Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2015, 09:51 AM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you are not seeing 2 zones on the thermostat display the dip switches on the control boards in each AC units may not be set correctly. Or the thermostat may need to be reset. If you don't have the operation manual I have attached it for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dometic 5 Button Comfort Control Center Manual.pdf (620.6 KB, 35 views)
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2015, 10:24 AM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chboone View Post
If you are not seeing 2 zones on the thermostat display the dip switches on the control boards in each AC units may not be set correctly. Or the thermostat may need to be reset. If you don't have the operation manual I have attached it for you.
Hello Chuck and thanks for the manual.

I can see and program zone 2.

OK...I think I figured out the thing about each zone being on its own HP or AC settings. I just went back and PATIENTLY (not my forte LOL) waited for things to settle down and yes, I do have the ability to set HP on one zone and AC on the other.

Before dragging this WAY off topic I may start a separate thread on the CCC regarding why my system doesn't flop over to furnace automatically when outside temps get too low and integrating it with my AGS.

THANKS AGAIN!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 10:29 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
I've heard of people dropping the round grill & placing a CD on the post & then reinstalling.
MuckSavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 12:21 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Hello Chuck and thanks for the manual.

I can see and program zone 2.

OK...I think I figured out the thing about each zone being on its own HP or AC settings. I just went back and PATIENTLY (not my forte LOL) waited for things to settle down and yes, I do have the ability to set HP on one zone and AC on the other.

Before dragging this WAY off topic I may start a separate thread on the CCC regarding why my system doesn't flop over to furnace automatically when outside temps get too low and integrating it with my AGS.

THANKS AGAIN!
Glad you figured it out Don, it makes it nice to have a warm living room in the morning and a cool bedroom at night.........never let the heat pump run in cold enough weather to see if it switches over to the furnace
Old 04-03-2015, 09:43 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";2493446]Tom [B][URL="http://www.rvwholesalers.com/catalog/heat-vent-4-white-dampered_plastic.html?gclid=CNvxwZfc2MQCFYQlgQodME YAaQ
adjustable vents[/URL][/B] for AC duct.

Sweet, thanks!
Old 04-03-2015, 11:09 PM   #20

Wow! For me it's very complicated! I haven't been on the roof and don't quite know what all this "heat pump stuff" is. We don't know what zone controls what area in the coach! Did I read that correct (zone 1 is for the front of the coach?) and zone 2 is for the back of the coach? Thank you everyone! We will continue to investigate patiently this dilemma and may try a few suggestions. I hope my DH can figure this out.
happycookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:24 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Happycookin, you basically have a very simple operation of your heat and cooling system as I had in my 98 MA.
As palehorse explained here you have Zone & Mode buttons on your control and you select either Zone 1 living area or 2 bedroom area, which flash's at bottom of control so you know your in zone selected than you select the Mode you want to put that zone into cool--- furnace-- heat pump if you have it.
What people forget to do is select zone 2 and select the Mode they should put it into.
Your heat sensor's will than do their job and keep it cool for you or as warm as you want it.
This link in QT's 1 & 2 explains in more detail its operation, 1 & 2 also has all AC and heating systems of older coach's plus slide info, jack systems, battery systems and many related items for older Newmars.
With only the front AC programed to operate you will get cooling in bedroom if zone 2 is not correctly programed but tempered, the air ducts go from front to back in your ceiling but with the rear zone 2 correctly programed both AC's will put out into same ducts and cool almost to the point of cold, same if you have the heat pumps.
Your coach is very well insulated to provide better cooling and heating within the coach, not like SOB's with poor insulation jobs.
All the QT links below in my signature are full of needed info for your coach.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 05:12 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTom View Post
We have the same issue in the bedroom. It gets real cold. I couldn't find adjustable grills for the air ducts. So I put black duct tape on the inside of the grill to redirect the flow of air to the front where there is greater need because of the large front window. Works like a champ.
That's OK I guess but the adjustable ceiling vent are much easier, I have adjustable metal floor vents for my heating furnace, wife sleeps in recliner and likes it warm, I sleep in bedroom not so warm adjustable floor vent push's the heat out front and rear bath has adjustable also so wife gets more heat.
Have to keep DW warm because of her ill's warm wife, happy wife.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:58 AM   #23

And then there are those of us who have a 4 button thermostat for each unit. We have a vent over the head of the bed and it is getting a clear plastic deflecter installed this weekend. Even with the louvers on the vent closed it dumps air directly on us a night.
Nana25K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 07:02 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nana25K View Post
And then there are those of us who have a 4 button thermostat for each unit. We have a vent over the head of the bed and it is getting a clear plastic deflecter installed this weekend. Even with the louvers on the vent closed it dumps air directly on us a night.
Our vent is also right over our head's, but we have a overhead storage cabinet overhead that opens up, so I just open it to the point it is about half way......and it stays there and directs the cold air down toward the bottom of the bed, we always run the ceiling fan, so the cold air gets caught it it and distributed.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:40 PM   #25

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycookin View Post
Wow! For me it's very complicated! I haven't been on the roof and don't quite know what all this "heat pump stuff" is. We don't know what zone controls what area in the coach! Did I read that correct (zone 1 is for the front of the coach?) and zone 2 is for the back of the coach? Thank you everyone! We will continue to investigate patiently this dilemma and may try a few suggestions. I hope my DH can figure this out.
Yes, zone 1 is front zone 2 is rear. Download the manual in post #15, it explains the thermostat control buttons and operation.
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote