Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-23-2017, 09:30 AM   #1

Toilet won't fill

I have a 2015 Dutchstar 4369. The back toilet won’t fill with water. When I push the button to add water or flush I hear a faint click but no water. It will flush when I put water in it. Second bath works fine as do all faucets and shower. Thoughts?
KLAFFEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2017, 02:33 PM   #2

Does the 1/2 bath toilet flush? If it doesn't then it sounds like the black tank is either full or something is telling the Dometic controls that it is full? What color is the tank light indicator on the flush panel?
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 04:39 PM   #3

Are you either on shore water or have your water pump turned on?
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 04:57 PM   #4

Half bath works fine. On tank and black water is close to empty. I removed the panel next to the toilet and the Oasis system and fan is there. In that compartment is a black box that clicks when you push the flush or fill button. Has to be some type of controller. Has a data type cable going into it and when I pull off the flush electric controller cover it has the same data cable connection. No reset anywhere.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:18 PM   #5

There is a electric solenoid valve located in the toilet base that actuates open and closed. Had the same problem in our 2014 Essex. More than likely the valve is stuck and needs replacing. I carry a extra vale now. Replacing valve is simple. You have to remove the bolts holding base to the floor tilt base over somewhat and you easily see the solenoid valve.
tmh1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 05:25 PM   #6

Your valve is more than likely stuck closed. When our valve malfunctioned it failed open and the bowel wouldn't quit filling with water a very bad situation. The black box sends a signal to solenoid valve the valve opens for a predetermined time allowing bowel to fill with water then closes.
tmh1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 02:40 PM   #7

If it is a valve sticking a temporary fix is put some Vaseline on the blade and seal. Each application will last a week or more. This will help most toilet seals.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:09 PM   #8

Replace the valve in the back of the unit. It can be awkward leaning over the bowl but it is doable. You can order a valve from Newmar or Dometic,
Xintec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 06:43 PM   #9

Thanks we are back from our trip and will get the valve and one as a spare and make the replacement. I appreciate the help!
Old 11-26-2017, 08:27 PM   #10
cwg

I had the same problem. The rear toilet would open to flush but not refill the bowl. I dreaded what all I perceived the problem would entail but found it a simple answer. Apparently one of us had held the flush button down too long. The programming changed to the water saver mode. The solution was this: hold the flush button down for five seconds... when the light flashes let go and it reverts back to the normal water fill.

This may not be your solution but if you have electric switched toilets for operation it worked for me last week. Good luck
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toilet, water