Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2006, 01:21 PM   #15

Hi Jacki! I have installed the exact same everything you have (R-6, and all the stuff) in a 2007 Mountain Aire 4528, which is the exact same floor plan as you have. The eqt is also above the reefer and our unit is all electric. I have a bunch of questions for you. Do you want me to do it online or do you want to call me? If you want to call me E-Mail me with your E-Mail address or your phone number and a good time to call you. Our dealer thought we were nuts when we gave him the schematic off the KVH web site but he followed it and it works on all the outputs. Let me know how I can be of help. Paul
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2006, 04:13 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
FYI, I spoke w/Ken, head of sales at Newmar when ordering my DSDP 4304 last week. They are running true component cables to the midship and front TV. The TVs will be HD ready if I decide to upgrade my in motion sat to HD, (purely a board inserted). Not sure what they charged me as it is in w/the other extras. But, I told him if he couldn't get the cable to give me the length and I will send it to him.

As an avid videophile, I can tell you that HD on DirecTV is not worth it yet. But, should be soon.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:16 PM   #17

Just saw HD broadcast on a friends rear projection with Dish TV-made all the difference in the world-but that was rear projection which was not very good to begin with.
Old 09-12-2006, 04:24 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
What I meant by HD not worth it yet on Direct Tv or DISH is limited programming.

However, have seen the NFL direct ticket in HD and it is incredible. More programming to come.
JavaJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:53 AM   #19

Well here's a new cink in the armour. All new KVH satellite dishes will not support any other receiver but the 311 which is a standard definition receiver. This is to operate on multi satellites. So..... if you have a new Essex with a KVH dish, you can forget about multi sat high def, but you will need a high def. to get and watch 119.
Also, the KVH R-6 must be user programmed (using a laptop and Hyperlink) to go into sleep mode if you want to leave it on for days at a site.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:01 PM   #20
Administrator Emeritus

Peter, I've NEVER liked the KVH's need for a laptop....

King Controls Kingdome uses it's own control box which enables you to stay on a site....
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:16 PM   #21

Actually the new KVH's also use a control box that shows everything and the R-6 includes the first built in GPS. But they did not make it such that you could change things like "sleep mode" Dahhhhh.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:02 AM   #22

Hi Jetsmania,

I can't believe I missed this post but tonight I am cleaning out emails in the middle of the night and found it.

I would love to talk to you. I also just listened to our messages from today and the tech at our dealer called late and said he had some good news on our setup. Probably wants us to buy something else! This is the third week they have had it but we are picking it up this Thursday to go to the Newmar International Rally.

My email address is jacki@maa-tpa.com - phone number - 405-359-8989 (home) - 405-550-6968 (cell). We are on Central Time and anytime after noon is good for me. If you will email me your phone number I will call you on my dime. Just let me know when would be a good time. I have to admit, in reading about all the serious issues people are having with their coaches not being able to record a program or pause while watching doesn't rank very high. We haven't been out enough to find out if we have any serious issues. But we certainly are spoiled with our TIVO's.

Thanks so much for your offer of help.

Jacki
Old 09-19-2006, 05:15 AM   #23

Hi Jacki! I will call you or you can call me. It does not matter. You can call anytime. Cell 732.610.5489 Paul
Old 09-19-2006, 05:19 AM   #24

Hi Peter! Can you explain what the sleep mode does? Also what do you mean when you say we can only use the 311 receiver for multi sats? We are currently using the KVH R6. Thanks for your help. Paul
Old 09-19-2006, 05:36 AM   #25
Administrator Emeritus

Paul, the "sleep mode" allows the "in motion" part of the R6 to "sleep" as you'll be stationary and not need the constant whiz banging back and forth to track...

HERE is a link to the KVH R6 page, where you might find some more answers to your questions...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:48 AM   #26

Paul as Bob said, the sleep mode activates a standby when ever the movement activity is still for about a minute. If the vehicle moves or the receiver demands another sat the unit wakes and runs as need.

The Dish 311 receiver is the only Dish receiver that will function for multi auto changing sats, such as Dish 500, 119, 110 and 129. The 311 is not a HD set. This issue is outlined in the KVH web site.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:21 AM   #27

Hi! As usual I confuse easily. I am using Direct Tv. When ever I hear the word Dish I think of the Sat unit not the provider Sorry. Thanks for the info on the sleep mode. I will have to look into it.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:25 AM   #28

That's an easy mistake Paul. Even with the Direct you may want to program the "sleep" mode in so you can have the antenna turned on 24/7 while located in one location.