Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2018, 05:13 PM   #2185
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Bub, I mean Bob, it's trapshooting, not skeet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsbeach View Post
Speaking of "never met a stranger" happenings.... Yesterday afternoon I was chatting with my neighbor whose license plates indicate he is from Maryland... He mentioned to me that his wife had retired from the University of Delaware, so...remembering that my long time buddy Kirk....err...Dirk, makes weekly visits to the U of D Creamery (fancy name for ice cream shack), I asked if he knew of the Creamery.... Of course he did!!!
I spoke of Dirk and the fact that he was a skeet shooter who had been an RV'er in years past.
I pulled out my cell phone and gave Dirk...err....yeah Dirk a call and handed the phone to Jim and they talked for what seemed like fifteen minutes about old times.... Was really neat to sit and listen to those guys and watch Jim's face as he recounted old times....

Rv'ing has brought many a good time to me and my family..... Glad I was able to convince the bestie to get back in it while we still can make some more memories.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2018, 06:24 PM   #2186
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Bub, I mean Bob, it's trapshooting, not skeet.
Yeah ok.... ya got me. No high and low house in trap and five shots from five stations, but ya still shoot at something flying through the air.

rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:37 AM   #2187

Quote:
Yeah ok.... ya got me. No high and low house in trap and five shots from five stations, but ya still shoot at something flying through the air.

either way, just don't bring dick cheney....

willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:12 PM   #2188
cwg

Here is a shot from this evening's beautiful sunset. Ed and Tess arrived today into our campground and we all went out for a seafood dinner along the Caloosahatchee River. The waitress was engaging and so was enthralled with Bob that she gave us free desserts. I refused... but the peer pressure overwhelmed me and I had to try some!
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:33 PM   #2189
Administrator Emeritus

Boy, those Amigos really do have special powers.... Here's the same pic, but taken with MY phone. I'm guessing the Amigo decoder ring has to be activated, in order to show the Amigo and his followers.

Old 02-01-2018, 06:18 AM   #2190

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Really?

Quote:
enthralled with Bob

Old 02-01-2018, 08:12 AM   #2191
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Really?
And I thought I was just a legend in my own mind.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:46 AM   #2192

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Obviously she mistakenly thought you were associated with the 3 Amigos.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:42 AM   #2193
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Obviously she mistakenly thought you were associated with the 3 Amigos.
Isn't it your nap time?
Old 02-01-2018, 04:05 PM   #2194

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
2 naps today.

Quote:
Isn't it your nap time?

Old 02-03-2018, 09:15 AM   #2195
Administrator Emeritus

Haven't watched much of the National Felon League this year, but I can't turn down a chance to hang with TWO of the world famous Amigos, so the bestie and I will be heading to Pelican Lake tomorrow for a Super Bowl party.

Heck, even I can rough it in Pelican Lakes for a few hours.

I was asked today whether I had read anything from the world renown "Amigos handler" and I had to stop and think..... So, that begs the question...

WHERE'S LUGNUT??
Old 02-04-2018, 09:36 AM   #2196

I am here! Well, obviously I'm not there!

So the Jetsmania is throwing his world famous Super Bowl Tailgater Bash!

Paul's parties gather hundreds. There will be more people there than Freightliner has tag axle alignment complaints.

Below is a photo from my Super Bowl Party last year. As you can see it drew quite a crowd..............If it wasn't for the wooden fisherman the dog and I might have got lonely.

So think of me guys while you're hoisting your brew.

The 3 Amigos...........................The Doc Has Left The Building!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5413.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	310.2 KB
ID:	191156  
Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 11:12 AM   #2197
cwg

Shucks Peter. That was a pretty lonely Super Bowl Party you had last year. You are so far north only fishermen and Native Americans inhabit that part of the world! Now if you had staged an ice hockey tournament you would have had the number of eaters that Paul staged. Bob,myself, and our respective ladies made the run to Naples and had a good time. But it was all about which team one was pulling for. The Patriot fans were shouted down by those rooting for the underdog.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:16 PM   #2198
cwg

A group of fellow Newmar owners had a super time today visiting North Trail RV at Fort Myers, FL. Even Rebelsbeach accompanied us ( we are hoping it is just a matter of time until he returns to the Newmar family).

The event is a four day celebration of the opening of the new sales office. The facility is top notch and done quite well. It was catered by Mission BBQ, a local restaurant known for great food. They served pulled pork, pulled chicken, and brisket, all of which was presented with mac and cheese, baked beans, green beans, corn bread, and on and on. Not meaning to slight the other fare of hot dogs, hamburgers, etc., it was what the RV crowd is known for ..... FOOD!

The obvious purpose was to show off the neat facility but also allow the public to tour all the lines of towables and motorized rvs. It was rather like a mini Tampa supershow; Freightliner and Spartan had full sized chassis' on site with knowledgeable reps. Other exhibitors were there to show their wares like Blue Ox, braking systems, et. al. We were able to introduce some newer Newmar owners to Ken Williamson, a name they had heard but never had the pleasure to see him in the flesh.

Kudos to North Trail for hosting the event. It will continue through tomorrow so anyone local may enjoy seeing the whole shooting match.

Tags
the 3 amigos;