RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #1

Bob, just pulled into River Bend with the new LADP. It is beutiful and seems huge. He will be sorting and reloading the coach tonight and probably most of tomorrow.
I was down to Pelican Lake today for the high end show. I got a chance to check out another LADP. It was not the bath and a half as Bob's is. I'm looking forward to seeing Bob's new buggy in the light of day tomorrow.

I also got to meet Roadpilot (Dick) and Jean in Pelican. They have a nice site there and were real nice.

Peter

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #2

Bob, just pulled into River Bend with the new LADP. It is beutiful and seems huge. He will be sorting and reloading the coach tonight and probably most of tomorrow.
I was down to Pelican Lake today for the high end show. I got a chance to check out another LADP. It was not the bath and a half as Bob's is. I'm looking forward to seeing Bob's new buggy in the light of day tomorrow.

I also got to meet Roadpilot (Dick) and Jean in Pelican. They have a nice site there and were real nice.

Peter

Old 01-26-2007, 03:43 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Wow! Bob must be tuckered out. I thought his PDI was today and tomorrow. I guess he is a fast learner.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:54 PM   #4

I think he is planning to be at the factory early February, so can probably learn even more up there, but I will let him post his schedule when he gets around to it and decides his time frames.

Peter
Old 01-27-2007, 03:35 PM   #5
Administrator Emeritus

The Eagle has indeed landed....

I had a full day of PDI yesterday with Jason from Newmar...We went through everything,especially concentrating on the "differences" from the Essex.
Jason followed me back to River Bend last night in order to make sure the the trailer cam wiring for the Stacker worked properly. The gang from North Trail moved the switcher box and switch from the Essex to the LA...Not as easy as it sounds since there are so many camera feeds on the LA...

Jason found a bad part on my Oasis system that prevented the furnace or the hot water from operating at all...He called Oasis and they FLEW out a tech with the part from Washington
State basically flying all night and getting here in Florida this morning...He got to River Bend in a rental car around 10 and after fixing the part went over the operation with me and answered ALL and ANY questions....AMAZING!!

I ended up working a few hours last night,then most of the day today getting everything unpacked and put away....The "Eagle" has indeed landed and will be headed to Virginia tomorrow morning...

Scheduled to be in Nappanee on Monday the 5th for a punchlist of items we found and a couple of specials I asked for...
The closet rod is one piece and high mounted,without the double hanging as in the Essex...Jason said he would take care of that mod for me...
There are several more things I'll add later...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Bob, Do you have any insight on why Newmar went with the Oasis as opposed to the Hydro or Aqua Hot systems. I think it is super they fixed it so fast, is that the norm for London Aire or because of you past issues?
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 03:58 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Bob,
You must be one happy and tired fellow. Get a good night's sleep. Best of luck on your first long drive, back home.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 04:04 PM   #8
Administrator Emeritus

John....I honestly figured it was because I bought a Newmar....

I want to also add a thought here...
Having read some posts in regard to North Trail's sales and service,I want to add here that I have been extremely satisfied with the way I've been treated,from the very first day I stopped there and met Diesel Dan,then Terry from service coming to my rescue and right up until yesterday when I left there with the new coach.
Old 01-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
Bobby, is there a particular reason you are going to Nappanee for punch list items, couldn't the North Trails group handle it, or maybe yer old Newmar dealer ?

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 05:37 PM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

Steve, there are several issues that Jason wanted the gang in Nappanee to tackle, that have to do more with upgrades than real issues or problems...The gang at North Trail could've have handled most of them, but remember this is the snowbird season for them as well and they've been swamped...
I do have a paint issue on the upper street side of the coach,where the caulk meets the top and side of the coach, which obviously will need to be addressed in Nappanee.
As I mentioned, I've asked for several "specials" to be performed, such as the adding of a half height rod in the closet to facilitate a double hanging area for pants on hangers and golf shirts....The Essex had this and it essentially "doubles up" the closet space on that one side.
All in all, there are many very small things that, by going to Nappanee I can get taken care of in good time....

I'm actually just looking for a chance to get to the local buffet one more time, but don't tell Newmar!!

I'm pooped gang....catch ya'll tomorrow night if I feel up to it, but most likely Monday some time.

Oh....forgot to mention the Eaton Vorad's Smart Cruise feature,where you can set the dial to keep your distance from the vehicle in front while on cruise control....With the jake switch active, it actuallys slows you down....WILD!!

If I could get it to steer I'd be all set!!
Old 01-27-2007, 06:19 PM   #11

Mid Atlantic Campers
Sorry Bob, I saw in another post it was because of the many upgrades, makes good sense to me. have a safe trip and enjoy !

Oh by the way, you must be an expert at changing over coachs by now, LMAO, better you then me

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:23 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you could get it to steer, I thought that was one job you didn't want to give up from your fire days.
Many safe travels and don't let those comfortable seats put you to sleep.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:27 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Safe travels back to good old Virginia, Bob.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:13 AM   #14

Best of luck after a long ordeal. All your posts on your problems are bound to help others with the K2.
Brand new London Aire to the factory for upgrades,go figure.lol

Spoonman is offline   Reply With Quote