Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2016, 08:29 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotspike View Post
We just finished a special order with Newmar and once we started rolling it was very simple and very fast. I would say that most of your stuff under suggestion #1 is already in place.

In our case, we decided which model that we wanted to purchase, we met with Michelle at Newmar and went over things, decided which specials that we wanted to request. We gave that list to Michelle and left to go home.

By the next day Michelle had the specials filed in their system and within another day or so she had answers on which ones were rejected and which ones could be done.

When we got home we simply sent our order sheet to six dealers for bid and told them what the specials were filed under at the factory. Within a week I had six bids from six different dealers with pricing for my specific coach with specials included.

And that was it.

There was no haggling or negotiating at all as all of the bids included the specials. Since most of the dealers we dealt with are familiar with this kind of purchasing I got some really strong offers. We selected our dealership and there was no subsequent negotiations after that.

It was apparent that a few of the more competitive dealers just pass the factory cost of the specials to the customer without any markup looking only at the order sheet to determine their profit. Some of them even said so right up front.

The whole thing took a week from leaving the factor to having an order in. In order to jump start your stuff, figure out your specials, (aka what it is that you really want to buy) and then have all of the dealerships bid against the actual order.

John
Interesting...we visited Michelle in September and were told we had to give her a dealer for the specials to go through. We weren't ready with a specific dealer but gave her one of our probable dealers...soon after all the issues came up with the 2016's and we decided to hold off until things settled down. I would much prefer to get quotes with specials included, but we understood we couldn't work it that way. Good to know about your experience as we plan for a 2017 order.
Cclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2016, 03:26 PM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
I believe

I believe that even though your special order went to one dealer for pricing, that you can give another dealer the special order number and they can call Newmar for the price of the specials.

Regards,

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cclee View Post
Interesting...we visited Michelle in September and were told we had to give her a dealer for the specials to go through. We weren't ready with a specific dealer but gave her one of our probable dealers...soon after all the issues came up with the 2016's and we decided to hold off until things settled down. I would much prefer to get quotes with specials included, but we understood we couldn't work it that way. Good to know about your experience as we plan for a 2017 order.
MoHoGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 10:08 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
We requested 6 bids, all 6 had a copy of our specials. Newmar sent them to one of the dealers (at my direction) who shared them with me. I was then able to forward a copy to the other 5 dealers.

The specials come as a list with the total dealer cost, nothing was itemized. At my request one of the dealers was able to get an itemized breakdown for me.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote