Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2017, 02:20 PM   #2073

Newmar Owners Club
I remember both Bob's adventure and Peter's turbo wiper incident. In fact, he took merciless barbs from this forum.

That said, the most frustrating things are those that are self-inflicted usually through rushing or just plain idiocy.

I used to be hyper Type A about my coach and knowing the myriad manuals. Many of you will remember me as quite geeky and detailed. I even created a check list for set-up and take-down AND had it laminated. I even timed them like a pit stop. (probably should have been in therapy) Had to keep to the schedule to get down to the FLA from Buffalo.

One particular take-down the slide-outs just wouldn't come in. I am growing furious as I can't figure it out. I am under the coach resetting slide out modules, I'm on this forum asking for help getting very technical suggestions. I'm calling Newmar. At least 2 hours of troubleshooting.

Turns out I had started the coach before bringing the slide-outs in. (if this isn't on page one of the manual it is sure in the single digits) Someone on this great forum mentioned this and I turned bright red even though no one could actually see me except my family.

Humbled and once again shifted on the type A/B continuum which RVing has a way of doing. I was very honest on this forum about my bonehead move and as usual everyone laughed with me not at me.

I have opened slideouts into spigots and created a gusher, drove away plugged in, closed a slide with a cabinet door open, received a diesel bath because I didn't open both fuel doors at a Flying J commercial pump, and more. Wait, why am I getting back into this again???!!!
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2017, 02:35 PM   #2074
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have had a lot of friends pull the same thing Scott but not I, I wouldn't do such a thing.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 07:47 AM   #2075
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
There are 2 kinds of RVers;

Those of us that have done dumb stuff and,

those that won't admit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaJelly View Post
I remember both Bob's adventure and Peter's turbo wiper incident. In fact, he took merciless barbs from this forum.

That said, the most frustrating things are those that are self-inflicted usually through rushing or just plain idiocy.

I used to be hyper Type A about my coach and knowing the myriad manuals. Many of you will remember me as quite geeky and detailed. I even created a check list for set-up and take-down AND had it laminated. I even timed them like a pit stop. (probably should have been in therapy) Had to keep to the schedule to get down to the FLA from Buffalo.

One particular take-down the slide-outs just wouldn't come in. I am growing furious as I can't figure it out. I am under the coach resetting slide out modules, I'm on this forum asking for help getting very technical suggestions. I'm calling Newmar. At least 2 hours of troubleshooting.

Turns out I had started the coach before bringing the slide-outs in. (if this isn't on page one of the manual it is sure in the single digits) Someone on this great forum mentioned this and I turned bright red even though no one could actually see me except my family.

Humbled and once again shifted on the type A/B continuum which RVing has a way of doing. I was very honest on this forum about my bonehead move and as usual everyone laughed with me not at me.

I have opened slideouts into spigots and created a gusher, drove away plugged in, closed a slide with a cabinet door open, received a diesel bath because I didn't open both fuel doors at a Flying J commercial pump, and more. Wait, why am I getting back into this again???!!!

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:26 AM   #2076
Administrator Emeritus

My all time award winning favorite was when I got in a hurry when I was tying down the Hummer H3 in the stacker trailer and instead of using the bumper tie down hooks, I used the axles instead and then lowered the inside elevator down to a point just above the Hummer...

Never knew any different until one day a week or so later I was standing on the back bumper to wash the roof and I saw these two very long parallel dents in the roof from where the two floor struts had beaten on the roof as the Hummer bounced down the road.....

Never did get them fixed, someone at the dealer was very surprised after I traded it, but I never heard another word.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:47 PM   #2077

Bob, Your Hummer was your version of Customized by Crinkle.

You are probably in good company as I believe many would not realize the need to tie down the sprung portion of the vehicle if any close tolerances are present. I bet the axles survived just fine.:thumb

The 3 Amigos -

Peter
Old 10-29-2017, 07:59 PM   #2078
cwg

I am a bit late to the party as last week we returned from Fort Benning, Georgia, for the first reunion of my class of Officers Candidate School. It was 48 years ago that we graduated and I thought most of us went to Vietnam in some capacity but was surprised some went to other duty stations as in Korea and Germany. I guess the reunion organizers decided we had better get together before we got too old to assemble.

I had to chime in on a couple of things. Peter was correct in mentioning that RVDude was often in Breckenridge, Colorado. I met him there at Tiger Run RV resort and he was a very nice fellow and great resource of knowledge who loved Colorado most when the snow was up to his windows. He skied there in the winter; summers might find him dry camping at the Copper Mountain ski resort parking lot when Tiger Run was full of owners and reserved sites. He had the first all white Essex I had ever seen. I wonder if being a full timer ran its course and he moved on?

I saw where Rebelsbeach posted a picture of me cycling when I was probably a few pounds lighter than now. Wish I could cast away the food demons that make me eat too much these days. Since Bob will be at our park this winter I can keep my eye on him and report any misbehaving!

One thing of note: Any of you going this week to Nappanee should see Jetsmania and Jill there. He takes factory delivery of his new KingAire mid week ( 5th or 6th, I can't keep up with them) Also, please smoke him out and get him to report in after a few days of getting lined out at Newmar. He has dropped out of the Amigos' discourse for some reason, and it's not probably even a bona fide good one like Lane had when he went into a fixed stick and mortar home. I'm sure Rebelsbeach will have something to report on him as we will be in close proximity to him this winter. Peter, it will be hard not to have you there also this season.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 01:00 PM   #2079
Administrator Emeritus

Chuck, I think the pic I posted was from 2009.... I've changed a bit since then as well, I think I'm collecting chins as I've surely found another one that I need to get rid of....

We are indeed excited to be heading south soon, although we'll only stay until just before Thanksgiving and I've just been told by the bestie, that three of the four weekends in December we have events to attend so it's most likely going to be right after the New Year when we head back...
We were planning on just doing an overnight in Savannah on the way to our Wednesday the 15th appointment at North Trail, but "she who makes the decisions" has mentioned that she'd like to explore Savannah, so we'll most likely head down a few days earlier...

While I know I'm not presently in a Newmar, I'm afraid that wintering in Fort Myers, which is the home of one of the largest Newmar dealers, just might whet her appetite for all those bells and whistles....

Besides, without a Newmar, I'll only be able to drive the "towed" to see Paul as "coaches with hoods" aren't welcomed at Pelican Lakes.

Seems kind of odd to own an RV and not need to be in Nappanee in the winter time.... I am reminded, of course that my Renegade is made in nearby Bristol, Indiana.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:03 PM   #2080

Chuck, great to hear you pop in! Yes, get that Jet Head to squeak up! He may have had too many King Aires and O.D. on them! We might have to send him to rehab again. You know that place that projects photo's of old Bounder motor homes to brainwashing you into not lusting after the super high lines.

I know that North Trail can't wait for Paul to get his new coach down to Florida quickly so they can give him the trade-in value against his next one!

Bob, Don't worry, Walmart has not yet changed all their Florida locations to class A only, just a handful so far!

The 3 Amigos - - Still

Peter
Old 10-31-2017, 03:50 PM   #2081
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
Bob, Don't worry, Walmart has not yet changed all their Florida locations to class A only, just a handful so far!

The 3 Amigos - - Still

Peter
ZINNNNNNNNGGGGGG
Old 11-02-2017, 08:39 PM   #2082

Hey Bob! If you are headed to Chuck's villa I hope he can get you a 3 Amigos Official Repair Kit. With a new rig, albeit a truck disguised as an RV, you will need to carry some tools for on-the-road issues.

Don't waste time lugging heavy tools around when you can accomplish the same with a 1 lbs. kit!

What is this wonder pack of super tools you ask?

The 3 Amigos Wonder Repair Kit

Ingredients:

A) 1 - Spray can of 3 Amigos Wonder 40 (WD-40 with a stick on 3 Amigos wrapper)

B) 1 - Family sized roll of duct tape (Well, just duct tape, but color options may be available)

Directions:

1) - If component or part on the RV that should move does not, spray with WD-40

2) - If component or part on the RV moves but should not, wrap it with duct tape,

Caution: DO NOT operate the 3 Amigos Wonder Repair Kit without first reading and fully understanding the above "Operation Directions".
Keep out of reach of both children and Amigos. Do not operate heavy farm machinery after......Well I guess this is just good advice anyway 'cause we have issues just driving a freakin RV.

The 3 Amigos Wonder Repair Kit - Only $19.95 a month for just 60 months and you can own this "Fix Anything Tool Kit"

BUT WAIT! If you order within the next decade, we will also send you an additional "Kit" absolutely free. Just pay separate shipping, handling, packaging, inspecting, final checking, etc. Just $1,676.95.

The 3 Amigos - - The Newmar Nomads

Peter
Old 11-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #2083
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
EXCELLENT, The 3 Amigos Wonder Repair Kit, ADD FOR EVERYONE
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:44 PM   #2084
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
Hey Bob! If you are headed to Chuck's villa I hope he can get you a 3 Amigos Official Repair Kit. With a new rig, albeit a truck disguised as an RV, you will need to carry some tools for on-the-road issues.

Don't waste time lugging heavy tools around when you can accomplish the same with a 1 lbs. kit!

What is this wonder pack of super tools you ask?

The 3 Amigos Wonder Repair Kit
:
The 3 Amigos Wonder Repair Kit - Only $19.95 a month for just 60 months and you can own this "Fix Anything Tool Kit"

BUT WAIT! If you order within the next decade, we will also send you an additional "Kit" absolutely free. Just pay separate shipping, handling, packaging, inspecting, final checking, etc. Just $1,676.95.

The 3 Amigos - - The Newmar Nomads

Peter
As I'm not one of dem there highfalutin Newmar owners, I have to add "bubble gum" to my repair kit as I'm not able to rub enough penny faces to pay for no Double D 40.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:25 PM   #2085
cwg

Peter, You still have not related where you are to spend the winter.

But if you were to bring extra 3 Amigo repair kits, we could join the vendor group at the Tampa Super Show. We could set up between the pots and pans merchants and the Super glue hucksters. Than purchasers could bond the pans together for travels on the road... there is nothing worse than the clanking, banging, and rattling of these items while traversing the infra structure of American highways.

And if you were to come and join into our community this winter we could set up on the cul-de-sac as every month when we have a yard sale. (They generally accomplish trading one's junk for another's.) Everybody would want a repair kit with all the essentials you have listed. If we did well enough in sales, Bob could move back into a Newmar once again. I can see " Shark Tank" in our future! Just a thought.... And just maybe Jetsmania might even come to visit and man our street-side table every now and then. I will have to police our gate crew a little better this time however: The last time he came to visit in one of his new KingAire's, he followed me in and stopped dutifully at the guardhouse as I had done. They told him to proceed through the opened arm of the gate. As he drove forward they dropped it raking along the side of the highly cut and buffed clear coat. ( true story).
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:54 PM   #2086

Chuck, Plans are still in the mill at this time! Stay tuned for upcoming news!

So, you are soon to be joined by non other than the Rebelsbeach! I realize you will have him in your gated community, but............I hope you know that he was in one in Virginia Beach.........And it couldn't hold him, he escaped! So better double your guards!

My Amigos decoder ring tells me that Jetsmania is in Nappanee. I guess they don't have internet there as we are receiving little from him!

Who was your gate guard? Wally World's (Late) John Candy? I guess the buff and cut had an addition treatment.....the gouge and scrape! No wonder Paul had to dump his last ride!

Chuck, Any word on Lane? He's been on the lam for some time now. Word on the street is he may be driving a "B" coach with King Aire emblems and answers to the name of "The Bean Counter."

Peter..........

Tags
the 3 amigos;