Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2018, 08:07 PM   #1

Tires

I was wondering if anybody would have a suggestion for an upgraded tire for the Newmar Ventana LE, 4037 model. The tires from the factory are not impressive and I would like to upgrade them.
dh5185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2018, 08:45 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dh5185 View Post
I was wondering if anybody would have a suggestion for an upgraded tire for the Newmar Ventana LE, 4037 model. The tires from the factory are not impressive and I would like to upgrade them.
What brand and size came on your Ventana LE ?
Old 07-21-2018, 03:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav-cle View Post
What brand and size came on your Ventana LE ?

Michelin 275/70R22.5
Old 07-21-2018, 07:22 AM   #4

If the tires don't need replacing due to wear or age, I doubt that any tire change will result in any significant improvement. What do you hope to improve? Many folks that get new tires feel that ride is improved and that may be explained by older tires get harder (at least that's what I understand) and or adjustments made in air pressure when new tires are installed. There are a ton of threads on motorhome tires which you may want to check out before making any decision to change tires. Replacing tires is an expensive way to attempt an improvement that may be not happen.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 07:50 AM   #5

You are probably right that the XZE2 tires are not the best for your Ventana. Michelin does not even recommend them in their RV tire selector for your size. But as has been mentioned they are expensive to replace, so you may want to check your tire pressures first. Get the corner weights and then, using the tables, set the pressure to the minimum you can. You may be able to drop 10 or 20 psi, and that will make a big difference to your comfort.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbwr View Post
If the tires don't need replacing due to wear or age, I doubt that any tire change will result in any significant improvement. What do you hope to improve? Many folks that get new tires feel that ride is improved and that may be explained by older tires get harder (at least that's what I understand) and or adjustments made in air pressure when new tires are installed. There are a ton of threads on motorhome tires which you may want to check out before making any decision to change tires. Replacing tires is an expensive way to attempt an improvement that may be not happen.

Thanks for responding. I’ve done all the pressure adjustments and wait. There’s absolutely no grip with these tires in snow, of course none with ice. But there has to be something to afford a much better ride than what we currently have.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:21 AM   #7

If you go to simpletire.com, you can research tires by size and then you can see how they are rated for traction as well as other areas. When searching tires for our Bay Star, I recall seeing a few tires with aggressive tread patterns. I would speculate that you would be looking for an aggressive tread tire for the drive axle and use a different tire for the steer axle....but again, I have no expertise in tires! Maybe some of the tire pros will respond.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 11:58 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dh5185 View Post
toyo makes a decent moho tire for the $$$ they seem to last a long time too!
Old 07-21-2018, 02:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbwr View Post
If you go to simpletire.com, you can research tires by size and then you can see how they are rated for traction as well as other areas. When searching tires for our Bay Star, I recall seeing a few tires with aggressive tread patterns. I would speculate that you would be looking for an aggressive tread tire for the drive axle and use a different tire for the steer axle....but again, I have no expertise in tires! Maybe some of the tire pros will respond.

Thank you. Very helpful.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonfu View Post
toyo makes a decent moho tire for the $$$ they seem to last a long time too!

Thanks!

Tags
tires