Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #1

Thinking about a new fridge.

We will be replaceing a windshield very soon (drivers side), and it would be the perfect time to replace the fridge with a home type. Has any one done this to their 2006 Ventana. The fridge is a 4 door, sitting over the heater. Any input would be great!
Thanks, Ken
KenandKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-21-2014, 06:56 PM   #2

We replaced our Norcold in our 04 Essex 4 years ago and the best things we have done to change inside. Very popular change and were able to get a Kitchen Aid 22 foot that was the same width and only 2 inches taller that just slide in. We had just enough room by taking a 2 inch molding above the old fridge out. There was about 1 inch more room in the front of the fridge pushing it all the way back. Put new fridge throw side window with a lot of room taking the doors off.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 04:35 AM   #3

My suggestion with a fridge change out is to measure, measure, then measure again. It's the best mod we've done to the coach.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramets View Post
My suggestion with a fridge change out is to measure, measure, then measure again. It's the best mod we've done to the coach.
Couldn't agree more!!!!! measure and measure again.

This past July, I had the Norcold removed from my 2013 Ventana 3434 and am very glad that I did not tackle the project on my own. My initial measurements looked as if every thing would fit with only slight modification but after the removal for the Norcold, I did not account for the frame assembly of the full wall slide and this prevented us from lowering the base to the point required.

So, a couple of point for you to consider.
1. You will most likely need a counter depth fridge which would recess approximately 24".
2. Will the new fridge work on the MSW inverter or will you need a PSW.
3. How many batteries do you have and are you planning to boondock?
lass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #5

Changeing fridge

We never boondock, stayed in wallyworld once or twice, but that's it. Going to start looking soon. Thanks for the info.

Ken McCormack
KenandKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ken here are some conversions one in a Newmar, Maytag, with furnace under it may give you some pointers with your change.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge