Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2018, 01:22 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Time for a new washer

Looking to replace the unreliable Whirlpool washing machine in my 2015 DSDP 4369. Considering the LG WM1388 HW. It has a depth of 25.25 inches vs the Whirlpool's 24 inch depth. It will be a very very tight fit and may require relocating the valves mounted on the back wall.

I know others have replaced the Whirlpool and I'd like to know what you bought and how well it fit.

Thanks - Phil
pshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2018, 05:28 PM   #2

We replaced the Whirlpool washer/dryer set with the Splendide washer and dryer when our 2017 Dutch Star 4369 was 4 months old. The Splendide is much superior to the Whirlpool in terms of quality and functionality. And, Splendide customer service is exceptional.

The physical size was very close and a fairly easy installation. The only modification was the dryer has to set forward about 3 inches because the vent location is different from the Whirlpool. Even so, it worked and and the cabinet doors close without hitting the dryer.

Note: Our Whirlpool washer crapped out when the washer was 4 months old. We found it easier to buy a new Splendide set than to comply with Newmar's multiple service calls to repair the Whirlpool.
and: The Aviators: Stories of Helicopter Combat in Vietnam 1971-72
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:05 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LK23 View Post
.......The Splendide is much superior to the Whirlpool in terms of quality and functionality. And, Splendide customer service is exceptional........

X2 on the above. We “inherited” a Splendide 2100XC vented combo when we bought our coach in ‘12. It has been great for these six years. IMO, Splendide— and their service reps, Westland Sales- are the standard by which other RV appliances are judged.
2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:30 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Sounds like a wonderful idea - another “worthless Whirlpool “ removed and trashed! Horrible product - we can wash a few light items in our machine; no towels or jeans - will not spin the water out.
bwaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:10 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwaller View Post
Sounds like a wonderful idea - another “worthless Whirlpool “ removed and trashed! Horrible product - we can wash a few light items in our machine; no towels or jeans - will not spin the water out.
Look at your whirlpool owners guide - try spinning that water put using the quick diagnostic mode. It has a “max motor speed” test that is working for us. We have a May appointment at Newmar where we hope to get the spin issue resolved.
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:03 AM   #6

We also have a worthless Whirlpool washer, WFC7500VW. The Whirlpool dryer has performed flawlessly and there appears to be no need to replace it.

We have been looking around for a new washer and noticed that Entegra, and maybe Newmar, are replacing the old Whirlpool with a new Whirlpool washer model WFW3090GW. I have no experience with this new washer and was hoping someone with one would chime in.

We’re currently at Entegra for repairs and our washer is on the list. Will work to get washer replaced with the new one, but don’t want to exchange junk for junk. If need be, I think we’ll have it repaired and then replace it with the Splendide down the road....
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:06 AM   #7

Is it easy to get the old whirlpool out and the new one into the coach?
Old 04-14-2018, 07:15 AM   #8

Can’t comment on the Newmar’s, but for us it requires that the dryer be removed to get the washer out. This means that the doors and some other wood work be removed, then the dryer followed by the washer. This would be a lot of work and may be difficult for the bride and I to do. Not impossible, but difficult. This is why we will push for the newer Whirlpool washer instead of the one we currently have over a repair.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:19 AM   #9

We like our Haire 1600 combo.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 07:22 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - For anyone questioning the new model WFW3090GW it has been excellent for the 6 months we have had the coach. We are full time and the washer is used constantly. It might be worth considering. We had two prior Splendide washer and they were good machines as well.

Tom
Old 04-14-2018, 07:29 AM   #11

Thanks Tom - Our old Whirlpool, WFC7500VW, has been nothing but trouble. I think we’ll work to have the newer Whirlpool washer, WFW30390GW, installed instead of repairing it. Maybe Entegra will work with us on replacing it since we’re still under warranty.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:46 AM   #12

We have been full time in our VTDP for only a few months and the Whirlpool tech has already visited us for the washer.

It gets used every couple of days so we fully expect it to crap out sometime in the first year or two. We have had two Splindid washers and dryers in other RVs and they were very well made and dependable. We will not have this one repaired, that's for sure.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 08:48 AM   #13

Washer

I have also had problems with the Whirlpool washer that came with the coach. Door latch worked intermittently. Dealer could not reproduce the problem. I called Whirlpool direct. Told me the washer was no longer made and they didn't have parts for the one I had. I told them I saw the door switch on eBay for $80.00 and I didn't mind changing it. They offered to reimburse me if I wanted to go that route. They also offered to send the new model to replace the old model if I wanted to go that way. They gave me the model number WRF560SEYM04 and told me to check it out to see if it met my needs. It looked good to me.
JB Hunt was to deliver and install it at my parking spot. The first washer had fallen over and broke and there was only the driver for the install. Two weeks later another washer arrived with two people. I had to take the doors off the laundry closet; they will not do any trim work. The new washer is deeper and the doors of the closet will not close. It was not the hose connections but the drain pipe in the wall that would not allow it to move back. Bought a new stainless supply hose, (it only takes one, has it's own heater) with a 90 degree elbow at the washer and installed a 90 degree elbow at the faucet.
Ended up adding one inch to the face of the cabinet. Installing the doors tomorrow.
Also had to replace the drip pan under the washer. The old one was too small. Bought a 24 X 24 heater pan and trimmed off the top since it was 4 inches deep. The size made it difficult since the pan had to be tilted to get in the cabinet then the washer lifted to set down in the pan, in the closet. It has been fun
Been using the washer for 8 or 9 months and it has worked well. We do a load of laundry almost every day. The only time it will not spin is when we put a throw rug in and it gets out of balance; works better if we put two rugs in it.
Webz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:13 AM   #14

Maybe it’s me, but I did a search on your part number and it comes up as a refrigerator. Can you check your part number? I’d like to look at the washer specs.