but best we don’t go there! Chuck is better.

Well, that’s all the time I have for going through this mail right now. I will try and get through more, later.

Remember, try and be the person your dog thinks you are!

The 3 Amigos - Wishing A Happy Holiday To All (Well not the guy with the Prevost we trashed, or the jerk that thought the lawn sprinkler was the sewage hook up, but everybody else, I think)

Peter
Old 12-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #1771

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Great stuff!!!

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #1772
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
As the saying goes "You made my day" all's good on the Newmar forum the AMIGO'S have waken from the deep sleep.
Old 12-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #1773

007, I thought you would be shaken, not stirred!

Actually, I was to blame for the quiet spell. As I was going to be away for so long and the Amigos would be without adult supervision, I utilized the parental control on their computers. These guys just run amuck when you turn your back. And yes, The 3 Amigos will be loose in Florida again this winter!

The 3 Amigos Triple the Fun of One!

Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MH Car Carrier.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	52200  
Old 12-20-2013, 05:04 PM   #1774

Okay, this would fit well in "Spartan vrs. Freightliner" but it would be off topic as it is neither.

If Newmar goes fully Freightliner, this might be the solution. This is a '13 Prevost shell for sale, complete with Volvo D13 diesel engine and 6 speed Allison. It is a single slide, but an additional slide or two could be added. It is priced right and available.

Prevost has finally figured out closer to what motor home people like and updated some things. Gone is the instrument cluster that looked like one taken from a 1959 cement mixer. It has been replaced by a much more modern group. The SmartWheel has also found its way into their coach, replacing what looked like a commercial functional steering wheel. Park brakes that even engage the tag........................

So, how much do you think it would cost to completely finish this "Bad Boy"????? I wonder if Newmar would install a King Aire on top?

The 3 Amigos may just chip in and build this thing up!

Interesting........................!

Peter
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Prevost Shell3.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	52386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Prevost Shell2.jpg
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	52387  

Name:	2013 Shell.jpg
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	52388  
Old 02-27-2014, 08:03 AM   #1775
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Where are you all are you hibernating????
Time to get to it, need some stories.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:23 PM   #1776
cwg

I guess we have been hibernating and as this is nearing the end of groundhog month we can be called out on a warm and sunny day, just like ole Punxsutawney Phil.

I can't account for all of the Amigos, but I can add a few bits and pieces. First of all, Peter has disappeared totally off the radar. I suspect he is on another cruise to destinations unknown. As a former boat captain, he holds a fantasy of piloting a ship the size of the Concordia (recently back in the news during the captain's trial). He must have a vicarious thrill of being in a stateroom on the high seas, while thinking of the helm and wheel. Knowing him I am willing to bet he has arranged a special tour of that area, all the while explaining to the ship's officers how they might improve the efficiency of the engine.

John is in Florida and enjoying his brick and sticks home; it's sad to admit but we have not yet had a reunion as a partial group.

Paul is as busy as ever. He arranged a gathering for the Tampa Super show and we all enjoyed a few days there. He is posturing for a new King Aire and is going to put his 2012 King Aire on the market ( if it has not already been grabbed up). He has enough options on his rig to make it a show coach... hint, hint, for anyone looking for a neat motorhome with all the bling. I love the changing light show he can put on.

For those able to escape this winter's wrath, it has been a good time to be in Florida. For all of you I hope Spring is right around the corner.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:16 PM   #1777
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Wonderful cwg its great to hear everyone is in motion and Peter is on the high sea's some where after AUSTRALIA trip, must be crossing the Atlantic by now.
You can tell Paul he has a couple of new King Aire buddies on the forum now he is not alone.
Sure miss the Tampa shows we had fun but travel days can't last for ever.
You guy's enjoy the warm weather and sunny days we are getting ready for more snow and a other wintery blast coming Monday in old N.E. and the mid-west.

We will be waiting in anticipation for the arrival of your leader Lug_Nut, Peter.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:42 PM   #1778

I am on the radar! I have shed my stealth like costume.

I just arrived in Lewiston Idaho after a smooth trip over Snoqualmie Pass only to hit heavy snow with little visibility for the last 80 miles. Lewiston is raining only while 2000 feet above the city, up the 6 mile 7% grade, it's snowing to beat the band.

We are here for some family time until Tuesday when we will make the trek back home again. I was originally hoping to get to RiverBend for the March 1st RV show, but that boat is sailing as we speak.

The season is flying by..............So probably will not be in Florida until November 3rd. I'm hoping the Amigos will be down again, already for the next season, and we can break bread together.

The hotel I'm in has internet that makes dial-up seem like high speed DSL! So, allow me to cut this short and expand when I get back to the space station the middle of next week.

Hello Chuck and Paul. Miss you guys! We will soon be united, somewhere, sometime, somehow!

The 3 Amigos Live and In Color!

Peter

Tags
the 3 amigos;