Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2018, 09:29 PM   #2157

Hey! Thanks akadeadeye, for your support.

As the smoke clears, one must ask if an agenda is afoot. Why this unwarranted challenge?

This Just In: Lane, the long lost Amigo is apparently in the process of negotiating a meeting and get together with the Amigos. (Well, not me, just them) This summit is to be held at an undisclosed location on a date yet to be confirmed.

Now let's recap. Certain actors are trying to derail The 3 Amigos 10 year lifeline! The question is why!

Lane, returning from his disappearance many years ago? Coincidence? Maybe! Or perhaps not!

Stay tuned, the plot is thickening!

Is this an end run from an outsider or is it an internal run?

The 1 Lone Amigo -

Peter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PM.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	685.9 KB
ID:	189672  
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2018, 05:14 AM   #2158
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Lookin' good there, Peter.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 05:53 AM   #2159
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post

As the smoke clears, one must ask if an agenda is afoot. Why this unwarranted challenge?

Now let's recap. Certain actors are trying to derail The 3 Amigos 10 year lifeline! The question is why!

Is this an end run from an outsider or is it an internal run?

The 1 Lone Amigo -

Peter
Peter, All I did was relate a conversation I had with Dirk about the lack of posts in the Amigo thread and I then made mention in the forums that the Amigos have enjoyed a long run and now you're saying I have an agenda?
Nothing sir could be further from the truth, especially given the fact that Amigo Chuck was the one that gave me the strawberry picture to post.

And just to correct your "one lone Amigo" assertion, Chuck, Paul and Lane were always the Amigos weren't they? You were always their "mixologist handler" as far as I recall....

With my long and storied history in both Newmar and iRV2, I'm a bit dismayed that you've fired a shot across my bow, when in fact all I was making an attempt to do was state what would even be obvious to Stevie Wonder....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:00 PM   #2160

Hi! Ok Kids, let's stop fighting Chuck has been driving me crazy to learn how to turn on my computer. So I had my wife show me how. Our handler is getting a little cranky up in Canada We need him to fly down here and warm up. Then we can set up a meeting between him and Bob (our founder of IRV2) and let them play nice with each other. Chuck and I will sit by and watch On another note, it is great to see the forum alive and well. Bob, when he founded it, probably never imagined it lasting this long, and growing the way it has. Regards, Paul
Old 01-23-2018, 03:19 PM   #2161
Administrator Emeritus

Bill Rowell actually "founded" the forum, I bought in as a partner some years later.... But THANK YOU JILL for showing Paul the on and off button!!
Old 01-23-2018, 03:53 PM   #2162
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Lookin' good there, Peter.

I have to say the same Dirk he has a few more white hairs but still has them, looks not as slim, must be the weather over in Vancouver, BC.
I am trying to survive with spare parts and this guy never seems to age.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 06:30 PM   #2163
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post

I am trying to survive with spare parts and this guy never seems to age.
The mixologist knows how to mix em.... Must be the secret to his success.
Old 01-23-2018, 06:38 PM   #2164
Administrator Emeritus

Might I graciously interrupt this presentation of "Amigos are us" to announce some pretty important "Snowbird" news.....

The bestie and I have passed all of the tests placed before us by Amigo Chuck and his lovely bride and as a result we've been given permission to become owners in the northernmost Florida Amigo Abode....Neither Amigo Chuck or I would be permitted to inhabit the southernmost Amigo abode as Amigo Paul has that prime distinction.

I should've known that I was in trouble when I rented a lakefront lot for the bestie's "first" RV experience and now it's official. We have placed a deposit on a lakefront lot in Cypress Woods and we'll become owners on March 15th.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming....
Old 01-24-2018, 03:56 PM   #2165

Paul. it's great to see you post!!! Even though it took till the feathers were flying! See all the fun you have been missing?

I was left a voicemail that you were sending The 3 Amigos G-5 to transport me down to the Sunshine state. Well..................When I went to the airport there was no Gulfstar G-5 there. Instead was (See below) this thing. Apparently the driver, or puller if you like, name is Lee Chive............Oh Lee Chive, I thought it sounded like G-5

Anyway, according to Lee, the travel time from here to your neck of the woods will take about 7 or 8 months.

Congrats to Bob on the purchase of the Cypress Woods real estate. It is a beautiful park!

Chuck, Now that Jetmania has his computer turned on, ask Jill not to show him how to turn it off. That way he will check in as required regularly.

OOPS! Gotta Go!

Peter
Attached Images

Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:03 AM   #2166
Administrator Emeritus

Seems there is a bit of "mystery" surrounding the woman I call my "bestie" and while it's not an "Amigo" subject per se, I thought I'd post a pic here of the two of us.... There has been some rumblings of an Amigo reunion here in south Florida, but I'll have to wait and see if Chuck can pull it off.... Maybe we'll all have to plan on attending an event at the Barbara Mann Theater as I've seen security cam footage of Amigo Lane and his lovely wife in attendance there.
As long as there aren't "fairies" dancing on the stage, I'm in!!

Here's a pic of the bestie and I, we were in a limo and headed to a concert last year.... As many men would attest, I'm with a woman "way out of my league" and loving every minute!!

Old 01-27-2018, 06:06 AM   #2167
Administrator Emeritus

Today is a banner day in the world of all things Amigo, for today in Naples, FL there will be a gathering of TWO....yes TWO of the now famous Newmar Amigos. I am proud to have been asked to serve as honorary chauffeur to Amigo Chuck, in his quest to meet with Amigo Paul today at the Pelican Lake RV Show.
Whether or not I will be allowed to witness this exciting event remains to be seen, as I might be delegated to stand guard over the Amigo mobile, in order that bystanders not leave their fingerprints on the now famous speedster.

You heard it here first.... With two of the Amigos gathering, one can only hope that Amigo Lane can break away from his busy schedule of shows at the Barbara Mann Theater and once again complete "The Three Amigos", live and in technicolor.

Perhaps a Valentines Day dinner affair would draw Amigo Lane to the table?

Stay tuned!!!
Old 01-27-2018, 06:58 PM   #2168
Administrator Emeritus

The weather was beautiful for our trip down to Pelican Lake for the Newmar show and meeting.... It was very interesting to hear several Newmar folks tell the future and direction of Newmar for the next few years.... Michelle from the design team was there, as well as Ron from Engineering and Ken Williamson who is the highline sales manager.

There were several pics taken at today's event.... Here's a sighting of Amigo Chuck and Amigo Paul, standing in front of Amigo Paul's 2018 King Aire.

Not to be left in the dust and knowing that every coach that Amigo Paul has ever owned has been "for sale" from the minute he bought it, I "posed" with the King Aire, just to get the feeling....

Paul was a very gracious host and he gave Chuck and I the cooks tour of the facilities at Pelican Lake.

All in all a great day, We thoroughly enjoyed touring the other manufacturers coaches, as well as the King Aire, Mountain Aire and Dutch Star that North Trail had brought down....
Old 01-28-2018, 11:50 AM   #2169
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Peter, how about a Amigos history lesson?

1. How did the 3 Amigos meet one another? At Newmar, Florida, Walmart, prison?

2. How did you meet them and become their handler?

3. I believe you bestowed the 3 Amigos title upon them.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:44 PM   #2170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Peter, how about a Amigos history lesson?

1. How did the 3 Amigos meet one another? At Newmar, Florida, Walmart, prison?

2. How did you meet them and become their handler?

3. I believe you bestowed the 3 Amigos title upon them.
Well Kirk, that was a long time ago, about 10 years, but I will give it a shot.

1) I believe Jetsmania met Lane, probably because both had '07 Mountain Aire coaches at that time. In all likelihood they met up at either the Newmar factory service or at North Trail RV in Fort Myers Fl. Meeting while having a coach repaired was a social thing that was practiced often as stuff needed fixing. In fact, thanks to the '07 cooling fan package, some owners became very social!

Then Paul met up with Chuck. I believe that took place at the Tampa Super Show. At some stage thereafter, Chuck met John, and so the 3 Amigos came to pass and the peasants rejoiced throughout the land!

The 3 Amigos camps were strategically geographically located in Naples, Fort Myers, and LaBelle Florida, at least for the season.

There were also some groupies, or associate Amigos that would on occasion hang out with the 3 Amigos and the Doc. Two I recall were Frank Freihofer and, of course, Rebelsbeach. Sadly Frank (BigBlock), passed away at only 55 a short time after a Colorado run with two of the Amigos.

Interestingly, all 3 Amigos, the Doc, Frank, and Rebelsbeach had 2007 Newmar coaches.

Paul - 2007 Mountain Aire
Chuck - 2007 Essex
John - 2007 Mountain Aire
Doc - 2007 Essex
Frank - 2007 Essex (Special 41')
Bob - 2007 Essex

2) I think I met the motley crew through John and Pam Lane that were up the road from my lot in RiverBend LaBelle Florida. I had also answered an ad that stated "Wanted an experienced handler familiar with managing..........Well... Wildlife! Previous experience in the handling of apes with big boy toys, not necessary, but may be helpful."

3) I was not the person that was responsible in the naming of The 3 Amigos.

I believe it was actually Rebelsbeach that started that one. I say started because I think the first name he tried to hang on them was The 3 Stooges. That went over like inverted mirrors on a Newmar! Needless to say, the name The 3 Amigos was adopted. So were normal mirrors on Newmars, albeit years later!

So, that's my best recollection of those days. But, subject to popular belief that the 3 Amigos don't travel so much anymore or have slowed down, nothing is further from the truth! I still RV 15,000 miles a year. Jetsmania gets about 25,000 miles to a coach. Chuck.......Well Chuck may actually open his awning out this season, only time will tell. John is getting RV reborn as he sets out on the open road of life with a B class rig. And groupie Bob.....Well he's truckin' too!

The 3 Amigos - - Still Roaming The Country

Doc
Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
the 3 amigos;