Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2008, 08:01 PM   #43

Quote:
Hey Chuck
Quote:
Hey Chuck
Hi! Since it is Wild Turkey season in Kentucky, and our Amigo has bagged one with a bow, he will only answer to the name RAMBO!! Paul
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2008, 02:53 AM   #44
Administrator Emeritus

Paul... you're teasing us with your last post.

Your signature says "coach-less" yet you say you Dan sold you something...

Shouldn't your signature say "new xxx on order" now?

House hunting will take a back seat this week I guess, as I'm playing in a three day "divot digging" event which starts on Tuesday... It's an "end of the season" event for my club and they say it's always a load of fun.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:28 AM   #45
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I'm playing in a three day "divot digging" event
I hear your old Virginia Beach club laid off 3 greens keepers when you moved south.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 09:14 AM   #46

Quote:
Your signature says "coach-less"
Hi! Well we are Coachless! I didn't think that we would post our new coach until we actually had it. We have changed our signature to reflect our order. North Trail has been great to work with. We will not be taking delivery until Sept. due to the time we devote to our business in the summer. Paul
Old 04-20-2008, 10:06 AM   #47
Administrator Emeritus

Congrats on the new order Paul... Several other folks had listed "on order" as a status and I thought it'd be nice for you as well...
Also, your comments or kudos on North Trail's sales AND service department are right on, I would just NEVER EVER use their consignment department again.

While they were indeed successful in selling my coach, I have no idea what they sold it for, how much they took for a commission or anything as ALL I RECEIVED was a check in an envelope. No letter of accounting, or anything. My accountant is fit to be tied as he's never seen the likes of such a manner to deal with people.
As I said in the start of this paragraph, I had ZERO issues when I bought the coach, ZERO issues with their service department who I feel are a wonderful bunch of guys, it's just that their consignment department needs a little "once over" on the merits of good customer service.

I hope to be able to trek west next season and spend some time with the now famous "Amigos" in their prime.

Don't worry about me, or any of those issues with North Trail as it's all water under the bridge now and we'll move on.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:10 AM   #48
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Route 66:
I hear your old Virginia Beach club laid off 3 greens keepers when you moved south.
Yeah, but these guys here in Hobe Sound certainly consider me as the best thing they've seen in regard to their job security.

As long as I'm around there will always be something to fix on the golf course....
Old 04-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #49

Well, I'm back in the far north. Not bad temps up here, 75 F. Florida's 85+ this time of year is just a little too much for me. How do you golf in those high humid temps Bob?

Peter
Old 04-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #50
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
How do you golf in those high humid temps Bob?
Actually Peter, I was born and raised in the Virginia Beach,VA area where it's much more humid than here in Florida.

Our course is in Hobe Sound,FL and is only about a mile west of the Ocean as the crow flies, so we get the ocean breeze that is a double edged sword most days. While it serves to keep the air "moving" and the heat not so bad, it also serves to make for some pretty interesting golf shots.... One must always allow for the wind, whether it's "helping you at your back" or "hurting" you as it blows straight at you.

Beats the snot outta working, any which way you slice it!
Old 04-26-2008, 11:23 AM   #51
Administrator Emeritus

Peter, HERE is the link to Barrymore's in Juno Beach....

I came across it and figured you might want to save it to your favorites.....

We're headed there tonight for a little fine wine, a (not Kobe) steak or some seafood...
Old 04-27-2008, 03:04 PM   #52

Thanks Bob. Reading about the South African lobster tail has made me hungry again, and I just finished dinner, but I guess you have to eat the steak there by the sounds of it.
Thanks again.

Peter
Old 05-06-2008, 05:47 AM   #53
cwg

Not too much to report about the "Wild" side of the Amigos lately. I'm at the Spartan factory for some annual maintenance and soon to join up with "Jetsmania" at Newmar to help them pick out some colors for their new coach. From the sound of things, it is very crowded there and even though I have an appointment for service, we may have a hard time finding a spot to land on.

The only thing we have planned is all of us joining a group of HR rally goers for an Amish dinner on a farm tomorrow evening... the fact that no alcohol will be involved precluded us from inviting the good doctor Peter. After all, if he is aboard the new vessel and greater than 3 miles offshore, he will not be subject to a breathalyzer.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:08 AM   #54

Oh yeh, Chuck, we completed the deal and took her up into her hurricane protected summer location. Drinks are not served until evening tie up. Hmmmmm...seems we are docking earlier and earlier.
No, seriously Cherrie and I made the trip and are on our way north via air tomorrow.

Oh, oh! The Amigos (at least two) will be loose in Napanee. Oh my! Get the kids off the streets and lock up the women! Hope you get all your stuff fixed up.

Paul, By the way, the LED light replacements will not operate at 6 volts, therefore no dimming is possible. Good luck on your selection of options and colors. At least you have Jill, Chuck and Sherry to help you.

Peter
Old 05-06-2008, 11:41 AM   #55

lug - LED Dimmers, while you can't run a 12v LED at 6v like an incandescent bulb, here's a supplier of LED Dimmers.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #56

Thanks Jeff, great info. I don't know how one could employ a dimmer given Newmar's current way of dimming.

Peter

Tags
the 3 amigos;