Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2017, 09:07 PM   #15
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vett View Post
Which company makes the best tire pressure monitoring system for motor home and a car trailer. Does dutchstar come with them on?

I need one for 8 wheels on motor home and 4 wheels on car trailer

Another vote for the TST 507 flow thru system.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2017, 11:27 PM   #16

I'm also using the TST 507 system with 12 sensors. I initially bought the flow-through style but requested a swap to the cap style. TST did this at n/c and sent me a long-range antenna (also at n/c) so there's no need for a repeater. I tow a full-size pickup with a Blue Ox Avail and drop-hitch receiver adapter which makes for a very long distance to the toad's rear wheels. No problems at all with this setup, and TST's customer service has been excellent.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:37 AM   #17

I have the Tireminder. Had them for 2 years and still working great.............TireMinder® TPMS - The #1 Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) in America - Minder Research Inc.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:31 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
I guess Iam the only one with Valor, inside the tire system

Have had the system for about two years with no problems. Eight sensors in MH and four in my pk. Gave me two displays, one for each vehicle. Great service.
rjmmonty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:40 PM   #19

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh View Post
The best sensors are the ones which are mounted inside the tires, but they are expensive to buy and install. Valor is the only supplier I know for the aftermarket for such system. For external sensors my preference is the EEZRV flow-thru system for the coach and the button sensors for the toad. The free repeater makes the system more reliable for the longer coaches.
On our previous DSDP I used the TST 507 system with repeater. The present rig came with the Smartire system which has internal sensors. I was going to investigate the Valor system till I found that I could buy new Smartire sensors and a Les Schwab dealer would install and program them when I had new tires installed.
The SmarTire system was a factory option and they were still working fine up till Nov. 2016. So they lasted 8 years since the rig was built in 2008.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:49 AM   #20

Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
I have a 2016 Bay Star Sport and the front wheel covers needed to be altered in order to install my TST sensors. Basically the covers as is, have to be removed in order to check tire pressure.
Had to use small grinder to use TST (and probably most other). Newmar not concerned, suggested I seek an aftermarket soloution. Which I did, but not what you want to hear on a new vehicle, along with, "have your wheels aligned, balance your tires, get the 6 speed transmission updated, and trim the interior slide molding behind the drivers seat so the seat can go back far enough".
Old 02-05-2017, 06:12 AM   #21

There are several other threads on this topic and not surprisingly most folks recommend what they own. I have the EEZRV Tire Cap sensor system which works as advertised on my Baystar Sport. The standard 135 degree valve extenders allowed the sensor to screw on without modifications, but I did not use the Locks as they make the sensor too bulky and awkward to deal with. I did use the locks on the Toad sensors. One nice feature of the EERV is the ability to remove either the Motorhome or the Toad from the screen with a quick 2 key press...so you don't get annoying sensor lost beeps when the toad drives away from the motorhome. And I can also use the monitor in the toad with the motorhome removed from the sensor.
It sureis handy to see all the tire pressures before heading off,without having to maually check pressures on ten tires.
Polyian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:20 AM   #22

As mentioned somewhere above, I also have the TST 507 same configuration of sensors (pass through on 8 tires and 4 non pass through's on my car and enclosed trailer however I do have the repeater. They work great. You can also purchase a suction cup mount which I have on the drivers passenger window. I also hard wired it to a 12 v ignition activated power source so it turns off when the engine is off.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:43 AM   #23

PressurePro 12 years and love them
Old 02-05-2017, 08:45 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeTheWay View Post
PressurePro 12 years and love them

I concur. I purchased a 10 sensor system in '03 and up graded to 12 sensor when we moved into our full timing coach. We are still using our 2nd set of sensors. It's been flawless.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:59 PM   #25

After much research, I've settled on the EEZ RV system. The support provided in answering my questions about the product have been first rate. Also the video's on there site are very well done.
sightseers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 09:00 AM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
We operated a TST system on our prior coach (Tiffin Allegro Bus 45LP) for 4 years. When it was working, it worked great ... but we did have issues. I suspect a bad amplifier, or poor electrical connection to the amplifier, caused the multiple sensor drop-outs every trip (I found a loose amplifier wire connection as I was getting the coach ready to trade).

Our new Essex comes with Valor sensors, integrated into the SilverLeaf system. I love the ability to see coach tire pressures and temperatures, something that finally provides the same level of tire health monitoring as we find in our automobiles. However, it's been an on-going experience getting the toad to join the program. Two issues. 1. We have the Valor sensors installed in the toad's wheels, although the tire shop doing the install was far from happy. Each wheel has the vehicle's sensor, plus a valor sensor mounted in the rims, 180 degrees opposite from each other, making tire reinstallation difficult. Their view is there's a high probability of damaging the Valor sensor during any future tire removal/replacement work. 2. Our dealer didn't have a setting tool which went low enough to set the toad reference pressure, so we'll have to go back when he gets a different tool. Which raises another question, what do I do when I rotate tires on the toad? I either need to buy my own tool, or look at it that the SilverLeaf system will tell me if there's a toad tire problem and it's up to me to determine where that tire is now installed.
NCRog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure